• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm hoping to see the Dutch and the Belgiums facing each other in the semi final. They have long rivalry, the primed vs the golden generations, I expect a high tempo game between them, will be a great match.

Compared to Brazil and Germany, we Dutch have an easier route to the final, let's hope we can win each game without any fluke :biggrin:

I'm expecting at least 3 goals tonight, LOL

GuillermoOchoa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm hoping to see the Dutch and the Belgiums facing each other in the semi final. They have long rivalry, the primed vs the golden generations, I expect a high tempo game between them, will be a great match.

Compared to Brazil and Germany, we Dutch have an easier route to the final, let's hope we can win each game without any fluke :biggrin:

Yeah i like upsets. USA to send overrated, under performed Belgium packing. :biggrin:

Ok score line will be Netherlands 1 - Mexico 2 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Netherlands have conceded total 3 goals after 3 games while i conceded only 1. The pressure is on Oranje to win while we the underdogs are not expected to and have nothing to lose. :biggrin:

If Oranje can't beat Mexico in 90 minutes then heh heh heh... they only have themselves to blame.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah i like upsets. USA to send overrated, under performed Belgium packing. :biggrin:

Netherlands have conceded total 3 goals after 3 games while i conceded only 1. The pressure is on Oranje to win while we the underdogs are not expected to and have nothing to lose. :biggrin:

If Oranje can't beat Mexico in 90 minutes then heh heh heh... they only have themselves to blame.

Yeap, if The Dutch cant score tonight, they deserve to go back, lol

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
guillermo-ochoa.jpg

guillermo-ochoa-2009-10-8-14-41-57.jpg

http://blog.sfgate.com/killion/files/2014/06/Brazil-Soccer-WCup-Mexico.JPEG-07750.jpg[/img
[img]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2014/6/26/1403822945847/Guillermo-Ochoa-of-Mexico-010.jpg
Guillermo+Ochoa+Nigeria+v+Mexico+zEMkKY9WQdjl.jpg

Guillermo Ochoa will be the nightmare for the Dutch!!!!

Leona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mexico can't always depend on their keeper to keep a clean sheet. They need a collective performance to defend well and to score goals.

Belgium last two wins against Russia and South Korea were slim 1-0 margin thanks to their keeper Thibaut Courtois who had a good CL campaign but were unlucky to lose to Real Madrid in the finals. They need to score more goals to get comfortable leads.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that the Group matches have concluded, Chris McFarland of Share Draft has re-run the data simulations to determine who are the teams most likely to win the World Cup.

First, an update regarding how the odds are determined.

Using Elo ratings (ER), an elegant metric for calculating current strength based on weighted recent relative performance, each match’s expected outcome was plugged into a Poisson random number generator. Using weights derived from historical regression analysis and the knowledge that soccer goals per game follow a Poisson distribution, the generator churns out game outcomes. Structuring the matches into the World Cup’s schedule and storing the results for a half million simulations gives us the analysis below.
Here are the teams with the best odds to win the 2014 FIFA World Cup:

1. Brazil 53.90%
2. Argentina 18.10%
3. Germany 8.70%
4. Netherlands 8.60%
5. Colombia 2.90%
6. France 2.31%
7. Mexico 1.40%
.........................................................................................
Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/06/...pletion-of-group-matches/#BL8wgd3VAkQvIPox.99

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that the Group matches have concluded, Chris McFarland of Share Draft has re-run the data simulations to determine who are the teams most likely to win the World Cup.

First, an update regarding how the odds are determined.

Using Elo ratings (ER), an elegant metric for calculating current strength based on weighted recent relative performance, each match’s expected outcome was plugged into a Poisson random number generator. Using weights derived from historical regression analysis and the knowledge that soccer goals per game follow a Poisson distribution, the generator churns out game outcomes. Structuring the matches into the World Cup’s schedule and storing the results for a half million simulations gives us the analysis below.
Here are the teams with the best odds to win the 2014 FIFA World Cup:

1. Brazil 53.90%
2. Argentina 18.10%
3. Germany 8.70%
4. Netherlands 8.60%
5. Colombia 2.90%
6. France 2.31%
7. Mexico 1.40%
.........................................................................................
Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/06/...pletion-of-group-matches/#BL8wgd3VAkQvIPox.99

My gut feelings: Netherlands or Germany will lift the World Cup. haha!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
FORTALEZA, Brazil (AP) -- Mexico coach Miguel Herrera will make one change to his starting lineup to face the Netherlands in the World Cup second round - and says his team is ''ready to make history'' on Sunday.

