• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Without us, China will not be able to manufacture needles nor rockets.

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sayeth Zaida.

Did you know that without Singapore, China would not be able to manufacture things like needles or rockets? This is true, according to an article by one Alfatih Ziada, chastising the Sudanese government for un-creative economic thinking.

“The current rise of China is due to the industrial city built by Singapore in China. The said city allows China to manufacture everything from the needle to the rocket.” – Ziada, 2013

Dated on 26th September this year, the writer claims to have translated Lee Kuan Yew’s Story of Singapore from English to Arabic, and I reproduce the article in full here for your enjoyment.

http://news.sudanvisiondaily.com/article.html?rsnpaid=970

Alfatih Ziada
Email: [email protected]
Focus:Losing the Compass

Date: 26/09/2013

An Arab investor forwarded his feasibility study to the Greek authorities to construct a five star resort in a Greek island. Asking for the price of the land plot he was astonished to know that it is free of charge, moreover it was equipped with all-weather road, electricity, water pipes and telephone lines. Not amazing for creative people , the authorities expressed their readiness to grant the investor a 50% loan of the resort cost to accelerate its construction. Not only that, but the loan shall become non-refundable if the Greek manpower in the resort reaches a certain level.

Mr. Minister of finance where are you and your subordinates from such creative economic thinking? If my grandmother who never went to school can cause a hike in fuel prices to fetch proceedings, what shall we do with PHD degree holders in the ministry of finance including yourself? The hike in fuel prices (a policy that left me agape) is just a sedative and not a panacea. By increasing fuel prices you are dealing with the symptoms while the real disease goes undiagnosed. Everyone is aware of the Law of Unintended Consequences. Economics teaches that for every government action to solve an economic problem, others are created.

Mr. Minister of finance, if you cannot be the right pilot to steer our economic vessel in the upper seas why don’t you resign? Please don’t tell me that this is a government policy that you are implementing, because the question posing itself is: have you ever presented a genuine feasible policy to reform our economy? The answer is a big NO, simply because you are not the man for the job .And the case as such, I suggest that you and your subordinates contact Dr Ghandour of the federation of workers trade union to employ all of you in the pastoral sector as literate shepherds to look after the Sudanese herd.

Mr. Minister please read the Story of Singapore by Mr. Lee Kuan Yew (ex-prime minister of Singapore) to learn how true statesmen run their economy steering it to the shores of prosperity and welfare (If you like, I am prepared to send you a copy of the said book that I translated from English to Arabic).The current rise of China is due to the industrial city built by Singapore in China. The said city allows China to manufacture everything from the needle to the rocket. Mr. Lee Kuan Yew is still alive and can help us a lot if you are really interested in building a strong prosperous Sudan.

Mr. Minister, although I am the oldest man in the Islamic Movement (since 1957), yet I won’t say that the Islamic Movement is limited to NCP or PCP. When I joined the Islamic Movement I was (and still am) dreaming of righteous governance reminiscent of Khalifa Omer Ibn AbdelAzziz when they found no one worthy of Zakat. My last question is: are you one of the true statesmen who can realize, materialize and achieve such a dream? Mr. Minister your lame economic policy is behind the downtrodden being more downtrodden than ever. How can I put into words that you could ever possibly understand what it’s like to remain handcuffed while one’s children cannot find two meals per day? It is heartbreaking, to say the least, yet we remain helpless to do anything about it. Is there any way that you can find it within your heart to understand this?

I just have a few questions after reading this with my mouth open from the fourth paragraph on.

• Did the Story of Singapore really gave the impression China’s rise was because of Singapore?
  • If it did not, how did Mr Ziada get the impression that was the case?
  • Does it mean the book – which was written by our Minister Mentor himself apparently – had less thangreat clarity on important issues like the rise of China?
  • If one crackpot Sudanese can interpret it this way, could it be that 0.01% (assuming one in 10,000 are mental issues) of China’s population interpret it the same way too?
  • Can he really help Sudan? A lot?
  • Can I really summon the mental fortitude to read through the Story of Singapore?

http://www.sgpolcom.com/2013/09/27/thank-you-singapore-xoxo-china/