• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wp to win aljunied grc big tis time round!!!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
giphy.gif

workers party is going to lose big time in all the contested wards
they have proved to the people that they are truly incompetent and hapless
the feedback I got from the ground is truly appalling
they are fed up with the workers party arrogance
they are fed up with the workers party for doing nothing in parliament
they are fed up with the many mps who are useless and ineffective

pap will sweep across the island winning all the seats
even strongholds like potong pasir will lose to the pap again
the oppo is useless and disunited
with no purpose, no direction and no head
all snake heads going in different directions

pap is going to have a big victory - the best so far in the history of Singapore
majulah pap!!!

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will probably lose a lot more in bribes taken by corrupt elected officials due to very low public salaries.

i would rather have free media, independent courts and independent civil servants than self-claimed clean leaders.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's not about self claimed or self professed truth and purity
see the work of the pap government
a wonderful, prosperous and progressive Singapore

that's the testimony of a great pap governance
the world's best economy
the world's best city
the world's best country

pap proves by its commitment to build a great country

oppo parties just sit back and enjoy the fruits of pap labout
they do nothing but simply argue and criticize like arm chair keyboard warriors
they are utterly useless, unpatriotic, ungrateful and disruptive ingrates

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
If an official is morally rotten, you pay him $1 million a month, he can still be a corrupt offical. High salaries do not ensure an official remains corruption free. LKY was wrong but he as usual wanted people to believe him.

When an official is morally upright, he will still be corruption free if paid peanuts. The argument for paying high salaries is just a means to achieve an end, plucking the trees for fruits before the trees die.

Exactly, you arre right.
Paying millions dollar salary to get a clean minister is totally wrong.
It would get only yes-man.
A clean person is always clean regardless of his or her payscale.
Only a corrupt minded and greedy person does matter his/ her salary out of the normal living cost.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I were to look at it this way, WP winning margin of 4 % wasn't a very comfortable margin. If internal pap straw poll indicate the gap is closing, then pap could perhaps send in a heavyweight ministerial candidate to seal WP fate. Fact that there wasn't could somehow indicate the gap is widening.

Of course I might also be wrong as politics in sinkieland is about how the electorates relate to a candidates rather than how a person's credential impress the voters. But looking at the current pap team in AJ GRC, I don't think residents can in anyway relate to them particularly that victor lye.

If our electoral processes became more in line with international norms, 3% to 8% winning margins would be very common in the future. I don't think WP has much to be fazed about if they keep the AJ team intact. If they move LTK or one of the heavyweights out, then PAP could take a gamble and send a heavyweight minister in, although I think that is not very likely. That's why I think AJ is secure.

What do you mean by "how the electorate relates to a candidate rather than how a person's credentials impress"?

I thought the traditionalists always paid attn to credentials although times have changed, no doubt.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't be fooled by the cleanliness and integrity of man
no man is corrupt and greed free
if you don't feed him
he will find a way
if you don't pay him well
he will also find a way to pay himself

greed is always there
temptation is always there
the mind is full of tricks
you cannot tame the mind
but you can tame his greed

high salaries are just incentives
but they cannot stop the greed
the evil and impurity if they are allowed to run riot
pay your staff well, they will stay
pay your staff well, they will be happy at work
pay your staff well, they will be productive
pay your staff well, they will give their best

so high pay is nothing unacceptable
high pay is not a sign of corruption
high salary is not a sign of impurity

the high salary demands responsibility and accountability
if you cant handle this better step down

so pap ministers are all responsible and accountable
just look how hard they work day and night
many have in fact aged overnight
they can command more money outside the government
these are capable leaders in their own fields
why should we begrudge them their salaries
we must pay them well

in other countries
you can a small salary
but you can big fat kickbacks
and billion dollar scandals

which you prefer
fartup peaheads and birdheads
always begrudging high salaries

pap is right
pay the ministers well
Singapore will be safe forever
mr lee kuan yew was right
a man of great vision who transformed a people
a country a nation in one generation

majulah pap!!!!!!!!!!!

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't be fooled by the cleanliness and integrity of man
no man is corrupt and greed free
if you don't feed him
he will find a way
if you don't pay him well
he will also find a way to pay himself

greed is always there
temptation is always there
the mind is full of tricks
you cannot tame the mind
but you can tame his greed

high salaries are just incentives
but they cannot stop the greed
the evil and impurity if they are allowed to run riot
pay your staff well, they will stay
pay your staff well, they will be happy at work
pay your staff well, they will be productive
pay your staff well, they will give their best

so high pay is nothing unacceptable
high pay is not a sign of corruption
high salary is not a sign of impurity

the high salary demands responsibility and accountability
if you cant handle this better step down

so pap ministers are all responsible and accountable
just look how hard they work day and night
many have in fact aged overnight
they can command more money outside the government
these are capable leaders in their own fields
why should we begrudge them their salaries
we must pay them well

in other countries
you can a small salary
but you can big fat kickbacks
and billion dollar scandals

which you prefer
fartup peaheads and birdheads
always begrudging high salaries

pap is right
pay the ministers well
Singapore will be safe forever
mr lee kuan yew was right
a man of great vision who transformed a people
a country a nation in one generation

majulah pap!!!!!!!!!!!

