• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman died from eating food picked from rubbish bins :(

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://utopia8787.blogspot.com/2009/07/poverty-in-first-world-singapore.html

"woman died from eating food picked from rubbish bins"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Omgt9QDbcNY/SlDazv-Km0I/AAAAAAAAADo/nMpgNEQshII/s1600/scan0001.jpg

no wonder our PAP leaders claim poverty is eradicated:
even food from rubbish dumps are fit for eating

poor people what poor people? we have the highest home ownership percentage, highest saving at 33%(CPF) and our HDB properties are one of the most expensive in the world! therefore, we concur that all Singaporeans are rich.

poor?
no way! our PAP leader NTUC chief Lim Swee Say says that he feels rich every month he sees his CPF statements(even though CPF send statements once every year, maybe special case for him lah hahaha)!

“Every month, when I receive my CPF statement, I feel so rich and the best part is, I know the CPF money won’t run away. CPF will still be around for a long, long time to come… Not only is it earning good interest, my capital is protected.”~PAP minister Lim Swee Say

our leaders say that there are only lazy Singaporeans who think that the government owe them a living.

underpaid or retrenched because of cheap foreign labour?
no lah, this is meritocracy. you must always be ready to compete in this world.

forage and scavenge for recyclable items in the rubbish bins then. most of our elderly and unemployed are doing that anyway.

this is first world Singapore, thank you very much PAP.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can translate? Who is this woman?
Where does she stay?

Many months ago, I saw a woman, who looks normal to me in
dressing (t-shirt and pants) scavenging a shopping centre
bin and found unfinished thrown-away food in stylofoam box.

She proceeded to eat. I was totally shocked. I could not sleep
for one whole week thinking of it. I wanted to stop her but
I am not sure if she is mentally unsound or not since she looked
alright physically to me (her dressing is clean but simple).

I have also seen old men drinking off left-over coffee cups at
the food courts.

It is quite unnerving to see this things in Singapore.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the SCUMS are still wondering why so many are FUCKING them so openly nowadays?

FUCk them again and VOTE THEM OUT .:oIo::oIo:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can translate? Who is this woman?
Where does she stay?

Many months ago, I saw a woman, who looks normal to me in
dressing (t-shirt and pants) scavenging a shopping centre
bin and found unfinished thrown-away food in stylofoam box.

She proceeded to eat. I was totally shocked. I could not sleep
for one whole week thinking of it. I wanted to stop her but
I am not sure if she is mentally unsound or not since she looked
alright physically to me (her dressing is clean but simple).

I have also seen old men drinking off left-over coffee cups at
the food courts.

It is quite unnerving to see this things in Singapore.

Those you mentioned were most likely 'tourists' from neighbouring 3rd world countries. In leeapore, even the weather is fine.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont blame the company the people dont care or cant be bothered if the people do care, they will not be there.....blame the 66.66% ..her death is the fault of the 66.666%

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont blame the company the people dont care or cant be bothered if the people do care, they will not be there.....blame the 66.66% ..her death is the fault of the 66.666%

There are just too many of such poor people. I have seen mysely numerous times in hawker centers and fast food chains.

CAN SOMEONE MAKE A VIDEO OF SUCH PEOPLE SCAVENGING FOR FOOD; NOT TO SHAME THEM BUT TO SHAME THE SCUMS AND HIGHLIGHT TO ALL AT LARGE THAT SUCH A PROBLEM EXISTS IN SINGAPORE; A SUPPOSEDLY 1ST WORLD AND WORLD CLASS CITY.

MIND YOU NOT 1/2/3 BUT I HAVE SEEN MANY

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are just too many of such poor people. I have seen mysely numerous times in hawker centers and fast food chains.

CAN SOMEONE MAKE A VIDEO OF SUCH PEOPLE SCAVENGING FOR FOOD; NOT TO SHAME THEM BUT TO SHAME THE SCUMS AND HIGHLIGHT TO ALL AT LARGE THAT SUCH A PROBLEM EXISTS IN SINGAPORE; A SUPPOSEDLY 1ST WORLD AND WORLD CLASS CITY.

MIND YOU NOT 1/2/3 BUT I HAVE SEEN MANY

Video of people scavanging for food, you can those RC or MEMBERS organized food events...YOU CAN SEE A LOT OF THEM SCAVANGING FOR FOOD at the buffet table...

Where you have, poor, unfed people in SINgapore!!:biggrin:

R

redlightmeansgo

We should drag the scums by the scruff of their thick necks to places like Chin Swee Road, Bukit Merah, even Toa Payoh and Tanjong Pagar, to show them how there are real human beings who are living in abject poverty, not figments of our fucking Singaporean imagination.

My friend who visited me with his family from Europe saw what they thought was an affront when an old lady came over to our table and cleaned after customers at a hawker centre. His mother wanted to lodge a report with Amnesty International, but I told her to laugh it off.

