• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP welcomes public transport concession schemes, but asks for delay in fare hikes

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I expect WP to do better and challenge the PTC's basis for increasing fares.
fucked up performance, unreliable service still have cheek to ask for fare increase? its akin to getting bonus and pay rise for dismal performance.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If wat u say is true about what WP has said about the fare hike than i feel wp is being a let down due to their weak arguments. Hope.they perform better.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expect WP to do better and challenge the PTC's basis for increasing fares.
fucked up performance, unreliable service still have cheek to ask for fare increase? its akin to getting bonus and pay rise for dismal performance.

They do make the statement right?

The fare hike has also come despite train breakdowns having become a regular affair, further compounding the frustrations of commuters, who are frequently affected by such service quality and reliability lapses.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They do make the statement right?

The fare hike has also come despite train breakdowns having become a regular affair, further compounding the frustrations of commuters, who are frequently affected by such service quality and reliability lapses.

They shld bring this into parliament n debate about it. Let Lui defend the dismal record n performance in parliament. Also, now that they privatised certain routes to allow private operator to run, what is their performance vs incumbent ?

There must b KPI linked to fare increase, no improvement no increase it's only fair, if there is improvement in sic n reliability , ppl dun mind raising fares.

This is opportunity for WP to raise these in parliament to debate.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think you can hold off fare hikes forever. Even if services have improved 10 years later without any hike, some people will still be against any hike. Delay is a more appropriate word.

The fact that a PAP minister rebutted WP's statement, and only WP's, speaks volumes. It doesn't happen at all WP releases. In parliament, you are limited by the space of PQ. It's not necessarily a better channel, depends on who's receiving the message.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
They shld bring this into parliament n debate about it. Let Lui defend the dismal record n performance in parliament. Also, now that they privatised certain routes to allow private operator to run, what is their performance vs incumbent ?

There must b KPI linked to fare increase, no improvement no increase it's only fair, if there is improvement in sic n reliability , ppl dun mind raising fares.

This is opportunity for WP to raise these in parliament to debate.

I personally think they should not because it can do anything to stop PAP from reversing their decision but to let PAP pay the maximum political cost. I think even the middleground are unhappy with the fare hike and it silly for WP to withhold their fire just to make themselves appear moderate in the eyes of the centrist voters.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think you can hold off fare hikes forever. Even if services have improved 10 years later without any hike, some people will still be against any hike. Delay is a more appropriate word.

The fact that a PAP minister rebutted WP's statement, and only WP's, speaks volumes. It doesn't happen at all WP releases. In parliament, you are limited by the space of PQ. It's not necessarily a better channel, depends on who's receiving the message.

WP basically got all the points just that it not assertive and forceful enough for our likings. Whether other opposition parties like it or not, PAP view WP as the greatest threat as can be seen from their focus on WP and ignore the rest.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I personally think they should not because it can do anything to stop PAP from reversing their decision but to let PAP pay the maximum political cost. I think even the middleground are unhappy with the fare hike and it silly for WP to withhold their fire just to make themselves appear moderate in the eyes of the centrist voters.

No doubt there will b no reversal, but it forces debate n justification. So far, PAP just highlight the sweetener which is rebate for under privilege which obviously bring them brownie points.

But if WP isn't gonna ask Lui to justify the increase n on wat basis, public won't know. Already WP is behaving sensibly by not challenging for sake of challenging but on issues like this, they should make it a point to seek justification or at least let Lui sweat

The other subject to bomb PAP is the privatisation of hawker centres.

It's clear at the moment WP lack the clout to successfully block any measures passed by PAP but it can be a thorn to always keep them in check, to remind voters that they r on the back of PAP else come 2016 pp, will forget,cause PAP will give ang pows

Last edited: