• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2quudnc.jpg

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most accomplished member of Germany's forward line is undoubtedly veteran striker Miroslav Klose. He has become a history maker at this tournament, earning the top spot on his country's all-time scoring charts. Klose is sure to chase more history in the final.

hi-res-7842a0b54b0b44726509004c74bcfc28_crop_north.jpg

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi-res-d2f76bf60c1d89333e9b7250a2c3a9a5_crop_north.jpg

David Beckham is thrilled to see Lionel Messi feature in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Final and is backing the Argentina star to lead his team to victory. Messi has often faced criticism that he has not reproduced his Barcelona form on the international stage, but has played a key role as La Albiceleste progressed to Sunday's final against Germany.

"He's amazing," Beckham said in an interview on Adidas football's YouTube channel. "He gives people so much pleasure with the way he plays and what makes him special is he plays as a team-mate as well, a good team player. He's got great individual skill, but winning means everything to him. If other team-mates score goals he's the first one there to celebrate with them and I think that says a lot about him.

"Playing for Argentina, I'm sure there's a certain amount of pressure, but going as far as they've gone is incredible. It means so much to him, his family and everyone else around the world, the fact Messi's going to be playing on this stage."

Having been reluctant to offer a prediction for the final, Beckham - who will be at the game with his children - eventually tipped Argentina to triumph 3-1. He said: "It's just amazing that these two teams have come together. Germany came to the tournament with great experience, people are not too surprised they've got as far as this. There's no particular star, they've just a great group that play well together. Argentina have a group of talented players who play with a lot of passion, but Lionel, I'm just excited to see him play."

Winning means everything to him. If other team-mates score goals he's the first one there to celebrate with them and I think that says a lot about him.

David Beckham on Argentina's Lionel Messi

Reviewing the tournament as a whole, Beckham relished the emergence of new teams and players on the world stage - none more so than Colombia and James Rodriguez. "It's been a great World Cup. The fact you've seen teams like Costa Rica and Colombia perform the way they have and some great young players coming out of the competition, it's been great to see," he said.

Rodriguez was included among the nominees for FIFA's player of the tournament award after scoring six goals in Colombia's five games, most memorably a superb volley on the turn against Uruguay in the last 16. Beckham said: "His goal for me was one of the best of the tournament - as a young player, to have that thought, the way he moved into the ball, the way he turned and struck the ball.

"I've heard about him quite a few times and people told me he was a great talent, but to come on to the world stage at his age and play the way he's played, says how talented he is. I think he's got a great future. He's such a talented player and he's a good-looking kid as well, he's got the whole package."

DO YOU AGREE WITH BECKHAM?? WHY HE SO TOOLAN AGAINST THE GERMANS???

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok ok ok ....I THINK GERMANY WILL WIN....THEY GOT EVERYTHING!!!!

BUT HISTORY AND FATE WILL DETERMINE THE VICTORY WHICH WILL GO TO ARGENTINA!!!

MESSI WILL LEAD HIS TEAM OF CRUSADERS TO A HARD FOUGHT VICTORY! HE IS THE SAVIOUR! HE IS THE MESSIAH !!!

AFTER THE FINAL, EVERYONE WILL BE SHOCKED LIKE THE BRAZILIANS...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GERMAN TANKS AND SCUDS!!!

AceFrehley

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

PAP and all their associates, porlumpars will be hoping that Germany loses otherwise their NCPG will be the joke and come under fire again. :biggrin:

If i have to pick a team to support, it's Germany over Argentina. If Germany loses or the match ends in a draw i will be happy too. :biggrin:

SIFUgiveDogFuck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brazilians will be cheering on Germany. They don't want their neighbour rival to win the World Cup in Brazil. It's rubbing salt into their wounds.

Maradona will be talking shit about Brazil for ages.

We hope Brazilians will support Germany - Flick

170229_heroa.jpg

By Andrew Wychrij
Jul 10, 2014 21:41:00

The Mannschaft assistant coach is optimistic that locals will back his side's attempt to win a fourth World Cup, despite their 7-1 thrashing of the Selecao in the semi-finals

Hansi Flick is hopeful that Brazilians will support Germany in Sunday's World Cup final against Argentina, despite the 7-1 defeat they inflicted on the host nation.

