• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious WP leadership tussle ‘brewing since 2014’

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no doubt that CSM added considerably to WP's Aljunied fortunes in 2011.

Maybe CSM should leave WP and start his own party and contest the elections. It will then show if he is indeed the hotshot and prove that Low had been dependent on him.

The question is does CSM share the same belief as you and leave the WP and bring his followers along. There is nothing to stop him from doing so.

Given his performance after GE 2011, looks like CSM needs the WP more than the WP needing him.

I think it's great if he leaves and form his own party. He is likely to entice a certain category of candidates who may not view the WP and LTK favourably. So, a win-win for his party, WP n voters.

If he gets PT onboard that would be a great start. Imagine the NSP guy (Lim Tean?) switching over and the stage is set for a close battle with the MIW.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believed LTK autocratic style is what kept WP as the best opposition party all these years.

Wah, sinkees are definitely suckers for mediocrity. WP is no opposition ...it is just a clone of the PAP. What has it accomplished as an opposition? Zero. They have NO impact at all. At CSJ, Roy and Amos have brought some international attention and they are not even elected!

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no doubt that CSM added considerably to WP's Aljunied fortunes in 2011.

Maybe CSM should leave WP and start his own party and contest the elections. It will then show if he is indeed the hotshot and prove that Low had been dependent on him.

The question is does CSM share the same belief as you and leave the WP and bring his followers along. There is nothing to stop him from doing so.

No, please don't. The opposition is as fractured as it is.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite what his fans think of CSM, I think he is smart enough not to leave. Firstly he would know that the ones who do the heavy lifting are not with him. They are with Low and they are all have good public profiles. Secondly you cannot discount Low reach among the voters inside as well as outside his own constituency.

Secondly it will take years of hard work and toil to even come close to WP in term of grassroots embedding and ground work with a new party. .

Look at the 2 open supporters of CSM, the ones who nominated him and the ones who were first to leave after the AGM, they are relatively light weight. Somasundram struggled to get his cadreship and he too was dragged into the minority cadre appointment controversy some years back. Looks like Sylvia's judgement was spot on. John has struggle to hold on to his CEC previously as well.

Given his performance after GE 2011, looks like CSM needs the WP more than the WP needing him.

I think it's great if he leaves and form his own party. He is likely to entice a certain category of candidates who may not view the WP and LTK favourably. So, a win-win for his party, WP n voters.

If he gets PT onboard that would be a great start. Imagine the NSP guy (Lim Tean?) switching over and the stage is set for a close battle with the MIW.