• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yam Ah Mee too high and mighty to eat with peasants @ CC

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Undoing community bonding

LAST Saturday, a friend invited me to an event organised by the People's Association (PA) at Cheng San Community Club.

The ticket cost $12 per person, and a high-tea buffet was included. In attendance were Ang Mo Kio GRC MP Ang Hin Kee and PA chief executive director Yam Ah Mee.

While I appreciate the efforts of the PA and community clubs in organising such community-bonding events, it left me with reservations.

I was flabbergasted to discover that the organising committee, judges, sponsors and other VIPs enjoyed their high-tea in a closed air-conditioned room while the rest of the guests had theirs outside under a tent.

Why was there a 'divide' for an occasion aimed at community bonding?

On the same day, across the road from the PA event, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was officiating at an event marking the completion of an upgrading programme.

According to press reports, he emphasised that the Government was determined to improve citizens' lives, and this included community bonding.

What happened was unfortunate because the grassroots leaders who organised the community-bonding event were undoing what the Government is trying to achieve.

Lum Yan Meng

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_722690.html

all the dogs obviously dun take ass loong seriously, think he is a softie...

peons stewpig enough to pay for ah yam buffet when he dun even wan to eat with chiu ...

kannina

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
The air con buffet includes king crab legs, oysters, sashimi and lobsters.

The tent high tea is pakoras. smelly toufu , nasi lemak and rose colored water.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lum Yan Meng : was flabbergasted to discover that the organising committee, judges, sponsors and other VIPs enjoyed their high-tea in a closed air-conditioned room while the rest of the guests had theirs outside under a tent.

Ah Meng ah.... you voted for who last May? If you voted for the PAP then you deserved it lah... Frankly speaking, who in the right frame of mind would attend and pay $12 for a buffet event that was attended by countless PAP Porlumpars and Grasslooters..??? For less than 12 bucks you could have a decent satisfying meal at Wee Nam Kee...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Meng ah.... you voted for who last May? If you voted for the PAP then you deserved it lah... Frankly speaking, who in the right frame of mind would attend and pay $12 for a buffet event that was attended by countless PAP Porlumpars and Grasslooters..??? For less than 12 bucks you could have a decent satisfying meal at Wee Nam Kee...

i think he may be a glassloot or running a business there & therefore "obliged" to go...but feel DL...LOL

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. such specimen still living in its own world leh.
3. daft sheep do not mix man.
4. untouchable elites eat by themselves, privileged.
5. daft sheep eat anything thrown to them!
6. it is only for some media thing, the elite sheep will come out to appease the common sheep.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fish man So SAF-like. The General and the crab enjoy good food. Peasants and farmer officers sitting out in the sun!