• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why serve NS or have SAF when we don't even have our own food supply?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry to burst your bubble as your logic is flaw.

First part, true MUDland would not want another 2 to 3m chinks.

Part 2, wrong reasons for PT91 purchase, old toys, too heavy and too wide to cross mudland bridges and more so wrong position at Muar instead of KL. PT91 will be sitting ducks for APACHE as shooting gallery.

if PT91 is too heavy, then what about the 62ton LeoII? A PT91 basically a modified T72 only 42-45ton, which the royal misa armour brigade knew is within the limit of most msia major bridges. the same cannot be said to the LeoII. if SAF really head north, the 35SCE will have a hard time keeping up and build span across even small streams as none of msia bridges can sustain the LeoII weight. As i said previously, keeping that Brigade in Muar is a strategic location, if u dont understand the logic behind it, reread your Sun Tze art of war again. As for your Apache shooting gallery, it may not happen. Unlike the US, Apache who togather with the Kiwoi as a team under the command of the Mechanzied Brigade commander while in SAF, Apache is under the command of the RSAF. If you ever hear fire command over battlion net, it not as easy as u thought.

Part 3, MLRS old tech, fire and forget and not accurate, S'pore new MLRS out range and outgun m&ds MLRS. 80 TO 100km with GPS high explosive or cluster 500kg each. No need MLRS JDAM form F-15 will do the job.

How accurate the china made MLRS, i seriously dunno. But as a weapon to terrorize the general population, it would be very useful. While rockets falling into HDB estate, can u imagine the panic it will cause. Singapore is just a 42km by 24km island, anywhere the Msia MLRS land will hit something. It not use as a precision weapon but a weapon to apply pressure on the general population which in turn pressure the govt. It not how a good a weapon that win the war, it how a general use the weapon to his advantage.

Part 4, sea blockade old story of the yester years, now RSAN with a state of art brown water navy and also an array of Air to Surface like Harpoon and Sea hawk.

Again, it not how good your weapon system, it how a admiral use his platform at his disposal. You seriously think RSN can keep the straits of melaka and south china sea open at all time with only one missile corvette squadron? if u do think that, i suggest you change your medication.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy an Invincible-class aircraft carrier with a squadron of Sea Harriers and prowl around Melaka Straits. Buy a Vanguard-class nuclear missile submarine and lurk underneath South China Sea. Problem solved. Nobody dare to f*ck around with Singapore anymore. But another problem for Singapore government, run out of excuses to enslave NSmen.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need lah. Just if on one particular day, they put on their army uniform and we "suddenly" find ourselves already being occupied.....from every factory, every level of hdb, every hawker center, every coffee shop, every bus, every mrt cabin, every public toilet.....everywhere:( Defend?:rolleyes:

To ensure that this conversation does not take place between Hu and Lee, please purchase more advanced weaponry from US! :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Also, some billionaires may be.
I don't think any of them is an individual billionaire.
Most of them with individual net worth of 8 figures, perhaps some with 9 figures.
But 10 figures individually is unlikely.
Then again, we will never know unless they delcare their assets publicly, which will happen when the moon turns blue.

Wei Tuo Deva

Alfrescian
Loyal

Clap Clap...ha ha I meet my match.

Part 2, wrong reasons for PT91 purchase, old toys, too heavy and too wide to cross mudland bridges and more so wrong position at Muar instead of KL. PT91 will be sitting ducks for APACHE as shooting gallery.

if PT91 is too heavy, then what about the 62ton LeoII? A PT91 basically a modified T72 only 42-45ton, which the royal misa armour brigade knew is within the limit of most msia major bridges. the same cannot be said to the LeoII. if SAF really head north, the 35SCE will have a hard time keeping up and build span across even small streams as none of msia bridges can sustain the LeoII weight. As i said previously, keeping that Brigade in Muar is a strategic location, if u dont understand the logic behind it, reread your Sun Tze art of war again. As for your Apache shooting gallery, it may not happen. Unlike the US, Apache who togather with the Kiwoi as a team under the command of the Mechanzied Brigade commander while in SAF, Apache is under the command of the RSAF. If you ever hear fire command over battlion net, it not as easy as u thought.

Part 2 sequel continue: Agree that the LeoII is far more heavier beside better armour, power, speed, firepower, the LeoII is not using m&d bridges and have their own field engineering for crossing for jungle warfare which is not suited, more for open area needing speed and mobility to punch thru defenses with the good mixs of AMX light tanks. As for the APACHE (READ LONGBOW SPECS) to fully understand that it is a tank killer couple with FAC and maybe not due to IFF system. m&d don't read Sun Tze.

Wei Tuo Deva

Alfrescian
Loyal

Part 3, MLRS old tech, fire and forget and not accurate, S'pore new MLRS out range and outgun m&ds MLRS. 80 TO 100km with GPS high explosive or cluster 500kg each. No need MLRS JDAM form F-15 will do the job.

How accurate the china made MLRS, i seriously dunno. But as a weapon to terrorize the general population, it would be very useful. While rockets falling into HDB estate, can u imagine the panic it will cause. Singapore is just a 42km by 24km island, anywhere the Msia MLRS land will hit something. It not use as a precision weapon but a weapon to apply pressure on the general population which in turn pressure the govt. It not how a good a weapon that win the war, it how a general use the weapon to his advantage.

All weapons that are within reach will terrorise the population that is War. m&d MLRS will be decimated upon the first salvo, counter strike with Artillary Radar tracker with presicion MLRS within mins.

Wei Tuo Deva

Alfrescian
Loyal

Part 4, sea blockade old story of the yester years, now RSAN with a state of art brown water navy and also an array of Air to Surface like Harpoon and Sea hawk.

Again, it not how good your weapon system, it how a admiral use his platform at his disposal. You seriously think RSN can keep the straits of melaka and south china sea open at all time with only one missile corvette squadron? if u do think that, i suggest you change your medication.

Hey Bro, read up on RSN. 6 advance corvettes, 6 subs, 6 state of art Frigates and air wing for counter sub and Air to ship attack missile with AWACS. I don't need medication.:smile:

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
we have stockpile of rice, canned food to survive 3 months. That's enough time for ally to come to our aids..

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u believe technology can win war? it the men who operate the platforms that make the different. Ever serve NS or ICT? if u do, answer truthfully in your heart u still think SAF can whip msia asses? low morale, poorly train and most important of all, no motivation from reservists who the main fighting force of SAF, not your wet behind the ears 18yo.
i am not interested to compare technologies and tactics, but for everyone of your advantages u claimed SAF have, i can give u how msia can counter or SAF may not be as good as you thought they are. Just your claim Leo2 can easily cross msia terrain with special bridging equipment show how ignorant u are. i served in armour for 13 years, despite being only a pengkia, i see and hear first hand on how armour work. Just for your general info, AMX13 no more, phrase out, kaput.
As for food supply, all msia have to do is to shoot at the marina barrage and the embankment of spore western reserviors, the large percentage of fresh water would be gone, if not water to drink, got food also useless.

Wei Tuo Deva

Alfrescian
Loyal
u believe technology can win war? it the men who operate the platforms that make the different. Ever serve NS or ICT? if u do, answer truthfully in your heart u still think SAF can whip msia asses? low morale, poorly train and most important of all, no motivation from reservists who the main fighting force of SAF, not your wet behind the ears 18yo.
i am not interested to compare technologies and tactics, but for everyone of your advantages u claimed SAF have, i can give u how msia can counter or SAF may not be as good as you thought they are. Just your claim Leo2 can easily cross msia terrain with special bridging equipment show how ignorant u (Don't be rude) are "just exchanging pointers with you bro." i served in armour for 13 years, despite being only a pengkia, i see and hear first hand on how armour work. Just for your general info, AMX13 no more, phrase out, kaput. (Check your fact)As for food supply, all msia have to do is to shoot at the marina barrage and the embankment of spore western reserviors, the large percentage of fresh water would be gone, if not water to drink, got food also useless.
Nobody is waiting to die of thrist here lah.

Please report to Capt Goh M.S., he will motivate you and your comrades to protect your mother land. That is an order son.:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am rude? no i am being truthful. u only know what u read from 154th, which not entirely truthful. u saw many articles on 154th abt SAF being 3.5G army, bloody high tech, vehicles having integated communication system rite. Seriously all those technologies have not tickle down to units, still a dream in some general staff sleep.
AMX13 confirm no more, changing doctrine. Dont even issue AMX13 to reservists anymore. My battlion tankees all become ration party in my last ICT. They dont even display AMX13 to family members who came for MR parade.
what have GMS have to do for morale? he just a lousy captain. Unless he part of the govt and do something for reservists,if not then reservists would continue to suffer after pap adminstration. As for me, i MR liao, so whatever happen no longer relevant to me.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually Singapore does have something for mudland....you control singapore, you control the mouth of straits of malacca....imagine you position a battery of anti-ship missles or you mine the entire entrace of Straits of Malacca. You can control a large portion of the oil trade going to US and Japan...even China will be concerned.