So much for being a first world country :oIo:

jw5

Loyal
The best way to deal with this problem is to vote some of them out and explain the reason afterwards.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to deal with this problem is to vote some of them out and explain the reason afterwards.

some of them is not enough...minimum 40%..if best all of them...they can still increase the number of mps and ministers and when it comes to voting 40% opposition will still lose out....policies will just be implemented with or without the 40% opposition....

jw5

Loyal
some of them is not enough...minimum 40%..if best all of them...they can still increase the number of mps and ministers and when it comes to voting 40% opposition will still lose out....policies will just be implemented with or without the 40% opposition....
I think 40% is enough for a start.
The point is to make them think twice as individuals, not whether they have the power to push through policies or not.
If you vote 40% of their comrades out, the other 60% will think twice before pushing through policies that benefit the elites and foreigners, instead of the ordinary singaporean voter.
At the moment, they can afford to be high handed and arrogant, because they think that at most, 1 or 2 of them will lose elections, to people like Low and Chiam.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should drag the scums by the scruff of their thick necks to places like Chin Swee Road, Bukit Merah, even Toa Payoh and Tanjong Pagar, to show them how there are real human beings who are living in abject poverty, not figments of our fucking Singaporean imagination.

My friend who visited me with his family from Europe saw what they thought was an affront when an old lady came over to our table and cleaned after customers at a hawker centre. His mother wanted to lodge a report with Amnesty International, but I told her to laugh it off.

So much for being a first world country :oIo:

AGREE WITH YOU 100%.

COMMENTS FROM OTHER FORUMS BELOW

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"><td class="msgF" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" width="1%"> </td><td class="msgFname" nowrap="nowrap" width="68%">torch_bearer <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" width="30%">5:49 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" height="20" width="1%">To: </td><td class="msgTname" nowrap="nowrap" width="68%">kojakbt_89 <nobr></nobr></td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (4 of 6) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">30292.4 in reply to 30292.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr align="left"><td class="msgtxt"><<52 year old unemployed Singaporean woman died from eating rotten food >>
images

Chupcheng bastard:"Nobody will go hungry ... (there's always the garbage can) "
Chupcheng bastard:"How much do you want? 3 meals in a food court, hawker centre or restaurant ... or garbage can ?"
Chupcheng bastard:"The system is set up with a certain amount of tension, and it is a healthy tension."
</td></tr> <tr align="left"><td> </td></tr> </tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="msgopt" nowrap="nowrap" width="24%"> Options</td><td class="msgrde" align="center" nowrap="nowrap" width="50%"> Reply</td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" width="25%">
</td></tr></tbody></table>​

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once I was at the road crossing just outside City Hall MRT.

There was this disheveled man who walked up to the dustbin located just under the traffic lights. I thought he was looking for empty drink cans as scrap metal.

But no, he was looking for food.

He stuck his hand into the dustbin, and grabbed a burger out.

The burger was still whole and complete; with wrapping paper intact and wrapped up nicely still.

The man then proceeded to take a bite off the burger. It was almost as if he knew the burger was inside the trash can.

I laughed out loud when I saw the man eat the burger. Mind you, I wasn't laughing at his sorry state. It was the fluid motion with which he stuck his hand into the garbage bin and pulled out the intact burger that was so randomly funny. All this happened in less than 10 seconds or so. It was as if he knew the burger was in the trash can waiting for him.

jw5

Loyal
Once I was at the road crossing just outside City Hall MRT.

There was this disheveled man who walked up to the dustbin located just under the traffic lights. I thought he was looking for empty drink cans as scrap metal.

But no, he was looking for food.

He stuck his hand into the dustbin, and grabbed a burger out.

The burger was still whole and complete; with wrapping paper intact and wrapped up nicely still.

The man then proceeded to take a bite off the burger. It was almost as if he knew the burger was inside the trash can.

I laughed out loud when I saw the man eat the burger. Mind you, I wasn't laughing at his sorry state. It was the fluid motion with which he stuck his hand into the garbage bin and pulled out the intact burger that was so randomly funny. All this happened in less than 10 seconds or so. It was as if he knew the burger was in the trash can waiting for him.
Perhaps he was the one who threw away the burger by mistake and wanted to get it back? :smile:

City hall MRT is very near to parliament house, next time, ask him to go there and ask the rich people there for donations.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are just too many of such poor people. I have seen mysely numerous times in hawker centers and fast food chains.....CAN SOMEONE MAKE A VIDEO OF SUCH PEOPLE SCAVENGING FOR FOOD....

Forummers here appeared famished for a video of people scavenging for food.

There is one shocking video here, Singaporeans scavenging for food. You dont' need to sneak around dustbins or MRT stations all round Singapore to film a video of poor people scavening for food. The food is free and piping hot. You are welcomed to join the queue - plates, spoons and servettes provided.

Rather than placing your misguided sympathies and salivating at every opportunity to wallop the gahment, forummers here should be more civic-minded and start a donation drive to "abolish poverty and hunger" in Singapore. This is one of the United Nation Millennium Development Goals.

John Tan may want to have the honour to be the organising chairman for this charity drive here? Let us call it "Campaign to Abolish Hunger " in Singapore - "CAsH" in short. Your boss don't have to go on "hunger strike" anymore.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BygOYrP722Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BygOYrP722Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

S

Sima Yi

forummers here should be more civic-minded and start a donation drive to "abolish poverty and hunger" in Singapore. This is one of the United Nation Millennium Development Goals.

Donation? Let's start with you then. As if the endless charity tv programmes by mediacorpse is not enough. It is a joke in sinkiepore to pay a tv license fee to watch ads infested shit programmes.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Donation? Let's start with you then. As if the endless charity tv programmes by mediacorpse is not enough. It is a joke in sinkiepore to pay a tv license fee to watch ads infested shit programmes.

AGREE 100%.

The SCUMS should stop trying to PASS THE BUCK.

Where is the REAL help for the poor and elderly? The elderly helped to build Singapore to what it is today. Now they are abadoned.

Help given is in the form of a law to sue their children for money.