• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think jogging is much better.

Your entire body work out.

That is why at 90s LKY is still alive.

However you curse him.

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear brothers and sisters
please let me know what kind of juicer that I can use for wheatgrass?
my current philips juice cannot do wheatgrass and no juice come out!
my juice can only do normal fruits and cucumber and tomato and celery
what kind of juice that i shall use to do wheatgrass? please tell me

You can try the slow juicer in q00q10 web site cost about 99 dollars, or manual juicer, or the Hurom juicer selling also in Qoo10 web site, so far they are the cheapest

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can try the slow juicer in q00q10 web site cost about 99 dollars, or manual juicer, or the Hurom juicer selling also in Qoo10 web site, so far they are the cheapest

hurom juicer can't do much wheat grass too.. i tried it, i know.

you got to use the manual type like this:

471947111_302.JPG

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

However you curse him.

Juicing provides the fuel for the body. Without the fuel you won't be able to exercise. Vegetable & fruits also help the body to detox.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn good man 10 mins done washing, cutting, blending, drinking, cleaning up everything. Could take a shorter time if i was faster on the washing up.

Over and done with it and you just get on with your day.

Sure beats frying up the veggies or steaming it in soup or some bs.

Best way to get goodness from the veggies without having to taste it at all.

Traditionalists somehow seem to hate it like they insist you need to chew and taste them. Sorry my blender has chewed it up for me.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Damn good man 10 mins done washing, cutting, blending, drinking, cleaning up everything. Could take a shorter time if i was faster on the washing up.

Traditionalists somehow seem to hate it like they insist you need to chew and taste them. Sorry my blender has chewed it up for me.

Fuck the traditionalists.. tell them to go screw themselves.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

This is great Jah. I've seen so much improvement for myself and many around me noticed it too.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My juicing this morning:
Kale and purple cabbage
20140704_095728_zpslh5c094r.jpg

Beetroot, potato, orange and purple carrot, apples, cucumber, yellow bell pepper and tomatoes
20140704_095725_zpscgmhlhfp.jpg

Juicing potato:

20140704_102104_zpsphadiiaj.jpg

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

However you curse him.

? You comparing exercising with juicing? ????

Don't make any sense the way you are putting things is either juice or either exercise why not do both.

Btw when you jog what pace do you run? At a leisurely pace?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
? You comparing exercising with juicing? ????

Don't make any sense the way you are putting things is either juice or either exercise why not do both.

Btw when you jog what pace do you run? At a leisurely pace?

Still struggling with frequent gout getting better now. Did walking now.

Did u take up any exercise program?

I am doing p-90x3 along with tai cheng.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, now I starting.

Some info on gout for you: http://juicing-for-health.com/fun-free-recipes/juicing-by-health-conditions/gout-diet.html

Diet/Lifestyle Suggestions

Gout sufferers should avoid foods that are acid-forming, like processed/refined foods, flour and sugar products (e.g. cakes, pastries, biscuits), dairy products, oily or fried foods, soft drinks, alcohol and tobacco.
Other foods high in purine are like anchovies, asparagus, herring, red meat, meat gravies and broths, mushrooms, mussels, all organ meats, sardines.

Suggested juice recipe to relieve/reduce gout attack.
Another group of foods to avoid are the bean products including soya milk, bean curds, bean sprouts, bean paste, (and our local favorite, ‘tau foo fah’), etc. These vegetarian favorites have fairly high amount of purine content. Eat them in moderation. Excessive soy or bean products consumption will have your big toe tingling in no time.
Coupled with your dietary change, consider exercising regularly (at least 3 times x 30 minutes a week) and drinking plenty of water (8 to 10 glasses a day). Most gout sufferers are overweight. As they lose weight, the urate levels will also reduce and subsequently attacks may reduce.
Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, drink LOTS of water, and avoid alcohol like a plague!
Fruits and vegetables to avoid if you have gout: strawberry, durian (another local favorite!), tomato, tomato products, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, rhubarb and peas.

You can and should eat lots of vegetables but it’s nothing like drinking green vegetable juices. Green juices are so effective in cleansing out the toxins in our body, thus reducing inflammation.
Cabbage and celery have been shown to significantly reduce arthritic and gout pains. Juice them regularly with green leafy vegetables like kale and see less recurrence of your gout attack.
Carrot Green Apple Cabbage Celery
Bitter Gourd Cucumber Wheatgrass Beetroot

Ginger Kale Pineapple Papaya
Lemon Lemongrass Leeks
Beets and bitter gourds are amazing liver and kidney cleansers. They detoxify the liver and kidneys, improve their functions and protect them from excessive alcohol consumption and other toxins.
Pineapple, papaya and cucumber are excellent anti-inflammatory foods which should be included in your diet if you’re suffering from gout.

