• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woodlands residents want new water tank. Oh dear...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The proposed $10 compensation is what irks me no end. Any poor will tell you that the town councils has no qualms about topping up overdue bills by a hefty amount for lawyer's fees. Owing the town councils 5 months of say $400 will end up paying more than $600. PUB will have no hesitation to go to your home and cut supply if the bills are long overdue. This my bros are the lot of those who for reasons have no money as they need all to eat and live which is far more important than estate cleanliness and utilities. I do agree however that bills should be paid but added to the bills are GST and pink notice slips which compounds the problems of the poor.

Man On The Street

Alfrescian
Loyal
The proposed $10 compensation is what irks me no end. Any poor will tell you that the town councils has no qualms about topping up overdue bills by a hefty amount for lawyer's fees. Owing the town councils 5 months of say $400 will end up paying more than $600. PUB will have no hesitation to go to your home and cut supply if the bills are long overdue. This my bros are the lot of those who for reasons have no money as they need all to eat and live which is far more important than estate cleanliness and utilities. I do agree however that bills should be paid but added to the bills are GST and pink notice slips which compounds the problems of the poor.

They are damn lucky this isn't the States. The lawyers there in this case will have a field day and they will sue till Vikram's pants drop.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng would have demanded that all the residents be given a brand new block of flats fully furnished - FREE of charge! - for compensation.:mad:
lucky never happened in my block.:biggrin:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
"But obviously, there's never enough security; you can always put in more at higher cost so the question is, at what point do you say it's enough?"
Although Mr Nair said he sensed that money was often not the issue, he said residents could approach him or the Town Council to reimburse medical bills for any related illnesses.
A S$10 utilities rebate is also offered as compensation for the authorities' request for residents to run their taps for five minutes before initial use.
Resident Samantha Guo said they have gathered more than 61 signatures from residents, and they may be filing a petition.
"There are people who're affected by this -- (we) can't sleep, (we) don't drink (water from our tap, and we) go to (our) parents' place to shower," she said, adding that she would be satisfied if the affected tank was replaced.
Resident Eric Khoo said: "There's some sincerity from the MP to help us with some clarification. But overall, there're still a lot of unanswered questions and a lot more queries among the residents".

This incident shows what this bunch of MPs are made of. Mr Nair questions to what extent is security enough. But when he mooted the idea that residents could claim for re-imbursement for related illnesses, does he know what are the various illnesses that could be the result of consuming water contaminated from rotting bodies? He cannot put himself in the shoes of the people because he is not the one affected by it. This is a pychological suffering the residents have to put through when they know the tank up there is still the one which contained the rotting body water they had consumed before. The MP heard the poeple but they are not listening with their hearts.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
0507_A13.jpg

Dear resident of Woodland, Yes I heard your cry, I heard about the incompetent Town Council, Ok next Question....

Last edited:

Jchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Residents would feel insulted by $10 discount. They do not want money. Yet this is so typical of man of authority like the TC Manager...don't they realise money cannot solve all problems. Rightly, residents wants TC Manager to take responsibility and resign (for not informing residents early enough about the facts), much like the issue of WKS and Mat escape case. This is so gruesome ... residents cannot sleep soundly and rightfully, they are angry for the way the TC Manager handle this affair.

BTW, TC Manager may not be a civil servant but certainly act like one.......perhaps, it is time for all TC Managers to declare in whose interests do they act for: the PAP MP (as their 'masters' in a sense that they are beholden to them for their appointment as TC Manager) or the residents they serve.

Jchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what the town council did to rectify? Disinfect the tank with chemicals? In their own economic analysis, they would do this, would't they.

But i say the better way is to change the whole tank........spend some money but at least, put residents minds at ease.

