• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will we be Screwed in this Election

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's see how creative I can with guess PAP's dirty tricks for this coming elections:

1) All parties must file papers via registered legal counsel to prevent documentation "misunderstandings" that consumed so much precious rallying time in the previous elections.

Of course the "registered" lawyers will be PAP-friendly and you can be sure of procedural faux pas asunder when they file opposition papers. Only a few "agreeable" PAP oppositions will somehow have their nomination papers filed.

2) All rallies must be scripted and said script to be vetted and approved by a "neutral" presidential committee, to prevent "ad-lib oration that can potentially lead to seditious remarks contrary to the Constitution."

Oppos can be assured that their thoughts be neutered, and anything to the contrary can be used as a money generator for the FamiLEE.

3) Electronic voting booths. So convoluted in its operation, leaflets prior to polling day are given out to painstakingly explaining the process. Members of public are also advised that friendly officials will be present to assist.

Naturally, ISD trained officers will be at hand as "friendly polling station officers", helping the frail, elderly, gullible and illiterate members of public navigate to the PAP option and advising them to press THAT button on the screen to advance to the next step.

4) Polling slips will be mailed to all citizens eligible to vote. Polling slips will contain RFID tags which will facilitate the registration process of the electorate in polling stations. Entire process is electronic, member of public need only to walk past gantries step up in polling stations with their polling slips and scan NRIC prior to voting. Polling slips must be returned at polling stations.

HAHAHA...PAP will have a "live" telecast of their polling numbers and this will be the best method to scare the public into voting PAP.

That's all I can see in my crystal ball for now...

Will we be screwed again when we elect PAP this coming election?

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
definitely

Nothing is definite...

5 years of mass importation of FTs, and Singaporean Citizens suffering the consequence.

within 5 years, HDB pricing increasing more than 40% in pricing.

Education Pricing Increasing...

Job wages reducing due to over-supply of low valued labourers...

Government Agencies Failed Investments in the tune of Billions... and climbing...

Non differentiation of Singaporean Citizens versus PR

The list goes on...

66% will start to understand, and wake up... we just need another 17% coming from the 66% to have a 51%... no need landslide victory... we need a real voice to represent the people...

not some RICH politicians... and I'll respect further if the new ruling party could abolish the expensive minister's pay scale, and replace it with a fairer scheme.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing is definite...

5 years of mass importation of FTs, and Singaporean Citizens suffering the consequence.

within 5 years, HDB pricing increasing more than 40% in pricing.

Education Pricing Increasing...

Job wages reducing due to over-supply of low valued labourers...

Government Agencies Failed Investments in the tune of Billions... and climbing...

Non differentiation of Singaporean Citizens versus PR

You have just elaborated why it is definitely.

sampierre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing is definite...

66% will start to understand, and wake up... we just need another 17% coming from the 66% to have a 51%... no need landslide victory... we need a real voice to represent the people...

not some RICH politicians... and I'll respect further if the new ruling party could abolish the expensive minister's pay scale, and replace it with a fairer scheme.

Friend,

I can think of 2 good reasons wht the PAP would be swept back to overwhelming power again :

1) MAJORITY OF SINKIES HAVE NO GUTS TO VOTE AGAINST THE PAP NO MATTER HOW BAD THE POLITICAL SITUATION MAY BE. PAPAYA MINISTERS WILL JUST SIMPLY SAY THEY HAVE TO SHOW TOUGH LOVE TO SINKIES, AND SINKIES WILL HAPPILY VOTE FOR THEM.

2) OUR OPPOSTION PARTIES ARE NOT MAKING SERIOUS PREPARATIONS ON THE GROUND LEVEL ; THEY ARE CONTENTED WITH GOING TO THE MRT STATIONS AND SOME COFFEE SHOPS TO DISTRIBUTE PARTY PAMPLETS.
WORSE, OPPOSTION CANDIDATES HAVE OPENLY DECLARED THEY WOULD ACCEPT NCMP SEATS EVEN BEFORE THE ELECTORAL BATTLES ARE FOUGHT.

BASED ON THE PATHETIC STATE AND THE "NCMP MENTALITY' OF OUR OPPOSITION, MY PREDICTION FOR THE UPCOMING GE RESULTS IS PAP TO SWEEP ALL PARLIAMENTARY SEATS EXCEPT HOUGANG. THE 9 BEST LOSERS ARE AS FOLLOWS :

1) MRS CHIAM (if she contests in Potong Pasir)
2) KENNETH JEYARETNAM
3) SYLVIA LIM
4) STEVE CHIA
5) GOH MENG SENG AND HIS 4 NSP COLLEAGUES IN TAMPINES

S

sodoMee

BASED ON THE PATHETIC STATE AND THE "NCMP MENTALITY' OF OUR OPPOSITION, MY PREDICTION FOR THE UPCOMING GE RESULTS IS PAP TO SWEEP ALL PARLIAMENTARY SEATS EXCEPT HOUGANG.

you are joking right?

PAP is more enthusiastic about the idea of NCMP than oppositions!

why? paper tigers have no voting rights mah...so they can easily cruise their bill amendments whenever they feel like it! :biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can think of 2 good reasons wht the PAP would be swept back to overwhelming power again :

1) MAJORITY OF SINKIES HAVE NO GUTS TO VOTE AGAINST THE PAP NO MATTER HOW BAD THE POLITICAL SITUATION MAY BE. PAPAYA MINISTERS WILL JUST SIMPLY SAY THEY HAVE TO SHOW TOUGH LOVE TO SINKIES, AND SINKIES WILL HAPPILY VOTE FOR THEM.

2) OUR OPPOSTION PARTIES ARE NOT MAKING SERIOUS PREPARATIONS ON THE GROUND LEVEL ; THEY ARE CONTENTED WITH GOING TO THE MRT STATIONS AND SOME COFFEE SHOPS TO DISTRIBUTE PARTY PAMPLETS.
WORSE, OPPOSTION CANDIDATES HAVE OPENLY DECLARED THEY WOULD ACCEPT NCMP SEATS EVEN BEFORE THE ELECTORAL BATTLES ARE FOUGHT.

Dear sampierre,

From my point of view, I certainly hope that our opposition party would stand a chance in winning the elections.

And from my point of view, I really hope that our opposition party would combine their forces, united, and focused, and work together as a larger entity, than seperated.

It's time that the Citizen of The Republic of Singapore understand their election rights. (can anyone dig out Singapore's constitution, and post the rights of a Singaporean Citizen?)

Back in the NS days, all of us have taken a vow, to protect our country's interest, without FEAR or FAVOUR. I remembered the vow is to protect our country with our lives...

However, when the country is no longer our's, what is there to protect in the first place? We would just be outcast, in modern serfdom, working for bank loans till the day that we die...

Why shouldn't we have a free mind to think, and articulate thoughts? Why shouldn't we bring out our concerns and views for the Government (whose primary job is to serve the people, not the other way round)

So, in order to have an alternative view in the Parliament, we really need to have talented oppositions to run for elections, and it'll be for the good of the country as a whole.

What is happening is that : who are willing to finance the Opposition?

Campaign needs money, and marketing resources... in a tune of millions of SGD, who can finance it?

We need not fear any man on earth, but fear GOD.

We need to believe that all of us are born free... not serfs.

:cool:

sampierre

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE=Sperminator;407200]

Dear sampierre,

So, in order to have an alternative view in the Parliament, we really need to have talented oppositions to run for elections, and it'll be for the good of the country as a whole.

What is happening is that : who are willing to finance the Opposition?

Campaign needs money, and marketing resources... in a tune of millions of SGD, who can finance it?

:cool:

My friend,

You DON"T NEED millions of dollars just to organise a monthly get-together event for Tampines residents.
Goh Meng Seng, if he is a serious politician, could easily get a few Tampines supporters to book a hall in any of the 5 Community Centres and organise a karaoke-cum-buffet session so that NSP politicians could really bond with the residents. Or NSP could book some badminton courts at the Tampines Sports Complex on a weekly basis and invite residents to come and play. Or maybe GMS could organise a cycling event at the Tampines Park . These are just some of the many events/programmes that I could think of.

UNFORTUNATELY, OUR OPPOSITION PREFER THE EASY WAY TO MAKE THEIR PRESENCE FELT---- BY SPENDING A FEW HOURS ON A SUNDAY MORNING AT MRT STATIONS AND COFFEE SHOPS TO DISTRIBUTE PARTY PAPERS. LIKE THAT, HOW TO BOND WITH YOUR VOTERS??? IF YOU WANT TO WIN AN ELECTION, YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO INVEST A LOT OF TIME (AND SOME MONEY) AT LEAST ONE YEAR BEFORE THE ELCETIONS.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
And from my point of view, I really hope that our opposition party would combine their forces, united, and focused, and work together as a larger entity, than seperated.

fat hope

i believe you are new to this forum: this had been discussed at length and the upshot is that the opposition will never be united except for deciding where their territories lie: this is mine, that is yours, don't touch mine and i don't touch yours

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The alternative party needs to ask the electorate this question:

Do you feel your life has improved under the present government ?

Are our alternative party ready to form the next govt?

I don't really believe in more oppositions = PAP Pork Barrel or check and balances on PAP. A majority of 1 MP control Parliament, form the cabinet and can push through all bills.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No hope.Hopeless case.Singaporeans like to put their heads on the chopping board and then somemore say "Thank u ! ".

S

sodoMee

I don't really believe in more oppositions = PAP Pork Barrel or check and balances on PAP. A majority of 1 MP control Parliament, form the cabinet and can push through all bills.

you give me an united opposition...

i give you a new government!!!! :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you give me an united opposition...

i give you a new government!!!! :biggrin:

There's no need for an united opposition.

coalition govt will do.

I don't see any problems with that. not happy with a coalition govt, vote in PAP again 5 years later...

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the electorate asks the many alternatives: "How will our lives improve under you?"

For starters, alternative parties can stop screwing the poor and adopt more pro-people policies. You don;t need much to lift the poor to a more level playing field. At least for those who wants to be lifted.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rome wasn't built in a day. For them to form even a coalition govt, they must first get a foothold. Pork Barrel is only for vote winning, it does squat for the people of Singapore.

It amuses me sometimes to see people taking their rebates and smiling, as though the rebates will solve their problems.

Gone are the days where education is a great leveler, where hawker's and cab - drivers' children have an equal chance to excel in the local system. Granted that some still make it, but the percentages are getting smaller.

Yet these people continually vote to screw themselves, and their descendants. One even told me in the last election that for the sake of his daughter (he can only afford one), he will vote for PAP.