Some Suggested Combos (measurement for one portion):
2 carrots + 2 green apples + 2 ribs celery
2 carrots + 2 green apples + 3-4 leaves kale + ¼ lemon slice + thumb-size ginger
2 carrots + 2 ribs celery + 2 leaves cabbage + thumb-size ginger
2 green apples + 2 ribs celery + 1 small cucumber + ¼ lemon slice
3 green apples + 1 small cucumber + 1 small bitter gourd + ¼ lemon slice
2 carrots + 1 small cucumber + 1 medium-sized beetroot + ¼ lemon slice
1 medium-sized beetroot + ½ small pineapple + 1 small cucumber + ¼lemon slice
1 rib celery + ½ small pineapple + thumb-size ginger
1 oz wheatgrass juice neat with a squeeze of lemon
Lemongrass-ginger tea

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
More on juicing for gout remedy: http://juicing-for-health.com/fun-free-recipes/juicing-by-health-conditions/gout-diet.html

Waking up in the middle of the night with your big toe on fire isn’t a lot of fun, and any movement or pressure can be excruciating. Fortunately gout, other wise known as “gouty arthritis” or “Rich man’s disease”, may be eased or even eliminated with dietary changes and gout natural remedies .

So if you have reached this page because you are suffering from gout, chances are you know that gout is caused by too much uric acid in the blood. Foods high in purine generate high levels of uric acid in the blood and should be reduced in the diet or even eliminated for a period of time. (Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, and discuss your plans beforehand)

Foods that are high in purine include:

Organ meats like liver
Animal protein
Sardines and Anchovies
Seafood
Some vegetables – asparagus, cauliflower, spinach and mushrooms
Foods high in fructose and sucrose
Alcohol, it is recommended to avoid entirely as it inhibits the excretion of uric acid

Foods and nutrients that can act as gout natural remedies:

Vitamin C has been shown to aid in the excretion of uric acid helping to lower uric acid blood levels as a gout remedy. Also vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) may also help with uric acid excretion.

Quercetin, an antioxidant, can also help excrete uric acid and may also help to reduce inflammation. Apples are a great source of quercetin.

Dark colored fruits, particularly cherries, have been researched and shown to produce lower levels of uric acid. Other dark fruits include purple/black grapes, blueberries and blackberries.

Juicing:
Juicing is a great way of obtaining an abundance of these helpful nutrients provided we choose the right fruits and vegetables. Another added bonus with juicing is you get an intake of fluids. Proper hydration is necessary to help flush out uric acid through the urine. Here are some juicer recipes you can use as home remedies for gout which supply the above nutrients.

Gout Remedies Juice #1 – Breakfast Fruit Blend
Orange and Grapefruit Slice
3 Large oranges
1 Grapefruit

Peel, juice and enjoy. Both grapefruit and oranges are great sources of gout fighting vitamins C and B5. If grapefruit is too sharp for you swap it out for another orange.

Gout Remedies Juice #2 – Cucumber & Carrot
1/2 Cucumber
5 Medium Carrots

Top and wash carrots and peel them if they are not organic. Wash the cucumber, but no need to peel it if its organic. Juice and enjoy.
Carrot is a good source of both vitamins C and B5 and cucumber is also a good source of B5.

Gout Remedies Juice #3 – Apple & Pear
2 Apples
1 Pear

Remove stems from apples and pears but don’t peal off the skin. Both these 2 fruits are great sources of quercetins. A lot of the quercetins are found in the skins of these fruits so be sure to juice them with the skins on.

Gout Remedies Juice #4 – Cherry Juice
Cherries
5 cups of cherries

This one is a bit of work as the pits will damage your juicer. So you will need to remove the pits from them yourself. You will see that you need a lot of cherries to get a good amount of juice for this home remedy for gout. Alternatively, I recommend a cherry juice concentrate drink, that is one of the best, if not the best in the market.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am not sure if this is helpful but worth to post it: https://sites.google.com/site/icuredmygout/

Emergency Gout Treatments

If the pain is unbearable due to an acute gout attack, I do the following in order of importance:
PROMPTLY go to the doctor or a hospital for an injection of steroid or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It can relieve the pain instantly. Or, ask the doctor for some narcotic pain reliever which can greatly reduce the severe pain.