Yuhs so gruesome.......like the 'mutton curry' stall murder many years ago....imagine eating 'curry mutton' consist of human parts. Yuhs. This is too much what these 'bloody' foreigners are doing to our beautiful country.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to avoid that block of flats in future. Will not be keen to attend any house warming, baby shower, new year visits etc.... Let alone buying a flat in that vicinity.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Residents would feel insulted by $10 discount. They do not want money. Yet this is so typical of man of authority like the TC Manager...don't they realise money cannot solve all problems. Rightly, residents wants TC Manager to take responsibility and resign (for not informing residents early enough about the facts), much like the issue of WKS and Mat escape case. This is so gruesome ... residents cannot sleep soundly and rightfully, they are angry for the way the TC Manager handle this affair.

BTW, TC Manager may not be a civil servant but certainly act like one.......perhaps, it is time for all TC Managers to declare in whose interests do they act for: the PAP MP (as their 'masters' in a sense that they are beholden to them for their appointment as TC Manager) or the residents they serve.

its not money cannot solve problem ..its not enough money that cannot solve problem :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Does anyone know the exact address? I want to avoid that block of flats in future. Will not be keen to attend any house warming, baby shower, new year visits etc.... Let alone buying a flat in that vicinity.

buy the flat in low price after few years sell to FT high price ..nobody will remember anything not even singaporean ..:wink: ..that place is a money making buliding ...

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what the town council did to rectify? Disinfect the tank with chemicals? In their own economic analysis, they would do this, would't they.

But i say the better way is to change the whole tank........spend some money but at least, put residents minds at ease.

Yuhs so gruesome.......like the 'mutton curry' stall murder many years ago....imagine eating 'curry mutton' consist of human parts. Yuhs. This is too much what these 'bloody' foreigners are doing to our beautiful country.

The residents should also asked for all the pipings and culverts to be relaid since the contaminated particles would have passed through all these conduits, including strands of her hair.

This will teach the Town Council a lesson for withholding information until it's too late, just like it took WKS 3 hours to announce to Singapore to look out for the limping man.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
How long was the corpse inside the water tank? :confused:

If they found the body floating I think probably less than 24 hours but if it's a decomposed body then it's probably days. Generally a fresh dead body, someone who'd just died floats for sometime before it sinks. It then floats again when decomposition kicks in.

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
same story as mas selamat
same excuses as mas selamat
same honest mistakes as mas selamat
same probes as mas selamat
same remedy action as mas selamat
...... in d end d EM maanger still collection his pay ..... happillee

The residents should also asked for all the pipings and culverts to be relaid since the contaminated particles would have passed through all these conduits, including strands of her hair.

This will teach the Town Council a lesson for withholding information until it's too late, just like it took WKS 3 hours to announce to Singapore to look out for the limping man.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. But I didn't seem to recall reading any info in the news reports regarding the length of time between the murder and finding the body in the water tank. Was it about 3 to 4 hours? Anyone can fill in on this?:smile:

Anyway, the total surface area of the affected subsidary pipes in each unit is many times more than that of the water tank.

If they found the body floating I think probably less than 24 hours but if it's a decomposed body then it's probably days. Generally a fresh dead body, someone who'd just died floats for sometime before it sinks. It then floats again when decomposition kicks in.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks. But I didn't seem to recall reading any info in the news reports regarding the length of time between the murder and finding the body in the water tank. Was it about 3 to 4 hours? Anyone can fill in on this?:smile:

Anyway, the total surface area of the affected subsidary pipes in each unit is many times more than that of the water tank.

I read it that they were informed about the corpse at 10 am. They stopped the flow at about 3 pm but did not tell residents the reasons until 5 pm. There were still residual water in the pipe lines.

Jchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
These residents should be quarantined. Max assistance should be given to them. They are now cannibals, having drank contaminated water. The MP drank the water too?

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
These residents should be quarantined. Max assistance should be given to them. They are now cannibals, having drank contaminated water. The MP drank the water too?
Aiyoh they're probably more healthy due to the suspected added protein in the water...

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be interesting for the residents during the 7th month period... No need to go movies to watch horror show. Stay at home and experience dark water for real.

[video=youtube;UfuC69bsaj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfuC69bsaj4&feature=related[/video]

Last edited: