• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will WP send a candidate to Bukit Batok ?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Workers Party will not send a suicidal candidate to Bt. Batok , that's for sure :biggrin:
Dr. Chee is rubbing his hands anticipating to pop Bt. Batok's cherry just like Sitoh did to Potong Pasir :eek:
Again , any bookies opening odds for this by election ? :p

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Workers Party will not send a suicidal candidate to Bt. Batok , that's for sure :biggrin:
Dr. Chee is rubbing his hands anticipating to pop Bt. Batok's cherry just like Sitoh did to Potong Pasir :eek:
Again , any bookies opening odds for this by election ? :p

too early to open plate. btw, i kena blue black by the gunners tonight. u?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tend to agree with your previous take that Dr Tambyah, compared to Dr Chee, is more likely to endear himself with B.Batok residents.

yes. no past baggage. but unlikely to win. hope to be proven wrong. tambyah should be able to secure 45%. doesnt matter if 2 or 3 cornered fight.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes. no past baggage. but unlikely to win. hope to be proven wrong. tambyah should be able to secure 45%. doesnt matter if 2 or 3 cornered fight.

A very important voice on healthcare policies in Singapore, and more than qualified to be the Health Minister.

Singaporeans will be stupid not to put him in Parliament.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very important voice on healthcare policies in Singapore, and more than qualified to be the Health Minister.

Singaporeans will be stupid not to put him in Parliament.

agree. doctor friends of mine spoke highly of tambyah. and some are pap supporters!

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know but it is a good chance to make other opposition parties to lose deposits.

Pappy doggies wanting the oppos to contest this BE? Why would they when they would be losing their deposits? Even the WP know they can't win in a fight with the SDP vs PAP contest.

WP know they are losing credibility big time from the last GE. Why spoil for another fight and get humiliated again? They do respect the SDP.

Only PAP planted independent Semi will be the one to lose his deposit again.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SMC is too strong a PAP stronghold for any form of success or even to get a decent % of votes. David Ong was also noted for his hands on approach to handling residents and grassroots matters. There is also little or no ground work done by the Opposition including the SDP which contested it in the last elections. I am sure Chee is not going to contest it himself but will likely use it as platform. Probably their new Chairman Wong Souk Yee who was detained as part of the Marxist Conspiracy will contest it as it likely get international attention.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is only average looking.
Nothing spectacular, not her face, not her eyes?

Yes. A little plain. Would have overlooked her in my younger days. You reckon she is keen on older men? Certainly is the right age for birthing, also very presentable for occasions don't you think?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. A little plain. Would have overlooked her in my younger days. You reckon she is keen on older men? Certainly is the right age for birthing, also very presentable for occasions don't you think?

With respect, she is not physically attractive.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think WP will contest and they shouldn't, just like SDP didn't contest the Punggol East by-election.

I hope SDP send Dr Paul Tambyah to contest this by-election.

This by-election should rightfully go to SDP alone for a straight fight, hope the other opposition parties stay out.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is only average looking.
Nothing spectacular, not her face, not her eyes?

It's not uncommon when asked if a person is beautiful, the respondent will look through his personal preference rather than the objective concept of beauty. In other words, the question of "who you think is beautiful" is answered with "who I like".

In this example, the fact that she has a law degree from a prestigious university (that many sinkie snobs hanker after) plays a very important part, not forgetting that she, too, is from the opposition camp. If she was just an ordinary NUS grad and hailed from the much disliked PAP Youth Wing, the same face and physique would have warranted a different accolade. In fact, I'm pretty sure she would have been the object of abuse - a very intensive one too - in this forum.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not uncommon when asked if a person is beautiful, the respondent will look through his personal preference rather than the objective concept of beauty. In other words, the question of "who you think is beautiful" is answered with "who I like".

In this example, the fact that she has a law degree from a prestigious university (that many sinkie snobs hanker after) plays a very important part, not forgetting that she, too, is from the opposition camp. If she was just an ordinary NUS grad and hailed from the much disliked PAP Youth Wing, the same face and physique would have warranted a different accolade. In fact, I'm pretty sure she would have been the object of abuse - a very intensive one too - in this forum.

No problem sir. I am a beautiful PAP supporter posting in forum for several years, very few abuse me openly in this forum. You must be imagining things. :cool:

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SMC is too strong a PAP stronghold for any form of success or even to get a decent % of votes. David Ong was also noted for his hands on approach to handling residents and grassroots matters. There is also little or no ground work done by the Opposition including the SDP which contested it in the last elections. I am sure Chee is not going to contest it himself but will likely use it as platform. Probably their new Chairman Wong Souk Yee who was detained as part of the Marxist Conspiracy will contest it as it likely get international attention.

Didn't notice you were back. Welcome back.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Souk Yee is history! If SDP has any brains, Tambyah has to be their best bet.