• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Singaporeans should not give seat to old folks on the bus....

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should all learn from the example of our govt when it comes to helping the sick, poor and elderly:

You should not give your seats to old folks because:

1. you did not means test them so how you know they can't afford taxi and need to take bus. They could be abusing your kindness.

2. old folks can work...they have to since they can't take out their CPF money these days. If they can work, they should be able to stand in the bus...standing is a lot easier than cleaning tables at the hawker center.

3. you should remember the Parental Maintenance Act. The children of these old folks should take care of them and not you. Before you give them your seat how do you know they don't have children who are driving around in Mercedes Benz - they should be the ones taking care of their parents.

4. the old folks too poor for taxi deserve to stand in the bus - it is meritocracy, you get what you deserve.

5. as a typical Singaporean, you should wait for others to give up their seat before you give up your seat.

6. you don't want them to develop a crutch mentality for their own good - they might lose the ability to stand if you keep helping them to sit.

7. you should give your seat to foreign talents instead of old folks because they contribute more to the economy. Govt charity in the form of free scholarships are given free by the thousands to foreigners as our old folks work as cleaners and cardboard collectors.

jw5

Loyal
Bro

I think I get your point, but the most important point is that we won't want to be like those overpaid self deluded fuckers.

My personal policy is to give up my seat on public transport to the elderly, disabled and pregnant women.
If I'm standing, I will ask those seated in the reserved seat to give it up for the elderly or disabled. But not the pregnant women. They can ask for the seat themselves.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say it is the children that had been given extravagance and undeserved privileges. Unless for sick or disabled children, adults had been too kind to healthy energetic and tireless kids. They are just being spoiled by society and their parents. Which the reversed should be done. Spoiled children is ruined future for this country. You look at the 3-7 years old, have too much energy to find fault and make troubles in public transport and why should the society spoil them any further? Jump up and down, climb on seats, run here and there play and makes noise like their father owns the bus or MRT. Lots of brats even FT brats, too spoiled. Typically the 2-3 years old still take a seat while their parents still drag a big stroller on board to obstruct passengers. And when their brat don't want to sit inside (ran around to play or jump on seats) they still don't fold their strollers up and use that as a storage for their bags etc.:mad:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
4. the old folks too poor for taxi deserve to stand in the bus - it is meritocracy, you get what you deserve.

FARK Q, its not a meritocracy, its called fairness, we all pay the same fare, do they pay the more fare??? they pay less fare ok !!

If I'm standing, I will ask those seated in the reserved seat to give it up for the elderly or disabled. But not the pregnant women. They can ask for the seat themselves.

if pregnant women are active enough to be running around and travelling on MRT, they they are fit to stand!!! even if my wife, i also will tell her the same thing... if i cant afford to let her rest and relec @ home, then I am useless...

no farking point blaming the whole world

I say it is the children that had been given extravagance and undeserved privileges. Unless for sick or disabled children, adults had been too kind to healthy energetic and tireless kids. They are just being spoiled by society and their parents. Which the reversed should be done. Spoiled children is ruined future for this country. You look at the 3-7 years old, have too much energy to find fault and make troubles in public transport and why should the society spoil them any further? Jump up and down, climb on seats, run here and there play and makes noise like their father owns the bus or MRT. Lots of brats even FT brats, too spoiled. Typically the 2-3 years old still take a seat while their parents still drag a big stroller on board to obstruct passengers. And when their brat don't want to sit inside (ran around to play or jump on seats) they still don't fold their strollers up and use that as a storage for their bags etc.:mad:

totally agreed with uncleyap for once!!!

kids should not be allowed to sit since they pay less fare...wan to bring stroller on board , should pay extra fare!!!

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Absolutely agree. Up your points. :smile:

xclgreen

Great explanation. I like your point of view on this topic. You stressed it clearly and I so much agree with you because me is doing the same kind. I salute you for this manner. :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually in Australia, I've seen passengers demanding a sit from schoolkids based on this exact argument. Good satire, I wish more Singaporean could see it this way.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

good point!!! agree with you.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You bloody arsehole, I up your points so many times before, but you never return the favour.

I didn't want to do it to you but since you asked for it, I'll return the same favors as you've done me.

You're not only thick face, black heart but a shameless liar, slanderer and abuser of power when you had it.

If you don't like me, just leave me alone or ignore me. There's no need for such persistent stalking and slandering.

If you really hate me and want to settle me, please PM me, you name date and time and I name place, or vice versa, up to you.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So finally, you decided to give up your "holier-than-thou" pretentious attitude of not retaliating or taking offence.

Today, you not only infracted me, but you also deducted my rep points. I have proven that you are a two-faced hypocrite who can get provoked easily, contrary to what you claimed last time. Well done. If you want, go ahead ban me for 24 hrs. I dare you. Come on, sucker.

You ought to look yourself in the mirror, Ramseth. you are a pathetic whining swine who never fails to brag about how you somehow manage to talk to every impt that other people are mentioning, how you seem to have been everywhere in the world, done everything, talked to everyone, know everything. In real life, you post false resumes about yourself and are a filthy liar as far as your real accomplishments are concerned.

Since you are a member of an opposition party, I will not reveal the extent of your duplicity. But if you force my hand, I might have to.

I didn't want to do it to you but since you asked for it, I'll return the same favors as you've done me.

You're not only thick face, black heart but a shameless liar, slanderer and abuser of power when you had it.

If you don't like me, just leave me alone or ignore me. There's no need for such persistent stalking and slandering.

If you really hate me and want to settle me, please PM me, you name date and time and I name place, or vice versa, up to you.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You bloody arsehole, I up your points so many times before, but you never return the favour.

The above is what you claimed. The below was what you did. I said that I won't retaliate. You yourself ask for a return of favour. I won't pursue this anymore. You're free to post whatever you want. But when it concerns lies about me, I'll have to act. Let's go our own ways and leave each other alone.

Latest Infractions Received (0 point(s) total)

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The above is what you claimed. The below was what you did. I said that I won't retaliate. You yourself ask for a return of favour. I won't pursue this anymore. You're free to post whatever you want. But when it concerns lies about me, I'll have to act. Let's go our own ways and leave each other alone.

Hey idiot, I said I gave you +ve rep points. Check your bloody control panel, not your infraction log!

Anyway concerning lies, you already lie about yourself amply. No need for anyone, me least of all, to add to them. Problem is when truth comes out, it will look bad on you.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey idiot, I said I gave you +ve rep points. Check your bloody control panel, not your infraction log!

Anyway concerning lies, you already lie about yourself amply. No need for anyone, me least of all, to add to them. Problem is when truth comes out, it will look bad on you.

I seldom check as I don't want to be influenced by giving points for points. I give points for good postings. If you have given me points, my apologies for deducting your points. I'll give them back double at the next turn the system allows and your posting warrants. I've did this only to two forummers after all these years, you and BusNo64. There's a threshold to everyone. I'm human and no saint. Anyway, I'm sick and tired of this. Let it go. We'll all be higher on the happiness index. :wink:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I seldom check as I don't want to be influenced by giving points for points. I give points for good postings. If you have given me points, my apologies for deducting your points. I'll give them back double at the next turn the system allows and your posting warrants. I've did this only to two forummers after all these years, you and BusNo64. There's a threshold to everyone. I'm human and no saint. Anyway, I'm sick and tired of this. Let it go. We'll all be higher on the happiness index. :wink:

Hahahaha!! Relax lah, points can exchange for ballot slips or NTUC voucher? I'm just happy to breach your threshold today. It is extremely satisfying.

Anyway, stick to your NTUC/SPF career portfolio and you'll be fine.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahahaha!! Relax lah, points can exchange for ballot slips or NTUC voucher? I'm just happy to breach your threshold today. It is extremely satisfying.

Glad that you're satisfied. Shake hands. :wink:

Anyway, stick to your NTUC/SPF career portfolio and you'll be fine.

As I've said you (and everyone else here) are free to post whatever, so am I. If any doesn't like any posting, just ignore it. Don't get personal.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro

I think I get your point, but the most important point is that we won't want to be like those overpaid self deluded fuckers.

My personal policy is to give up my seat on public transport to the elderly, disabled and pregnant women.

Please, if they really need the seats, I will give it up to them, if I am sitting down. But I havepaid my fare & you ask me to get up I will fark the daylights out of you. It is my perogative to give up my seat, to whomever I feel deserve to have it. My point is, don't let all this propaganda filth gets to your head, the elderly or whatever, do not demand the right to have the seats, we all are paying passengers. I come from an era, that we are taught to help the old lady across the road, but to demand that I give up the seat to another, I won't. Charity & compassion comes from the heart, not from the head.