• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Women status defines by the handbag they carry, men is watches?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've encountered a prc couple who opened a usd60 bottle of bordeaux only to mix it with a usd0.60 bottle of coke. reason: they like it fizzy and sweet. what they wear: woman fluants an lv bag, man wears a relax, oops i mean, rolex.

Its ALL bullsh!t. I know of alot of high class cr@p who thinks they know what a good wine is and can tell a difference BUT it is all a farce. even sommeliers were foxed repeatedly.
http://www.slashfood.com/2011/04/15/blind-tasters-cant-tell-cheap-wines-from-expensive/
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=76604
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments
I know of a very rich multi millionaire who like to wear his fake gold Rolex for fun and alot of people would comment on how nice looking it is(he told me himself). he like to go to restaurants in shorts and T shirts and observe how he is treated(in contrast to high glamour parties where he wears tuxedoes). this is to put things in his life in perspective , as he says. alot of people perception is based on who you are in first place. If you are a rubbish collector, no amount of jewellery would look good on you. On the other hand you can wear cheap clothing so long as it fits and not gaudy, and alot of people at high class parties would suck up to you and comment how nice it is.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have been wearing the same cheap watch for the last 15 years. :o

That's why you don't command respect. Get yourself a proper watch and you'll see the difference immediately.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the successful man don't nid a watch...his secretary reminds him of his appointment amongst other responsibilities

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
the successful man don't nid a watch...his secretary reminds him of his appointment amongst other responsibilities

A succesful man needs a watch to tell him the time to get home to have dinner with the family after getting a blowie from the mistress. As usual one needs swiss precision watches.

eKiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
IWC watches are not bad. can consider one time piece for yourself, you will look better than your avatar.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've encountered a prc couple who opened a usd60 bottle of bordeaux only to mix it with a usd0.60 bottle of coke. reason: they like it fizzy and sweet. what they wear: woman fluants an lv bag, man wears a relax, oops i mean, rolex.

if she carried a birkin and he wore an AP, people would compliment them on their eccentric taste in wine.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
succesful man needs a watch get... home to have dinner with the family after getting a blowie from the mistress. As usual one needs swiss precision watches.
Also, with kinetic types to boot. Don't need to come with battery:p

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cham! I don't wear a watch and my wife never seen her carry a handbag b4. Die my wife n I must be dead broke :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
IWC is good but most of them have pretty large dials so looks good one guys/gals with larger arms or build.
Watches though are not what makes a man, his character is the one that defines him.
You may attract people but you may draw the wrong crowd in the end, if people know
you are rich, even a cheap $5 belt you buy will be looked at differently.

Many of my friends related the times when they wore an expensive watch to a party, not a single person
recognised it. Yet when they were outside, more than a few paid attention and some are attention one
could definitely do without.

Last edited: