• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will the PAP heed the people's cries?

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop their FT programme, stop the runaway inflation, control and bring down the costs of living and most importantly, provide affordable housing (aka 2008 prices) for all citizens??

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Punggol SLAP!!!

PE2_zpsa769a6c0.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
basically right from day 1, S'pore is a farm belonging to LKY..........the plan is to suck s'pore dry after fattening up the cow.........

they will keep doing what they're doing...........and when PAP close to losing power, the whole Lee Clan will migrate...........S'pore can just shrivel up like a dry leaf................

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop their FT programme, stop the runaway inflation, control and bring down the costs of living and most importantly, provide affordable housing (aka 2008 prices) for all citizens??

The damage done during Golden Period is irreparable. Bringing housing prices down will cause many sinkies to have negative equity. Businesses have been thriving on cheap labour instead of innovating for the past 10 years. Stopping FT policy right now will ruin them.

Sinkies have to suck it up again

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Loong says you Sinkie are the HAPPIEST PPL IN THE WORLD NEXT TO BHUTAN.

Where got cries? LOL

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The damage done during Golden Period is irreparable. Bringing housing prices down will cause many sinkies to have negative equity. Businesses have been thriving on cheap labour instead of innovating for the past 10 years. Stopping FT policy right now will ruin them.

From what I gather about the technical aspect of screwing, once a screw is half way in and stay jammed and cannot back out.

You eithier

1) Let the screw stay jammed.
2) screw in deeper and if you can, screw another screw after it.
3) Or whack the first screw so hard that it goes deeper!

Three options , all of them the Sinkie seems SCREWED!

But I'm talking about screws, O.K? LOL

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i love singapore
it's the best place to be born
clean, happy and free
everything is so orderly
everything is so smooth
nothing will change my mind
about living in wonderful singapore

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i don't hear the people cry
their laughter and joy fill the air
i don't see the people sob
their joy is everywhere

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
To sum up PAP in a few words
Stingy towards the bottom class
Suck dry the middle class
Fatten the upper class and own cronies

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
meritocracy is the way to go
the bottom can rise to the top
the middle can also be top dog
the corrupted will have to fall
justice and equality for all

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are people still having illusions? Gullible people living on false hopes is the reason why they have been in power since day 1.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pm has accepted its defeat in pe
it's a swing and it can always go either way
there is a need for moderation on line
to avoid extremism and fanaticism
good governance is the key for singapore
we welcome alternative voices in parliament
singapore is a parliamentary democracy
good luck and warmest congratulations to the winner

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are right. You cannot reverse it. You can only freeze it in time and allow income to catch up. That is why solving such a mistake takes time. But if they don't immediately take the appropriate steps, it will take a longer time. WP knows that. That is the true reason why they are not proposing alternative plans of govt.

The way to solving the problem is to immediately resolve the income inequality distribution issue. Ministerial salaries is just one puzzle of the equation. You cannot adjust ministerial salaries without adjusting all the other salaries. The more you adjust ministerial salaries, the more you need to adjust the other salaries and it is not what most people will immediately like. I think this is also something that the WP knows too.

Unlike many bros here, I think Prof LCY's proposal has merits which justifies further study and development.

Last edited:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
we took the short cuts
the easy and convenient fast track
now we see the adverse effects
difficult to reverse gear
but it is still possible - slowly reversing
otherwise we will sink in a quagmire

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The slap is not effective. WP will continue to cooperate with PAP. You guys had locked onto a chaff decoy. No enemy aircraft was destroyed. Now, PAP may be smiling.

i am very confused
ltk said don't read too much into the victory
pap said it's a swing and it swings either way
wp is not ready to take on the role of government
wp is there to make pap work harder
the policies remain the same
why is wp competing to enter parliament
if only just to ask questions ?????????

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow you seem to know a lot about what WP knows

You are right. You cannot reverse it. You can only freeze it in time and allow income to catch up. That is why solving such a mistake takes time. But if they don't immediately take the appropriate steps, it will take a longer time. WP knows that. That is the true reason why they are not proposing alternative plans of govt.

While the problems can't be reversed, it doesn't mean the gahmen can't take steps to alleviate the suffering of those hit hard by them. There's simply no excuse why WP don't say anything in parliament.

The way to solving the problem is to immediately resolve the income inequality distribution issue. Ministerial salaries is just one puzzle of the equation. You cannot adjust ministerial salaries without adjusting all the other salaries. The more you adjust ministerial salaries, the more you need to adjust the other salaries and it is not what most people will immediately like. I think this is also something that the WP knows too.

Unlike many bros here, I think Prof LCY's proposal has merits which justifies further study and development.

Why should other salaries change along with ministers' salary level? Those are 2 independent events. I recall bill on ministers' salary was passed in 2006 without a gazetted minimum pay for employees. In fact, our wages were further depressed by the FT policy.