Or, take the medicine for treating gout attack the doctor prescribed -- usually Indomethacin, another NSAID, Colchicine, or Prednisone. If the doctor is unavailable take a over-the-counter (OTC) NSAID such as Ibuprofen or Naproxen, until seeing a doctor. For OTC NSAIDs, American Academy of Family Physicians recommends the following for treating acute gout attacks. Reduce the dosage as the attack subsides.
Indomethacin (Rx) 25~50 mg 4 times a day, or
Ibuprofen (OTC) 800 mg 4 times a day, or
Naproxen (OTC) 500 mg 2 times a day, or other NSAIDs (Note . Acetaminophen is not anti-inflammatory and is not as helpful as an NSAID.)

Apply an FDA-approved topical anesthetic spray, gel, cream, or lotion to the gout attack sites to numb the skin to relieve the surface pain. These products are available over the counter and aren't very expensive (read the product direction before applying).

DO NOT take aspirin. It will worsen the attack. Also avoid alcohol, acidic foods and drinks, carbonated drinks, loop and thiazide diuretics, niacin, vitamin C, dehydration, crash dieting, low carbohydrate diet, starvation, and change in medication. They will worsen and prolong the attack.

Have doctor's approval before trying this: drink 1/2 (flat) teaspoon (2.5 grams) of baking soda in a glass of water once before going to bed, once after getting up in the morning, and every 2-4 hours in between when the stomach is not very full -- up to a total of 7 times a day maximum for no more than 2 weeks. It can make Indomethacin and other NSAIDs more effective and may even eradicate gout. It may temporary raise the blood pressure. Cut salt intake. Monitor the blood pressure if one is hypertensive. Stop taking baking soda if the blood pressure becomes too high. Read Section 2.7 below for other possible side effects.

DO NOT initiate Allopurinol or Probenecid during the gout attack. They will lower the blood uric acid level suddenly, and will worsen and prolong the attack. Start them gradually in increased dosages 4~6 weeks after gout attack is completely gone, preferably with Indomethacin, colchicine, etc. to avoid another gout attack. However, if they were initiated before the attack, do not stop and keep taking them.

Drink 10-12 glasses of ALKALINE water (pH>7) a day.

Eat 30-40 dark or bright colored cherries or berries, or drink equivalent amount of their fresh juice every 4 hours. They contain anthocyanins which is anti-inflammatory and can ease the attack. AVOID oranges, cranberries, tomatoes, pineapples and most of other fruits and fruit juices because they are very acidic and can worsen the gout attacks.

Remove the shoes, socks, or clothing from the attack sites and avoid any stress on them.

Ice the red, hot, and painful attack sites for 10-15 minutes at a time, several times a day. It can ease the pain. After the acute attacks have subsided, soak the attack sites in warm/hot water and gently massage the jell- or dough-like exudate to help the swelling go down faster. See section 3.30 for more on icing.

Elevate the attack sites above the heart level to help drain the body fluids and relieve the pain.

Rest until gout is completely gone -- usually in several days to a few weeks. Premature used of the attacked joints may prolong or bring back the attack.

Learn more about gout to prevent and treat future attacks. Gout is an insidious monster. It often starts with an innocent twinge at night or when one is tired and inattentive. If one does not take gout medicine in a few hours after the first sign of gout, it becomes more difficult to treat; takes no gout medicine in 12 hours, it becomes a war. Do not leave town without bringing gout medicine to the trip.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I juice 3 stalks of celery and a couple of stalks of spinach and parsley every other day. Down it with three scoops of honey. Provides loads of energy just before my jog.

Every day, also makan two apples, an orange, and also other types of vegetables like cherry tomoatoes or brocolli. All raw except the brocolli. The apples in particular help cool the body down. You can really feel the difference. Heart rate even slows, and chest does not feel so heavy, and don't feel so prickly even in the hot weather.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pure cold press pomegranate in Chinatown Bangkok. Went there to buy shiitake mushroom and saw this. 50 baht per bottle or $2. Bought 3 bottles to drink, shiok.

[video=youtube;-50ygBSsWXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-50ygBSsWXw[/video]