• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

would you vote for George Yeo, if he run for President?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
He'll make a good Ambassador. My first choice for him is Rumania, so he can continue to follow the diplomat who hit and run and killed our citizen and then escaped home.

Second choice is Myanmar, where he can continue to work on the military junta.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course, I will vote for George Yeo! He looks like a real nice guy, a family man...

And he got very famous celebrity friends. He stand by his friends

It sound dangerous based on what you said. He has many friends in PAP and if he stand for election, he will stand by PAP if based on your findings. Thus I will vote for Tan Cheng Bock because he is consistent in telling PAP in the face what he felt is not right.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JY will be the greatest loser if he takes it up because he would lose both credibility and the actual EP contest.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
GY is a very important person. He had many friends like Jack Neo who is a member of City Harvest Church. Maybe Jack can help put George on the Board as Chairmanof CHC?

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George Yeo still thinking whether to run for President
By Mustafa Shafawi | Posted: 06 June 2011 1008 hrs
<table width="260" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="20" align="right"> </td> <td width="240" align="right">
phpeEBeLw.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" height="60"> </td> <td class="update" valign="top" height="80"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="138" bgcolor="f6f6f6">Photos </td> <td width="47" bgcolor="f6f6f6">1 of 1</td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> <td width="19" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" width="19" height="15"></td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Mr George Yeo at a recent news conference (photo by Melissa Tan, channelnewsasia.com)</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="510" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" valign="middle" width="510" height="30">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE: Former Foreign Minister George Yeo said running for President is a big decision which he hopes to make two weeks from now, after taking in views and advice from many people.

He asked for patience and understanding.

Mr Yeo said this in an update on his Facebook page Monday morning.

"In case the Presidential election writ is issued while I'm away, some young friends will collect the eligibility forms for me," said Mr Yeo.

Mr Yeo had said in an earlier Facebook update that he would soon be visiting Taiwan.

- CNA/cc

votepapout

Alfrescian
Loyal
George Yeo's reps pick up forms for presidential bid
By Saifulbahri Ismail | Posted: 06 June 2011 1400 hrs
<table width="260" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="20" align="right"> </td> <td width="240" align="right">
php4L4EBC.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" height="60"> </td> <td class="update" valign="top" height="80"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="138" bgcolor="f6f6f6">Photos </td> <td width="47" bgcolor="f6f6f6">1 of 1</td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> <td width="19" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" width="19" height="15"></td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Singapore Elections Department</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> <table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" width="240" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="100%"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"> <td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="topic" valign="top" align="left">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" align="left" bgcolor="#CCCCCC">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" align="left">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#CCCCCC">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="topic" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#CCCCCC">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" align="left">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" align="left" background="/images/dotline_240.gif">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="510" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" valign="middle" width="510" height="30">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE: Representatives of former foreign affairs minister George Yeo collected forms on Monday for a certificate of eligibility for him to contest the Presidential Election.

Fifteen volunteers aged between 16 and 41 arrived at the Elections Department at about 1 pm.

Thirty-six-year-old Lien We King said he received a phone call from Mr Yeo Sunday evening asking him to help collect the forms on his behalf.

Mr Yeo left for Taiwan Monday morning.

He is expected to return to Singapore in 10 days and the forms will be passed on to Mr Yeo then.

The supporters said they are hopeful Mr Yeo will run for the Presidential Election.

They believe Mr Yeo is the type of leader the younger generation will rally around.

They said the youths are very comfortable with Mr Yeo's brand of leadership, and that the promise that Mr Yeo made to engage the younger generation more appealed to them.

They said they wish Mr Yeo to be a free-spirited President who communicates openly and is close to the people on the ground.

Mr Yeo's supporter, Mr Lien We King, said he feels Mr Yeo is very open to new ideas and to meet new people.

"I think that's very refreshing for my generation, (and) even for my parents' generation. Someone who's able to have a sense of the people - that's really important for us," Mr Lien said.

If Mr Yeo does enter the fray to contest in the Presidential Election, he would be the second candidate from the PAP to do so.

The first being the former MP Tan Cheng Bock. Dr Tan has already resigned from the PAP whereas Mr Yeo is still a member of the ruling party's central executive committee."

- CNA/cc

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
If George run, I will vote for anyone running against him. He can go down in history as the biggest loser ever. What an idiot!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GY is qualified if he has thick skin and speak with 2 mouths.
He dramatised about his sicked son and it's best he spend more time with him.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, he has lost credibility with me. Seems to me he is wishy-washy in his recent somersaults & turnarounds.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political double speak. Say you quit politics and not suitable for presidency, now you go back against your words. All your years in parliament, you supported PAP regime and was a real bastard. Only when your son got leukemia and your wife ask you to do some good deeds, you decided to tone down. Now he is recovered, you go back to your old ways. Don't forget there is something called relapse. Karma, always keep it in mind.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sad for him. I'll feel sorry too. Why cannot he read the tea leaves? Is he a masochist or what? Please, somebody tell him not to stand. He'll go down in history as the Minister who lost his seat and also lost his final faith with the people. It's the Party, stupid. It has destroyed him.