• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will NEWATER and Desalination Bankrupt S'pore?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
are you implying that Con You is a typical boastful , arrogant , bragging sinkie ? :confused::confused::confused:

No, I am not implying that Con You is a typical boastful, arrogant, bragging sinkie. In fact, instead of typical he is the bestest one at all that. That's why he is paid the big bucks.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Treaties between countries in the region are void all the freaking time. Just recently(last year I think) Thailand ministers is trying to void all rice contracts negotiated with countries like Philippines because Yingluck promise higher payouts for the farmers. Treaties are only honored by governments who are honorable. What in our history with Malaysia makes U think they are anything like that!!!!! Hell they promised to go by the result of the Pedra Branca ruling and immediately after the loss the case their first reaction was to find some way to appeal it.

More shit talk from u. So, now the Phillippines going to have a huge army to attack thailand over the rice issue, just like u say we have a huge army to attack malaysia over the water issue? Dumbass.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, thanks for dredging this topic up. But have you gone kuku in the head? I fail to understand your logic here..
hahaha....typical empty vessels making the most noise....
1. research showed that cost is around SGD3/cu.m???...really "kay Kiang""
the tender price for desalinated was less than SGD0.50/cu. m....that's is a fact.
plant is operation for nearly 7 years and had not gone bust......

2. the empty vessel really living in his own well.....u want to buy something; pple must sell u meh????
even kuku pple like kukubird is able to understand.....it is even more kuku to think that pple will sell u at whatever price u want........lol.

3. price to the consumers is around SGD1.17/cu.m before tax......so is the empty vessel now saying the price of water is subisdised by the gahmen?????

4. there is no private sector......hahaha, of course if u are a loser like kukubird who cannot afford to own any shares, then u don't know that there is a private sector......lol.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the empty vessel forgotten he posted this before...
now he said Malaysia simply cut off water supply to Singapore and that's it.....end of Singapore.....
this is a classic trait of an empty vessel....slapping himself all the time...

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....typical empty vessels making the most noise....
1. research showed that cost is around SGD3/cu.m???...really "kay Kiang""
the tender price for desalinated was less than SGD0.50/cu. m....that's is a fact.
plant is operation for nearly 7 years and had not gone bust......

2. the empty vessel really living in his own well.....u want to buy something; pple must sell u meh????
even kuku pple like kukubird is able to understand.....it is even more kuku to think that pple will sell u at whatever price u want........lol.

3. price to the consumers is around SGD1.17/cu.m before tax......so is the empty vessel now saying the price of water is subisdised by the gahmen?????

4. there is no private sector......hahaha, of course if u are a loser like kukubird who cannot afford to own any shares, then u don't know that there is a private sector......lol.

kkbirdie!!.you beri steady leh, what you quoted above are common facts,...sad to say many kuku sinkies do not know..:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
kkbirdie!!.you beri steady leh, what you quoted above are common facts,...sad to say many kuku sinkies do not know..:biggrin:

Excellent, I like it when stupid PAP motherfuckers like you dig up my old threads, especially one as important as this. Gives all those who have not seen it a chance to read it. Can dig up somemore or not?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe somebody saw an opportunity in building these newater and desalination plants. Who cares what will happen the rest. Once these plants are up and running, the guys who approved the plants will managing a ranch in australia.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On my research.
There are 2 agreement/contract.
1st contract 86million gallon/day(already expired)
2nd contract 250million gallon/day( expired in 2061)>>lucky this not expired. If not prepare for water price to be at least $3/1000 litre.
Now Singapore buy raw water at RM0.03/1000 gallon and selling back at RM.0.50/1000gallon.
1000gallon = 3800Litre
Even selling back RM0.50/1000gallon still have profit because sell it to state. No need to lay pipe to resident.
Malaysia sell water to resident from RM0.30 ~$1.50 depending on state and usage. Normally 1st 20,000Litre is less than RM0.50.
Price in RM and contract so cheap because Singapore under Malaysia.

So for raw water cost of filtering the water. I estimate about SG$0.10(or less)/1000 litre
For New Water I estimate cost is SG$0.50/1000litre
For Desalination Water cost is SG$0.70/1000 litre.
The above is water plant cost/1000 litre.

Now PUB-Singapore selling water to resident at SG$1.17/1000 litre not included tax. If included tax will be about $1.52/1000litre for 1st 40,000litre not included GST.
So will estimate the water price will increase by 30% very soon.
New water and Desalination water consume lot of energy. If oil price up cost for water will increase also.

this water selling price...how much does it cost to process the water cause it seems like daylight robbery to me.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe somebody saw an opportunity in building these newater and desalination plants. Who cares what will happen the rest. Once these plants are up and running, the guys who approved the plants will managing a ranch in australia.

bed and breakfast ranch?

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don’t know when we read that a Middle East Country towed a big iceberg from the South Pole for their drinking water, we laughed at them. Then we found out they also have many desalination plants also burning fuel oil to evaporate sea water into steams to generate fresh water. Then the oil was at less than USD$20/= per barrel but we were able to get our water supply from Johore for a song.

Since we separated from Malaysia in the 60s, Malaysia constantly threatened to cut off our water supply or raised the selling cost of the raw water. We begun to find alternatives. Quite sure our forefathers must have thought of those methods used by the Middle East countries and eventually, we found the membrane technology which is a cheaper and a more reliable technique to produce fresh water. We tested it and found it workable and continued to improve it.

Today, we are still not able to reduce much on the production cost of fresh water as cheap as those we can get from Johore even after we subsidized the supply to the Johoreans. However, we are able to supplement our water supply requirement which is increasing by the days. So far, we are lucky that we do not have water rationing in which we used to line up along the streets with few pails in our hands, waiting for PUB trucks to come, then carry them the pails all the way up to our living quarters, some about 14 storey high.

I am not sure whether we are considered lucky to be one of the pioneers applying and using membrane technology but many countries, including the US was praising us for using such a technology to solve our water supply shortage. Some even wanted to learn from us.

No matter if newater or the desalination plants will bankrupt us in the coming future, think it is still worth the while to have such facilities implemented; otherwise, we may have to resort drinking our own “urines” with little help from others.

The membrane technology is still in its progression stage, the cost will be cut by much when the technology matures and everyone is using it. I am quite convince that we are going in the right direction to solve our water shortage, no matter what cost we will have to pay.

Here are just some websites that we should read through if we want to understand why we have to resolve the water supply problem and if there is a chance that we will get it cheaper and cheaper to produce that litre of newater using the new technologies.

Thank you for reading..

http://singaporewater-nchs-itclub04.blogspot.sg/2005/08/history.html

http://www.earthmagazine.org/articl...r-science-and-psychology-wastewater-recycling

http://idadesal.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/IDA-RD-Workshop-Combined-Presentations-Day-2.pdf

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tow a iceberg?are u sure thats not a myth?how big does the iceberg have to be and how much water can it produce?considering the water usuage even in a small country is so high,u have to tow a olympic stadium size iceberg just to meet the daily water requirement.

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is some history about towing of icebergs.. some successful, some not since 1800.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...cesses-of-zany-iceberg-towing-schemes/243364/

There is a special company called Iceberg Transport International Pte Ltd. If you are interested.. contact them

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2011/08/10/get-your-iceberg-water-here530-a-glass/

This is one of graphic video illustrate how they tow the iceberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOs-gSVvPWA

tow a iceberg?are u sure thats not a myth?how big does the iceberg have to be and how much water can it produce?considering the water usuage even in a small country is so high,u have to tow a olympic stadium size iceberg just to meet the daily water requirement.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is some history about towing of icebergs.. some successful, some not since 1800.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...cesses-of-zany-iceberg-towing-schemes/243364/

There is a special company called Iceberg Transport International Pte Ltd. If you are interested.. contact them

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2011/08/10/get-your-iceberg-water-here530-a-glass/

ahahahaha is that how ice mountain is manufactured?they have offer now 2 1.5l for 1.25 at giant.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Don’t know when we read that a Middle East Country towed a big iceberg from the South Pole for their drinking water, we laughed at them. Then we found out they also have many desalination plants also burning fuel oil to evaporate sea water into steams to generate fresh water. Then the oil was at less than USD$20/= per barrel but we were able to get our water supply from Johore for a song.

Since we separated from Malaysia in the 60s, Malaysia constantly threatened to cut off our water supply or raised the selling cost of the raw water. We begun to find alternatives. Quite sure our forefathers must have thought of those methods used by the Middle East countries and eventually, we found the membrane technology which is a cheaper and a more reliable technique to produce fresh water. We tested it and found it workable and continued to improve it.

Today, we are still not able to reduce much on the production cost of fresh water as cheap as those we can get from Johore even after we subsidized the supply to the Johoreans. However, we are able to supplement our water supply requirement which is increasing by the days. So far, we are lucky that we do not have water rationing in which we used to line up along the streets with few pails in our hands, waiting for PUB trucks to come, then carry them the pails all the way up to our living quarters, some about 14 storey high.

