• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Working in Government body after being Bankrupt

hooowl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows if it is possible to work in Government bodies or Government Link Companies after being a bankrupt?

For example: Mindef, Police, DSTA, LTA, HDB, PSA, SMRT, NUH, SGH.... etc

Comments most welcome especially if you have been in the HR department for these bodies.

Hooowl

*Note*
Apologies for the double posting, browser hanged while I submitted the post, wasn't sure if it went through
How do I delete a thread?

Last edited:

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean by "after being bankrupt"?

Are you saying you are discharged bankrupt? Or are you still a bankrupt?

I think it's easier if you are already discharged, although the chances are still slim in joining Gahmen.

hooowl

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your reply...

still bankrupt, haven't discharge... need to make a living in the meantime..

what about after discharge? easier to find work in Gov body?

Leckmichamarsch:

about your post in my duplicate thread - job application need to fill in forms leh, smoke or not on the form is one thing, whether can continue working for $$ is another...

hooowl

Alfrescian
Loyal
job applications sent, interviews carried out, phonecall enquiries made... either politically correct responses or responses indicating they will get back to me... or... no responses at all...

any bankrupts care to share their experiences or anyone from HR depts let "us" in before?

the only way to find out is to call the board or govt link company itself.

just a finger touch.
http://www.gov.sg/government/web/content/govsg/classic/home

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know they have some form of clearance,checking your financial status and your background.

job applications sent, interviews carried out, phonecall enquiries made... either politically correct responses or responses indicating they will get back to me... or... no responses at all...

any bankrupts care to share their experiences or anyone from HR depts let "us" in before?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows if it is possible to work in Government bodies or Government Link Companies after being a bankrupt?

Comments most welcome especially if you have been in the HR department for these bodies.

Hooowl

Please lah. Work in gahmen for what. I would encourage you to work in SME. As long as you have good experience and powderful resume, they don't bother to seek reference. Some even don't need to fill application form. Go straight for the interview, boss happy, you landed a job - no medical, no reference and no bureaucracy. End of the day, it is your performance that counts, and who knows you might become a director based on your credit and not like some silver serpent politics to Po Lan Pah their master.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Government jobs are iron rice bowls and promote balanced work life,private sector needs more ass kissing and more working hours.

Please lah. Work in gahmen for what. I would encourage you to work in SME. As long as you have good experience and powderful resume, they don't bother to seek reference. Some even don't need to fill application form. Go straight for the interview, boss happy, you landed a job - no medical, no reference and no bureaucracy. End of the day, it is your performance that counts, and who knows you might become a director based on your credit and not like some silver serpent politics to Po Lan Pah their master.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hooowl

*Note*
Apologies for the double posting, browser hanged while I submitted the post, wasn't sure if it went through
How do I delete a thread?

depends on what job lor.
if it is sensitive job, then definitely will be difficult, because they will scan your background.

Anyway, the application form will sure ask you.

hooowl

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't tua kang leh, this dream i dare not dream...

Please lah. ...who knows you might become a director based on your credit and .....

simple job can liao... can make ends meet, put food on the table for family - content liao

of course private coys also apply la, thought gov bodies more compassionate in helping own people...

Last edited:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple to overcome la. They have no right not to emply you if you state in your CV upfront :

I used to be corrupt. but if you pay me enough, I will not be corrupt agin. If you need references for the above statement, I have 30 names to give you to re-confirm the statement is true.

Sure fire one. Go for it. Iron rice bowl !!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
They won't hire you in most positions.

Their rationale will be that you will steal their money since you are bankrupt and have nothing to do anyway.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Their rationale will be that you will steal their money since you are bankrupt and have nothing to do anyway.

Not only just bankrupt.

As long as you have a conviction by the court, no matter how small the crime, you WILL NOT be considered, let alone being employed, by the government service.

Talk about yellow ribbon project !

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only just bankrupt.

As long as you have a conviction by the court, no matter how small the crime, you WILL NOT be considered, let alone being employed, by the government service.

Talk about yellow ribbon project !

Haha

TS must be like Vui Kong now

Guilty for your whole life!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha

TS must be like Vui Kong now

Guilty for your whole life!

If I did not remember wrongly, for some convictions, the record will be erased after some years. Then you can declare in the job application that you do not have any convictions after that.

But then, after some years, you will be above 40+ years old, and hence that is when the life sentence to unemployment begins :eek:.

Catch 22 isn't ?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Government jobs are iron rice bowls and promote balanced work life,private sector needs more ass kissing and more working hours.

You better clear your misconception fast.

Garment jobs are NOT iron rice bowl. It is only for those who carry the balls very well and have elite connections.
The latter being the more critcal criteria.

Being a taxi driver is the last shit , last resort job that is left.

They not only have to constantly try to kiss their passenger backside to avoid being complained and the working hours are simply shit deal!
:biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have peers in the force, stat boards and so on. In fact, they are doing better than those in private sector or no more less.
I have worked with statboards as their vendor and I know certainly they are well taken care of.
It's true lots of ass kissing in gov sector also, my friend went for meetings with minister and minister will always call out for my friend's name.friend's father is a Pro PAP.

Taxi driving, like for me relief driver, only drive on weekends, I take back abt $400 for 2 days of driving and in a month I have $1600. The rest of the days I am studying and lurking ard in Sammyboy and other activities. I kanna complaint once by an Indian before, but not my fault, the same old story,indian snakes!No need to hue passengers too much if they are unreasonable.:p:biggrin:

You better clear your misconception fast.

Garment jobs are NOT iron rice bowl. It is only for those who carry the balls very well and have elite connections.
The latter being the more critcal criteria.

Being a taxi driver is the last shit , last resort job that is left.

They not only have to constantly try to kiss their passenger backside to avoid being complained and the working hours are simply shit deal!
:biggrin:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many second chance you get from SG garment ? To put you side by side with a non bankrupt candidate, you pick which one huh ? To me , very HARD lah but if you do get in please keep us posted, but then again, maybe garment will track what nonsense you post here, so got to be careful . Actually many wanted to know why work for 'garment' huh ? Maybe got some post like xxxxx without portfolio.
A Minister without Portfolio is either a government minister with no specific responsibilities....sound like a right fit for that post, but damn, already filled by Ah lim .:biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have peers in the force, stat boards and so on. In fact, they are doing better than those in private sector or no more less.
I have worked with statboards as their vendor and I know certainly they are well taken care of.
It's true lots of ass kissing in gov sector also, my friend went for meetings with minister and minister will always call out for my friend's name.friend's father is a Pro PAP.

Taxi driving, like for me relief driver, only drive on weekends, I take back abt $400 for 2 days of driving and in a month I have $1600. The rest of the days I am studying and lurking ard in Sammyboy and other activities. I kanna complaint once by an Indian before, but not my fault, the same old story,indian snakes!No need to hue passengers too much if they are unreasonable.:p:biggrin:

KNN, getting only $1600, now in Peesai land?

Those silver servants even low, low chow technician carry balls for 10 years straight and without any Elite connections draw almost $5k gross per month!

But those who are not cunning, shrewd in the silver service and are straight and honest worker, got to leave on their own or get 'fired' from silver service!

But getting only $1600 on your 'I'm my own boss' type of job till now and hope to be this and that later, sure die one also!

So eithier way, you sure die poor in Sinkland!:biggrin:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
They not only have to constantly try to kiss their passenger backside to avoid being complained and the working hours are simply shit deal!:biggrin:

But when I note the arrogance present in some of them, these fucked-up problematic chink swines in question don't seem like they are born to serve and ass-kiss their passengers to survive.

They look like born leaders!

Probably other passengers after me have actually put them in their place.