• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why people make a big fuss about the train breakdowns..

kunkin

Alfrescian
Loyal
lets consider the trains breakdown on an average of 150 to 200 a year.

Chances of the same person getting caught in the multiple breakdown is very low considering the probability of the breakdown happening at various times of the day and an at various locations of the mrt network..

Maximum I could remember is only 2 to 3 major breakdowns in the last 4-5 years..

All other breakdowns are lasting ~10 minutes and a maximum of ~20 minutes which I would say is nothing consequential for most people.

For most people who are glued to their mobiles, browsing facebook or something else (from my observation about 90 to 95% of the commuters does this in trains), this does not matter whether they are standing for that time in the train or sitting in their house browsing..

Considering all this why the netizens make a big fuss about this very insignificant transportation issues..

As for the crowding, I have been travelling in the train at about 730 -740 am, and I always find the travel a breeze..with very less crowd.. The train frequencies are great ( I think SG is one of the few places where u have 1 to 2 min frequency at peak time). If people really care about crowd, they could start a few minutes earlier.

All it shows many SG netizens are highly unrealistic in their expectations of the train network and of the gov. They deserves a worse shock of an anarchy with out the present ruling government.

I

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All it shows many SG netizens are highly unrealistic in their expectations of the train network and of the gov. They deserves a worse shock of an anarchy with out the present ruling government.I

Point taken, PAP shill. :wink:

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Considering the pay of the minister and the number of breakdowns in the past and consider the pay they are having and the number of breakdowns now. I wonder why the netizens cannot make noise.:rolleyes:

kunkin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Considering the pay of the minister and the number of breakdowns in the past and consider the pay they are having and the number of breakdowns now. I wonder why the netizens cannot make noise.:rolleyes:

why there is always talk about million dollar pay bull shit.. In most other countries politician loot fortunes in the billions but do nothing.. atleast in Singapore, work mostly gets done for paying a few million to the ministers..( Remember the govt. money handled by these ministers is in the billions.. had it not been in the hands of people of integrity, it would have vaporised by now..)

no place is perfect or for that matter fine.. Singapore is exceptional in the way it is managed.. and for that people should be eternally thankful to the first gen leaders and to a large extent to the present corp of leaders who against all odds of globalisation, have still managed to give a decent growth and existence to Singapore.

The key board warriors can criticise all they can.. but they could not for sure give any alternatives or solution to the problems being faced.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key board warriors can criticise all they can.. but they could not for sure give any alternatives or solution to the problems being faced.

halo lee gung lim beh pah jee hero lee eh wei bi lim beh koh ah zway si boh

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
why there is always talk about million dollar pay bull shit.. In most other countries politician loot fortunes in the billions but do nothing.. atleast in Singapore, work mostly gets done for paying a few million to the ministers..( Remember the govt. money handled by these ministers is in the billions.. had it not been in the hands of people of integrity, it would have vaporised by now..)

no place is perfect or for that matter fine.. Singapore is exceptional in the way it is managed.. and for that people should be eternally thankful to the first gen leaders and to a large extent to the present corp of leaders who against all odds of globalisation, have still managed to give a decent growth and existence to Singapore.

Decision to pay ministers and public servants (super-scales) million dollars should go with national referendum.
Similarly, population policy PWP, raising minimum age for CPF withdrawal and all important policies should be decided by people through national referendum.
PAP still think sinkies' lots are the same as 1960's era.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday 6:11 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #165
alpha http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif
Elite Junior
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/uploads/avatars/avatar_3534.gif?dateline=1391841400
attachment.php

http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/english/postbit_find.gif

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn just now my train broke down for 20min on my way home in evening
Should count myself lucky right?
20min is considered non-event by Singapore standard now right?

kopiCbuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheebye kia kunkun aka kopisai clone, then why you donno how to ask yourself why other countries trains never break down? just becos your mother cheebye always get fucked by bangalas does not mean other women cheebye also the same unlerstand?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please discuss:smile:

Discuss ki lan ah.

Now it's time for action!! Why is LTY the one getting sacked when this fucking jiakliaobee papaer general CEO is helping himself to many millions?

He should be the one getting sacked FIRST!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn just now my train broke down for 20min on my way home in evening
Should count myself lucky right?
20min is considered non-event by Singapore standard now right?

As long as terrorists never attack our MRT and no head-on collision between trains, very the success one already. To many, breakdowns so what? because they are not affected. That is why.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Discuss ki lan ah.

Now it's time for action!! Why is LTY the one getting sacked when this fucking jiakliaobee papaer general CEO is helping himself to many millions?

He should be the one getting sacked FIRST!!

Relag relag bro. Our PM will take over transport. All problems will be history.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can say all you want, the point is 99% of the people have already decided who they are going to vote for. To each and everyone their own reason. You for PAP and I for Opposition. No one can change the mind of anyone at this point of time. So no need to type so much lah hah. Just why are they losing ground if they are really doing so well?