• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Role Re-think?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh wow, Scroobal, I thought you would be the last person to take a deliberately misleading statement from a PAP minister and use it to attack an opposition party. The "same general level" refers to the so called monthly salary of $55,000. "Same structural features of fixed and variable bonuses (though in different proportions)" - These "different proportions" are what makes up all the differences between the WP's and the committee's proposal.
The final take home is NOT the same. This is very clear if you have actually read the transcripts of the debate.
hahaha...what so surprising....it is just another BS.....i mean honest mistake from my idol....let's move on

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
"For Parliament to function effectively as a check on the Executive Government, it is necessary for the House to consist of elected Members from political parties
other than the ruling party
." Towards a First World Parliament, Manifesto 2011, Published by The Workers’ Party

How exactly does the WP "check on the Executive Government" if it remains silent, reticent and is fearful of raising this AIM issue in Parliament?

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How exactly does the WP "check on the Executive Government" if it remains silent, reticent and is fearful of raising this AIM issue in Parliament?

14 November 2012 - Previous Parliament sitting
15 December 2012 - AIM issue surfaced
9 January 2012 - Today
14 January 2012 - Next Parliament sitting

Yeah... criticize the WP for not raising the AIM issue in a non-existent Parliament sitting.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
14 November 2012 - Previous Parliament sitting
15 December 2012 - AIM issue surfaced
9 January 2012 - Today
14 January 2012 - Next Parliament sitting

Yeah... criticize the WP for not raising the AIM issue in a non-existent Parliament sitting.

Please accept my apologies. I did not know that Parliament sits on 14th January. Hence, I started the thread "What will the Workers Party do on 14 January 2013?" a couple of days ago asking whether the 6+2 would remain silent, reticent or fearful or would raise the AIM issue in Parliament.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the correction. It does show that WP needs to do more on the media space that the SCM has no control over.

Oh wow, Scroobal, I thought you would be the last person to take a deliberately misleading statement from a PAP minister and use it to attack an opposition party. The "same general level" refers to the so called monthly salary of $55,000. "Same structural features of fixed and variable bonuses (though in different proportions)" - These "different proportions" are what makes up all the differences between the WP's and the committee's proposal.

The final take home is NOT the same. This is very clear if you have actually read the transcripts of the debate.

Mr Yee Jenn Jong:
"Now, I would like to thank the Prime Minister for acknowledging that the Workers’ Party’s pay formula works out to be less than what the Committee has proposed. I believe Mr Vikram Nair and Mdm Halimah Yacob could check with the Prime Minister on how he arrived at the calculations. In our computation, the benchmark point annual salary for an entry level Minister with 13th-month bonus and an average 2.5 months bonus is $852,500, compared with $1.1 million as recommended by the Committee. This is a 46% cut from the 2010 annual pay. Furthermore, a portion of the bonus is deferred into a bonus bank. Under our proposal, the Prime Minister with the 13th month bonus and 2.5 months bonus will receive $1,534,500, compared with the recommended $2.2 million. This is a 50% cut from the 2010 annual pay."