Versatile midfielder Carlos Salcido will replace suspended Jose Juan Vazquez in Fortaleza, Herrera said on Saturday, while Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez is set to stay keep his role as a second-half substitute.

Herrera believes his side can end Mexico's dismal run of five consecutive failures to reach the quarterfinals at a World Cup, a feat it last achieved in 1986.
''We have a great atmosphere and a great attitude going into this game, and that is key. But we also have to play very well because we are facing a very difficult opponent,'' Herrera said.

''Do we believe this could be Mexico's World Cup? Yes, more than ever. We are very convinced that this time will be different for us, and we are ready to make history.''

Miguel_Herrera_t670x470.jpg

Leona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zLISnSLUn3Y?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Brazil 1 : 1 Chile
Penalty Shootout 3-2

o7pG5jK.jpg

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
RVP fit and raring to terrorise Mexico

Round of 16: Netherlands v Mexico

FORTALEZA – Robin van Persie returns to the Dutch attack to face Mexico in the second round of the World Cup on Sunday while Mexican defender Hector Moreno will lock horns with his former mentor Louis van Gaal.

Van Persie was suspended for the Netherlands’ 2-0 defeat of Chile in their final group match but will be back to partner Arjen Robben in the tournament’s deadliest attacking duo.

The pair scored three each during the group stage as the Dutch romped into the last 16 with three victories and 10 goals, more than any other team at the World Cup.

That rich vein of form makes them favourites against the Mexicans but their previous clashes have been remarkably even.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...rsie-back-dutch-20140629#sthash.iBrYe1wI.dpuf

rh-FBL-WC-2014-NED-TRAINING-29614e.jpg

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
RVP fit and raring to terrorise Mexico

Round of 16: Netherlands v Mexico

FORTALEZA – Robin van Persie returns to the Dutch attack to face Mexico in the second round of the World Cup on Sunday while Mexican defender Hector Moreno will lock horns with his former mentor Louis van Gaal.

Van Persie was suspended for the Netherlands’ 2-0 defeat of Chile in their final group match but will be back to partner Arjen Robben in the tournament’s deadliest attacking duo.

The pair scored three each during the group stage as the Dutch romped into the last 16 with three victories and 10 goals, more than any other team at the World Cup.

That rich vein of form makes them favourites against the Mexicans but their previous clashes have been remarkably even.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...rsie-back-dutch-20140629#sthash.iBrYe1wI.dpuf

rh-FBL-WC-2014-NED-TRAINING-29614e.jpg

Wow! Ochoa better prays harder this time!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm expecting 3 goals from the Dutch, not overall score, LOL :biggrin:

GuillermoOchoa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the time u guys find out how good El Tri are, it will be too late as we will start to kelong when we get more backers. :biggrin: We are darker horses and don't have star players unlike useless Chileans who have two outstanding players plying their trades at Juventus and Barcelona and failed to beat Brazil in 90 minutes, ET and penalty shootout. :biggrin:

Remember this. Netherlands are under pressure to win while we are not. If we can get a draw is already a bonus and achievement for us. :biggrin:

Last edited:

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No draw man I am in top form. Its going to be the Robin and Robben show to make Alamaking happy till he orgas.

By the time u guys find out how good El Tri are, it will be too late as we will start to kelong when we get more backers. :biggrin: We are darker horses and don't have star players unlike useless Chileans who have two outstanding players plying their trades at Juventus and Barcelona and failed to beat Brazil in 90 minutes, ET and penalty shootout. :biggrin:

Remember this. Netherlands are under pressure to win while we are not. If we can get a draw is already a bonus and achievement for us. :biggrin:

GuillermoOchoa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No draw man I am in top form. Its going to be the Robin and Robben show to make Alamaking happy till he orgas.

By the way should Mexico exit from the competition, no shame at all for silencing Brazil, eliminating Croatia and Cameroon. I will pass the baton to a new player in this forum. Guess the nick.