Chinks in Singapore? No problems...heard of Shuk Ching during WW2? Can do it again.

Now, true that hardware needs software...but if you are faced with imminent danger of an enemy (ok i won't specify who) coming to rampage your country, rape your sister, enslaven you...would you not fight?

Whats more, we have now UAV capabilities...

On paper, we have better airforce and better navy compared to mudland. And given our doctrine of strike when first sign of danger, we will decimate the airforce and command and control structure of their military. So what if they have MLRS without coordination? Sure, the whole of MLRS can fire and it is bound to hit our HDB...that is inevitable but the important Command structure needs to remain intact.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not interested to compare technologies and tactics, but for everyone of your advantages u claimed SAF have, i can give u how msia can counter or SAF may not be as good as you thought they are. Just your claim Leo2 can easily cross msia terrain with special bridging equipment show how ignorant u are. i served in armour for 13 years, despite being only a pengkia, i see and hear first hand on how armour work. Just for your general info, AMX13 no more, phrase out, kaput.
As for food supply, all msia have to do is to shoot at the marina barrage and the embankment of spore western reserviors, the large percentage of fresh water would be gone, if not water to drink, got food also useless.

Totally agree. Experience will tell the truth.

That's why I say all expensive toys are for show only. Even US with latest technology don't always win in a conventional warfare. Vietnam war is one classic example.

Other than hardware and strategy , I believe the most lies with the justification of the war and patriotism to your country.

The greatest threat to SG in my view is not from M'sia or Indon but from within. That's the arrogance of SG and the ignorance that believe high tech weapon will surely win a war.

More importantly, PAP doesn't seem to believe in human factor such as a soldier's or its citizen's morale or patriotism. They know well that most s'porean mentally and physically are not that fit to fight a war for the country, that's why they buy all the expensive weapons trying to scare off its potential enemies.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why I say all expensive toys are for show only. Even US with latest technology don't always win in a conventional warfare. Vietnam war is one classic example.

Other than hardware and strategy , I believe the most lies with the justification of the war and patriotism to your country.

US drew the Korean War and lost the Vietnam War not because they couldn't win it. North Korea and Vietnam were on homeground fighting life-defending battles and willing to die in any numbers. US just didn't have the stomach to kill so many as to record a win. They'd rather leave it as it was. Mastery of technology enables US to reach Korea and Vietnam and fight there, decide when to fight and when to leave. Can they do that to US?

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
US drew the Korean War and lost the Vietnam War not because they couldn't win it. North Korea and Vietnam were on homeground fighting life-defending battles and willing to die in any numbers. US just didn't have the stomach to kill so many as to record a win. They'd rather leave it as it was. Mastery of technology enables US to reach Korea and Vietnam and fight there, decide when to fight and when to leave. Can they do that to US?

US is a superpower and it likes to act as a universal cop. Certainly they have to have that kind of capability.

So the question is: Do the country you quoted need to do that to the US?

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro royalblood,
first of all, Msia do not want singapore under them. Why the fark they want another 2m chinese into their population of 20m? that will change the racial ratio in Federal Malaysia, which is a no no as chinese will have a chance to form a govt with Indian support and cut off the malays.

In a war, winners take all...be it right or wrong.

The Malaysian government could have annexed Singapore, and chase out all the ethnic Chinese and Indians and confiscate their property in the process.
We have pretty good infrastrucutre in Singapore which can be ver useful to the invaders.
An invasion, not the destruction of Singapore, could provide substantiate ROI given the good infrastructure availabe and amount of property we own.

Worst case scenario, they can always enslave us and subject us to police state treatment by virtue of our ethnicity.

By Chasing all non-bumi alll out Singapore, the bumi sphere of influence in this region could be considerable and if they so wish, they could use the new found resources and sphere of influence to take over the whole of SE Asia.
Don't under-estimate the value of Singapore to our most direct threat.