Die Nationalelf produced an exceptional result in their semi-final against Brazil, with Toni Kroos and Andre Schurrle scoring twice as Thomas Muller, Miroslav Klose and Sami Khedira also added to an astonishing scoreline.

However, despite dealing out such a humiliating defeat on the hosts, Flick wants local support in Rio de Janeiro as Germany chase a first World Cup crown since 1990, against the Selecao's bitter rivals Argentina.

"We're hoping for the support of the Brazilians," the 49-year-old told reporters.

"The reaction we have got from them since the game has been amazing. We're looking forward to the game against another South American team. I think the players are really fired up for it.

"Everyone has been able to train, whether on the bikes recovering or working on the pitch."

Miroslav Klose, who was part of the Germany team that lost the 2002 final to Brazil, also spoke of Sunday's clash, admitting he is desperate to lift the trophy.

"I know how bad it feels to lose a final," the 36-year-old Lazio striker said.

"We enjoyed the game against Brazil, but since the other semi-final our full concentration has been on the game against Argentina.

"The team spirit is fantastic, everyone has done very well in training, giving everything.

"I am full of confidence that we have a fantastic chance of winning."

Klose, who became the all-time leading World Cup goalscorer during the victory over Brazil, backed team-mate Thomas Muller - one goal short of current leader James Rodriguez - to win the Golden Boot for a second successive tournament.

“It would be great for Thomas to get the Golden Boot," he continued.

"But, like he said, he’s already got one."

SIFUgiveDogFuck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pope behind Argentina but Christ the Redeemer shows support for Germany

434859_heroa.jpg

Jul 13, 2014 14:10:00

After a worldwide vote on a social media network, the iconic religious statue was lit up in black, yellow and red on the eve of the World Cup final at the Maracana

The Pope may be an avid Argentina supporter but Christ the Redeemer donned Germany's colours ahead of Sunday's World Cup final in Rio de Janeiro.

The Brazilian city's iconic religious statue was illuminated by red and yellow lighting on the eve of the game at the Maracana, which, combined with an unlit base, created the illusion of an upside down Germany flag.

The stunt was organised by social media network Twitter, which asked people the world over via the hashtag #armswideopen whether they would rather see Christ the Redeemer come out in support of the Albiceleste or Die Mannschaft.

Much to the relief of locals - whose devastation at seeing Brazil fall at the semi-final stage has only been intensified by the progression of fierce rivals Argentina to the tournament decider - Germany edged the competition, by just 565 votes.

Of course, this is not the first time that the World Cup has featured some divine intervention, with the 'Hand of God' having helped Diego Maradona's Argentina to victory in Mexico in 1986.

AngerManagement

Alfrescian
Loyal
My pick:

Germany win in 90min and under 2.5

While others wish u good luck, u can be confident that Die Mannschaft has the abilities to deliver. They play as a collective team with many players that can score and defend well, seen in the Brazil game while Argentina has to rely on Messi. Of course star gazers like jw5 will tell u that this is Messi's world cup. I'd be happy too from a bookies point of view if underdogs win or favorites draw but i believe it's loser sg pools that will be paying u if u win. :biggrin:

If i am manager of a big football club, i will sign Nigel de Jong, the bloke that can effectively stop Messi.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is spotter going to do his super T-rex betting again tonight?

You didn't get anal-fucked by your ladyboy wife tonight huh ? :rolleyes:
Anyways , my T-Rex bet for over 2 3/4 has won me ½ of my desired amount :biggrin:
Patience , while I go TCSS with fellow punters first.
Watch out for this space
:oIo:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Live screening at the new sports stadium. No commentary as its silent so fans will have to shout and yell have face painting too and other bs have seats with security.

196271746e25f3be8cc80515cf58402ca7b25b36.jpg

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zee Germans have made it this far .....
Even Christ the Redeemer is on their side :cool:

Tonight , let zee Germans show Messi , Mascherano and co. what they are capable of :eek:

Nationalelf -¼
Under 2 Medium Bet

Chok dee !