• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaacob insults our intelligence again

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will our Ministers share their obscene incomes with us? Hey, that's an act of kindness, duh! If they are not going to, then why the fuck doesnt he shut the fuck up?

The Singapore Kindness Movement will extend its campaign to workplaces by February next year to encourage gracious behaviour between workers.

The campaign hopes, for example, to get workers to greet their bosses and co- workers - including security guards and cleaners - more often.
"The idea is to create a kind and gracious workplace where we can become friends with each other," said Dr William Wan, the movement's general secretary. He added: "We are competitive, but we are also collaborative."
Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Yaacob Ibrahim said yesterday that kindness should be encouraged "as a way of life", something to be "inculcated in Singaporeans".
He was speaking at the celebration of World Kindness Day, which saw more than 500 volunteers giving out 30,000 yellow gerbera daisies to shoppers in Orchard Road.
Dr Yaacob conceded that Singaporeans "are not there yet" when it comes to kindness, adding that it is not yet a way of life here.
But there has been improvement, especially when it comes to volunteerism, which has been growing at an increasing rate, he said.
"To me, that's an act of kindness. (It shows) that you are prepared to share what you have with people who are less fortunate."

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm..looks like I need to make a nice poem to dedicate to our erstwhile Minister of Environment. I feel so old after so many of his "it happens once in 50 years" flood keeps on happening.:biggrin:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm..looks like I need to make a nice poem to dedicate to our erstwhile Minister of Environment. I feel so old after so many of his "it happens once in 50 years" flood keeps on happening.:biggrin:

lianbeng replies windsor bro, "yayacok will tell u: stop tokcok n start picking up dried leaves, used condoms n all kinds of rubbish from ur longkang before water kana trapped n flooded again lah!":biggrin:

Annoyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
This recalls to mind the "Smile Singapore" campaign launched in the late nineties (1997/8?). So many reasons in the world to get people to smile, including the fact that it a) makes you happier, b) relaxes your face muscles, and c) looks better than scowling anyway. But no, the focus of the campaign was on how we should smile to make tourists feel welcome, to better contribute to our EE-KON-NO-MEE. And now, this very same government is telling people that we should be kind to each other.

*Virtual group hug, everyone!*

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"To me, that's an act of kindness. (It shows) that you are prepared to share what you have with people who are less fortunate."

So Encik Yaacult, how many of your millions have you shared with the less fortunate? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls do, Windsor. Show us once again yr literary genius.

Lol, no way am I one. Learned poetry in high school and though I did extremely well in literature, I never studied poetry although I do enjoy them. So consider myself as a beginner trying to write something that appears to be poetry.:o

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Volunteer To Be Axed

sg_needs_ft.jpg

Fascist party encourages more young people to do more volunteer works. Why ? Cheap mah. Lee will collect more money by employing fewer workers. Lee's image will improve when old folks are happy with free services. Old folks will continue to vote for more years of fascism. Young people like sotong will think they have done good works and continue to be in a self imposed delusion that they are good. One happy family !

They have to discover that their jobs will be taken over by those who do not do NS and have no CPF accounts.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha, here it is. Sorry if it pales in comparison with the others as I need to get it posted as soon as possible before this thread disappears.

Foot in the mouth disease seems prevalent
Not easy to know who has this infection
For it usually inflicts a civil servant
Who only revealed from having a loose cannon

So let me regale you all of one such dim
He was once our Minister of Environment
His name is Dr. Yaacob Ibrahim
Cases of floods was his special department

Seldom in our history has there been seen
Singapore flooded from a monsoon rain
This fellow after he arrived at the scene
Nonplussed but unashamed, straight-face he remain

With all the bravado and confidence, he said
To them all, "This only happens once every 50 years"
Waving to his audience, he went back to his bed
Our great Dr, Yaacob who has little between his ears

What do you know for 2 weeks later
50 years had passed and another and another
It appears that the unpredictable stormy weather
Disputed our Minister who was formerly a teacher
Not to fool us peasants and pretend he knows much better

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, the world will then know we are all idiots grinning away sillily.

This recalls to mind the "Smile Singapore" campaign launched in the late nineties (1997/8?). So many reasons in the world to get people to smile, including the fact that it a) makes you happier, b) relaxes your face muscles, and c) looks better than scowling anyway. But no, the focus of the campaign was on how we should smile to make tourists feel welcome, to better contribute to our EE-KON-NO-MEE. And now, this very same government is telling people that we should be kind to each other.

*Virtual group hug, everyone!*