• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean overseas says she likes nothing about Singapore, response divides viewers

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/s...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1695980458

290923_Singapore_TT.jpg

We all have our gripes about Singapore from time to time, but this woman seems to have a bone to pick with life in our little red dot.

During a street interview by London-based content creator Brandon Elabor who goes by the username Brandondior1 on TikTok, the woman was asked what she thought was the best thing about Singapore.

Elabor does street interviews with people in London, asking them a wide variety of questions about their home country or pop culture.

Without batting an eyelid, the woman replied: "Nothing, I don't like my country," while shaking her head.

Continuing the interview, Elabor then asked her: "What's the worst thing about that country?"

"The people... the way they talk, and stuff like that," the woman remarked. "If you go there for a holiday it's fine, but if you grew up living there, don't do that."

The 26-second clip quickly attracted a barrage of comments from netizens, one who asked "why so many Singaporeans hate Singapore?"

comments_102.jpg
PHOTO: Screengrab/TikTok
There were also a slew of comments from both Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans remarking that they love the country.

290923_tiktok%20comments.jpg
PHOTO: Screengrab/TikTok
AsiaOne has reached out to Elabor for further comment.

Woman realises how good Singapore is after a month in US and Canada​

The woman in Elabor's video might prefer life abroad, but another Singaporean woman begs to differ.

In July, Sophieonggg posted a TikTok video documenting some of the more unpleasant experiences she had while travelling in the US and Canada for a month.

Some grievances she had included encountering drunkards and drug addicts on the streets as well as dirty toilets.

Although she appreciated the experiences she had while overseas, the woman wrote: "Singapore will always be my home and I should appreciate it more."

In the latest World Happiness Report released by the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Solutions Network earlier this year, Singapore was ranked the happiest country in Asia.

In a league table of 137 countries, Singapore was ranked 25th in the world – up two places from last year.

The report looks at six factors to work out how happy people are from a given country including social support, healthy life expectancy and freedom to make life choices.

[email protected]

For more original AsiaOne articles, visit here.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of those people defending SG online are PAP ball carriers who have no balls to admit to the whole world more than half the population here are not even Singaporean!

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg is a cb place ,if u got money to burn its a good place bit majority is living from left to right pocket,its the truth,n when old majority will.realise it when their income drop,only.pap mps when unget old their pay rise, but for sinkies when u get old they tell.u Don expect too much,lol 60% are dumb

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg is a cb place ,if u got money to burn its a good place bit majority is living from left to right pocket,its the truth,n when old majority will.realise it when their income drop,only.pap mps when unget old their pay rise, but for sinkies when u get old they tell.u Don expect too much,lol 60% are dumb
Most sinkies are living like a dog

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing to like in Singapore especially if you can cook.
I will spend my time getting as many Singaporeans to migrate.
Clear this place out of old rubbish so that new rubbish can take over.
A warning to citizens. Life will get progressively more difficult on every statistical indicators.
Lee Conned You.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Out of a population of 5.9 million, 60 percent of them are foreigners (naturalized sinkees + foreigners). This woman don't know how good it is in sinkapore. She should ask the 3.5 million foreigners here the reason.