You have good thinking and logic in putting words.
How do you think of fairness, justice, accountability and responsibility in our leaders and ministers?
Don't tell about group thinking in policy making process, which is clearly to avoid taking responsibility by specific person.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
If our electoral processes became more in line with international norms, 3% to 8% winning margins would be very common in the future. I don't think WP has much to be fazed about if they keep the AJ team intact. If they move LTK or one of the heavyweights out, then PAP could take a gamble and send a heavyweight minister in, although I think that is not very likely. That's why I think AJ is secure.

What do you mean by "how the electorate relates to a candidate rather than how a person's credentials impress"?

I thought the traditionalists always paid attn to credentials although times have changed, no doubt.

I still don't rule out one of the WP incumbent venture out that on the premises that the gap between WP and pap in AJ is widening.

As for the second part, I do think voters don't necessary vote on the basis of a candidate qualifications and portfolio. Rather it the personality and how they relate to it that matters. This is particularly so for apathy voters and to a certain extend middle ground voters. This is quite apparent during PEBE.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP government has listened to the electorate's voice since the last election in 2011 where they won by the least of margin in history. They had made many positive changes and improvements to their policies since then. This year, being the year of Jubilee for Singapore, they have given out generous Pioneer Generation packages and SG50 packages and freebies to Singaporeans. Many Sinkies are seeing the change in PAP. The passing of LKY has brought many sinkies to understand how much the PAP founding leader has sacrificed to build Singapore to what it is today. Many Sinkies have a deep sense of gratitude to the late LKY. All these factors converge to give PAP a big boost to their chance of winning the GE. Even in Aljunied GRC where many residents are fed up with the way WP runs the Town Council, there is a high likelihood that there will be a sizeable swing of vote to the PAP in the coming GE.

Aljunied GRC has Low Thia Khang as the anchorman. If he is moved to contest in other GRC ( East Coast GRC ) , the swing of vote to the PAP can be even more substantial.

This GE is not the same as the 2011 GE. WP will find it hard this time round.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
listen with deaf ears you mean? what the fark is patronizing pioneer pirate generation has anything to do with the modern singapore other then giving FAP a free rein to rob rap e and plunder.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
kg2BFX1.png

without this syt wp is going to lose big time

wp is getting too cocky too arrogant and too useless

cant even manage a town council

just look at their team totally useless and eyeing the money only

useless party will lose big time to the greatness and purity of the pap !!!!!!!!!

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
She looks good and cheerful.
She does not have a fake smile.
She appears having concern for ordinary folks and poors.
Btw is she a NSP candidate, isn't she?

marjojohn

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hope she switches camp and come to my GrC...haha

Latest straw poll survey shows WP to take ALjunied GRC, Ponggol EAst, Hougang & Sengkang West. Marine Parade GRC, EAst Coast GRC & Fengsan too close to call. A surprise from our survey show Potong Pasir may go back to opposition and Moubatten as well. So much for now. We ll be taking a break for holidays this week so any update will be next week. Enjoy the holidays ahead. Cheers!! Lau kway bu tonics still the best!!

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Vote wisely, KICK THE WP OUT!

AHPETC-Day-1.jpg

LTK%2BCrying%2BWolf.jpg

look what they do to those innocent children
lameparents.jpg

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
ever since 2011 GE ended, the white sect die-hards (that can afford it), have already moved out of aljunied GRC, while, hammers die-hards (that can afford it), have moved into aljunied GRC. for quite some years, the papaya haven't a clue how to stimulate resale flat transactions, perhaps WP should win more GRCs, so that more resale flats can change hands :biggrin:

meanwhile, for those white sect supporters who haven't a clue how to find the demand for their high-rise prison cells... all they need to do is vote for any opposition that comes contesting in their ward. and when the opposition takes over, it'd be easier for the sellers to find buyers that want to move into the ward.

maybe real estate agents should also consider using "opposition ward" as tagline for sale of unit/flat :cool:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Latest straw poll survey shows WP to take ALjunied GRC, Ponggol EAst, Hougang & Sengkang West. Marine Parade GRC, EAst Coast GRC & Fengsan too close to call. A surprise from our survey show Potong Pasir may go back to opposition and Moubatten as well. So much for now. We ll be taking a break for holidays this week so any update will be next week. Enjoy the holidays ahead. Cheers!! Lau kway bu tonics still the best!!

thank you thank you
have a nice laukwaybutonicthe best weekend