I am not sure whether we are considered lucky to be one of the pioneers applying and using membrane technology but many countries, including the US was praising us for using such a technology to solve our water supply shortage. Some even wanted to learn from us.

No matter if newater or the desalination plants will bankrupt us in the coming future, think it is still worth the while to have such facilities implemented; otherwise, we may have to resort drinking our own “urines” with little help from others.

The membrane technology is still in its progression stage, the cost will be cut by much when the technology matures and everyone is using it. I am quite convince that we are going in the right direction to solve our water shortage, no matter what cost we will have to pay.

Here are just some websites that we should read through if we want to understand why we have to resolve the water supply problem and if there is a chance that we will get it cheaper and cheaper to produce that litre of newater using the new technologies.

Thank you for reading..

http://singaporewater-nchs-itclub04.blogspot.sg/2005/08/history.html

http://www.earthmagazine.org/articl...r-science-and-psychology-wastewater-recycling

http://idadesal.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/IDA-RD-Workshop-Combined-Presentations-Day-2.pdf

You are such a typical cock sucking PAP bullshitter. Malaysia constantly threaten to cut off our water? How many times is constantly? Every week? Every month? U are full of shit. Only some radical elements like UMNO youth threaten such things, and that's after Old Goat pissed them off by calling Johor a Den of Thieves, etc. Kindly point out when was the last time the govt. of Malaysia threatened to cut off our water supply?

Member technology cheaper? What bullshit. How many hundreds of millions $ does it even cost to build one plant using membrane technology, and than after that, you still have to decontaminate the water. Don't bullshit and say its cheaper without showing the cost breakdown. I have already shown what it cost to get water from Johore, lets see you show what it costs to get water from your "cheap" membrane technology. Singaporeans don't give a shit whether other countries praise our use of membrane technology, they just want water at the cheapest and most reasonable price. And that is to get it from Johor.

Maybe its no matter to you for Newater and desalination plants and production to bankrupt us, but it is a huge matter to me. Singaporeans have been kept in total darkness as to how much more we have to pay for water use, under desalination and Newater. But your PAP bullshit techniques are so transparent now:

1) Bring up the boogie man of Malaysia threatening to cut water supplies "constantly"
2) Put fear of water rationing and lining up for water trucks.
3) Deflect the huge increase in water cost by saying how cheap membrane technology is
4) Claim that other countries praise us for this use of advanced technology
5) attach all sorts of useless links to back up your so call argument

At the end of the day, still never admit that:

a) Whatever membrane and Newater techniques are still hugely more expensive than the old supply
b) The PAP should have put much more effort into renewing the water agreements with malaysia, even paying 10 times more for raw water is still cheaper than spending $ billions to build all these plants
c) You are full of shit and a PAP balls licker.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Ok, we get it PAP MOTHERFUCKER.

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, you are very sick.. you should see your doctor.. you must have forgotten to take your medicine tonight..I have teased many mentally sick people like you in other forums. I am not surprise at all to read your first thread and immediately I realize I am facing a lunatic and like to tease them until they jump up and down. In Singapore, there are about 6 people out of 10 people is mentally sick according to IMH... go there and rest...please.. you are too sick to talk to anyone here.. don't run your blood pressure up or you will find the death of yourself pretty soon.. ok

Ok, we get it PAP MOTHERFUCKER.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Actually, you are very sick.. you should see your doctor.. you must have forgotten to take your medicine tonight..I have teased many mentally sick people like you in other forums. I am not surprise at all to read your first thread and immediately I realize I am facing a lunatic and like to tease them until they jump up and down. In Singapore, there are about 6 people out of 10 people is mentally sick according to IMH... go there and rest...please.. you are too sick to talk to anyone here.. don't run your blood pressure up or you will find the death of yourself pretty soon.. ok

ahhahhaha, now the truth is revealed. U come here and pretend to justify the high cost of desalination and newater by providng all your bullshit links. After you have been exposed as a PAP stooge, than you come out with the language. ooohhhhh, I am so scared. I eat motherfucking cock sucking PAP shits like you for breakfast. And than in the afternoon, I shit them out. U are not teasing me at all, ur fake post about how affordable your crap membrane technology has just been exposed. seriously, losers like you need to find a better job than being a PAP IB. u are pathetic piece of dog shit.

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know why you are here...

whytheyputmehere.jpg

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be under tremendous pressure from you work that you are always against who so ever does not agree with you.. take your medicine and go to sleep.. you will feel refreshing and thank God you have another good day.. good night

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every few years just before UMNO election, they would rattle their kris and threatened to end our water supplies. We had had enough. They can keep their water as much as they want and flood the whole of malaysia.