• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Xiaomi Bedside lamp is fun

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to think hokkien girls are the best. Despite their being uncouth, I valued their straight forwardness and un-prima donna behaviour. Went out with a few and even married one. Now, I can't fucking stand them. I treat them like guided missiles, ie., fire and forget.:biggrin:
Wat ever gave u the impression that singkie fuckeins gals are the best? Best in wat? Fuckeins attitudes?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just received my new purchase of a bedside lamp - Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp.

Super easy to connect with phone to control. Love it. Its pretty fun.

Call me paranoid but I have this gut feeling that the App is doing more than just controlling the light features. Check all the privacy settings to ensure that you have not enabled access to your mic, camera etc for this app.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Call me paranoid but I have this gut feeling that the App is doing more than just controlling the light features. Check all the privacy settings to ensure that you have not enabled access to your mic, camera etc for this app.

Oh crap. Which setting I need to turn off besides the microphone?

Photo 24-7-19, 11 16 54.png

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
To be honest I would uninstall it and just use whatever manual controls that are available on the lamp itself.

But I need it to control my 2 Xiaomi vacuum cleaners. it sends a message to me whenever it needs to clear the bin, change the brush, clean the sensors and also tell me it had finished cleaning the house like this

Photo 24-7-19, 12 17 37.jpg

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
hanor, good mood lighting but best to have red colour when screwing a vulgar and uncouth sio-kanbu.
a few pieces of ang ku kueh and a pkt of meepok tah would be a good way to bask in the afterglow :tongue:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

eh, james er... semaj, i think you very well-read. whatever reply you come up with got a lot of.... multi-lingual fluidity.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But I need it to control my 2 Xiaomi vacuum cleaners. it sends a message to me whenever it needs to clear the bin, change the brush, clean the sensors and also tell me it had finished cleaning the house like this

View attachment 61683

It is always a choice between privacy and convenience. Some people rank convenience over privacy. Others like me are paranoid about privacy. In the end it's a personal call.

I use a manual Meile vacuum cleaner and it does not know anything about me because it does not have a brain or an internet connection. :smile: I know when I have finished cleaning the house because I am the one that did the cleaning.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

eh, james er... semaj, i think you very well-read. whatever reply you come up with got a lot of.... multi-lingual fluidity.
not sure about being well-read, but fluidity is a good state of flux to be in when it comes to making decisions in ever-changing circumstances, especially when it comes to the stance to adopt when cumming eg cof, cob etc :tongue:
It is always a choice between privacy and convenience. Some people rank convenience over privacy. Others like me are paranoid about privacy. In the end it's a personal call.

I use a manual Meile vacuum cleaner and it does not know anything about me because it does not have a brain or an internet connection. :smile: I know when I have finished cleaning the house because I am the one that did the cleaning.
good on ya, sam - put the elbow-grease to better use in sprucing up the house, and the other grease for lube purposes :whistling: