• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pure cold press pomegranate in Chinatown Bangkok. Went there to buy shiitake mushroom and saw this. 50 baht per bottle or $2. Bought 3 bottles to drink, shiok....

As a visiting tourist I find it easy to visit get to Siam Paragon by MRT. The Supermarket at the basement has a vast array of juices & fruits. I always stock up & store them in the hotel room fridge. :smile:

[video=youtube;nPPePN01r7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPPePN01r7Y&hl=en-GB&gl=SG[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a visiting tourist I find it easy to visit get to Siam Paragon by MRT. The Supermarket at the basement has a vast array of juices & fruits. I always stock up & store them in the hotel room fridge. :smile:

As a tourist you want to buy fruits and veggies? I suggest you stay at service apartment hotels rather than traditional ones cos they have microwave, knives, etc most kitchen utensils so you can cut up, juice, blend your fruits.veggies. Hotels won't have that and there are low -so to high so service apartments same as the hotels but the former will always have all the neccsaary stuff available.
Very affordable too and there are also expensive ones too. Since it's thailand comfortable accomodation isn't a problem.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a tourist you want to buy fruits and veggies? I suggest you stay at service apartment hotels rather than traditional ones cos they have microwave, knives, etc most kitchen utensils so you can cut up, juice, blend your fruits.veggies. Hotels won't have that and there are low -so to high so service apartments same as the hotels but the former will always have all the neccsaary stuff available.
Very affordable too and there are also expensive ones too. Since it's thailand comfortable accomodation isn't a problem.

I've stayed at serviced apartments in the past but never did any cooking.

You can find ready made juices & cut fruits at the Supermarkets in BKK & Pattaya. It might not be as fresh as making it yourself but you don't need to forego juicing when one is holidaying in LOS. Unfortunately I tend to over eat when I am in LOS because there is so much variety:o

bazoo

Hi everyone, saw this threads while googling for slow juicer. So register looking for advise if the hurom hu-700 really good? Cos i can't decide this between the kuvings B6000? Thanks.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Love Kale: http://theunboundedspirit.com/5-amazing-health-benefits-of-kale/

5 Amazing Health Benefits of Kale

If kale was a boxer, it would be a heavyweight champion because it is definitely a superfood powerhouse. One cup of cooked kale contains 1327.6% of your daily vitamin K, vitamin A is 354.1%, and vitamin C is 88.8%. There are many benefits of kale: it contains major nutrients such as iron, calcium, protein, copper, potassium, tryptophan, B vitamins, magnesium, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, folate, phosphorus, and manganese. Kale is also a great source of fiber, and contains only 33 calories per cup.

Some more benefits of kale include its sulfur-containing phytonutrients, including isothiocyanates, glucosinolates, zeaxanthin, luteins, sulforaphane, kampferol, indole-3-carboxylic acid, sinigrin, and quercetin. Phytonutrients are important to help with your body’s functioning, while it may also help prevent disease.
Put down your salad and let me interrupt your kale crunching for another few minutes. Here are five major benefits of kale!

1. An Abundance of Vitamin K
Kale starts with K, which might be why it’s such a great source of vitamin K. The powerful antioxidant vitamin can help halt cancer in its track when patients digest this superfood—just one of the many benefits of kale. Vitamin K also helps with bone health, antioxidant activity, and preventing blood clotting.
Because kale contains so much vitamin K, people taking anticoagulants or blood thinners should see a doctor before eating kale. This is because the high level of vitamin K may cause interference with the drugs.

2. Kale Protects Against Cancers
It’s not just kale’s vitamin K that protects you from developing cancers, as another one of the benefits of kale, vitamin A, also plays a part in preventing lung and oral cavity cancers from forming.
Also, when you digest kale, your body converts glucosinolates to create cancer preventive compounds. When you routinely eat healthy foods such as kale, you decrease the risk of cancers such as bladder, prostate, and ovarian.

3. Stops Inflammation in its Tracks
Kale contains omega-3, which is potentially important for anti-inflammation. One cup of kale contains 5.4% of the recommended daily value of omega-3 fatty acids, helping against anti-inflammation concerns, such as autoimmune disorders, asthma, and arthritis—talk about the amazing benefits of kale. Vitamin K is also great for your body’s inflammatory regulation.

4. Essential for Your Vision
As soon as you first laid eyes on kale, did you know it would help your eyes? Well, healthy foods like kale boost eye vision too. Kale is a great source of zeaxanthin and lutein, containing 26 grams combined, for every 67 gram serving. Steady consumption of the phytonutrients may prevent macular degeneration and other retinal decreases.

5. Essential for Detoxification
With various processed foods potentially carcinogenic, the sulforaphane in kale helps your body detox enzymes to flush that unwanted substance from your system. Sulfur and fiber are also essential for your body’s detoxification, while healthy liver maintenance provide more benefits of kale. Another reason to add kale to your list of healthy foods!

Kale Concerns: Go Organic!
Kale and other leafy greens such as collard greens, lettuce, chard and spinach are all listed on theEnvironmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen. When these vegetables are sprayed with pesticides, the chemical residue tends to remain.
It is in your best interest to purchase organic kale to avoid consuming these pesticides, plus the prices are usually fairly similar.
- See more at: http://theunboundedspirit.com/5-amazing-health-benefits-of-kale/#sthash.IAc9eenq.dpuf

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

[video=youtube;nPPePN01r7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPPePN01r7Y&hl=en-GB&gl=SG[/video]

Do you bring a juicer along when you are travelling?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi everyone, saw this threads while googling for slow juicer. So register looking for advise if the hurom hu-700 really good? Cos i can't decide this between the kuvings B6000? Thanks.

No idea about Kuving. The Hurom had served me well past 3 months. Very happy with it. You can google and find out in Youtube.

[video=youtube;HYUgflqwUBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYUgflqwUBQ[/video]

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just sharing:
http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-...ourish-your-cells-with-fresh-vegetable-juices

HOW TO CLEANSE AND NOURISH YOUR CELLS WITH FRESH VEGETABLE JUICES

I'm often asked to name one thing that can be done right away to get healthier. With respect to food choices, the best suggestion I have is to begin drinking freshly pressed vegetable juices. Drinking just one freshly pressed juice each day is a reliable way of infusing your body with a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that can protect your cells against premature aging and disease.

Almost everyone who has studied nutrition can agree that freshly pressed vegetable juices are highly beneficial to human health. But few people make time to prepare and drink them regularly.

Making time to drink vegetable juices isn’t a problem for most people. It’s the time that is needed to wash fresh vegetables, feed them through a good juicer, and clean the juicer afterward that prevents most people from making fresh juices a regular part of their lives.

So the first step to incorporating juicing into your life is to fully understand how good it is for your health and why making time to do it daily is one of the very best investments you can make.

The Right Ingredients

The key to making healthy vegetable juices is to make green vegetables the bulk of every serving. Green vegetables won’t spike your blood sugar and insulin level like fruits and sweet vegetables like carrots and red beets will.

This is not to say that you can’t juice fruits, carrots, and red beets. Fruits and sweet root vegetables can be healthy additions to your drinks, and they'll definitely add sweetness and flavor. You just want to make sure that they never make up more than one-third of each glass that you drink.

And if you have a problem controlling your blood sugar level, you’ll want to use a blood sugar monitor to determine how much is acceptable for you. I’ve worked with dozens of diabetics over the years who haven’t been able to handle even an ounce of fruit, carrot, or red beet juice in their drinks without negative health consequences, so please consider this point before you select your ingredients for juicing.

Romaine lettuce is one of the best green vegetables that you can juice. You can also juice other types of green, leafy lettuce like red or green leaf lettuce.

For variety, try adding large handfuls of kale, Swiss chard, collard greens, Bok Choy, and any other dark green vegetable that you might steam before eating.

For another layer of flavor, you can add a tiny slice of lemon (including the rind for its flavonoids) to your vegetable juices.

Some people enjoy adding a clove of raw garlic for even more bite.

Be creative and add any vegetables you crave. You really can’t go wrong as long as you make sure not to use too many carrots, red beets, or fruits.

Clearly, organic vegetables are better than non-organic vegetables. But my experiences have led me to believe that the health benefits of drinking juices made with well washed, non-organic vegetables far outweigh not juicing at all. If you are only able to juice non-organic vegetables due to financial or other life circumstances, it’s still well worth your while to do so.

Preparing to Juice

We like to fill up the kitchen sink with cold water and dunk all of our vegetables for a good five minutes. Before we pull all the vegetables out to sit in a colander to dry off a bit, we shake them around in the cold water to make sure that we’ve removed any dirt or even bugs that may be hiding in the vegetables, particularly in heads of celery and lettuce.

If we know that we need to make a few gallons of vegetable juice over several days, we store washed carrots and ribs of celery in containers full of water in the refrigerator.

We store leaves of lettuce spread out and stacked vertically in a container with layers of paper towel in between each layer of lettuce to help absorb excess moisture. Fresh lettuce can last a whole week or more when stored in this fashion.

If you’re really pressed for time and want to make enough juice to last three to four days, you can make a big batch and store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator - not as good as drinking right after pressing, but still likely better than drinking store-bought fruit juices or even vegetable cocktails like V8.

The Art of Juicing

Juicing is, for the most part, quite easy to do. You make sure that your vegetables are small or crunch-able enough to fit through the feeding mechanism of your juicer, and you push them in one at a time.

It's best to juice soft vegetables like leafy greens first, as they are a bit harder to push through the extraction mechanism than firmer vegetables like carrots and celery. Firmer vegetables like carrots and celery can actually help to push any bits of softer vegetables that are deep within the feeding tube of your juicer but not yet
completely through the extraction mechanism.

With leafy greens, we find that it is best to roll them up into small balls before feeding them through the juicer. This helps prevent a single leaf from getting stuck between the feeding tube of your juicer and the plunger that you use to push the vegetables down.

Fruits, like firmer vegetables, can be added near the end, as you are unlikely to have a problem with pushing them down and through the extraction mechanism with the plunger.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Kns including tomorrow, I have not been juicing got 10 days. Ok Monday when get back will surely juice.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you bring a juicer along when you are travelling?

A juicer is too big & heavy to take around when I travel. In LOS I would get ready cut fruits from the supermarket. There are also juice bars in places like Bangkok.

On a recent trip I brought along a cannister of dehydrated super fruits http://www.iherb.com/Madre-Labs-Eur...US&w=madre labs superfoods&rc=63&sr=null&ic=9

It is in powdered form & I simply mix with water for a nutritious drink. Each day I would take triple doses twice a day.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally after 11 days

Last night

This morning

Had about 800cc shared about 400cc with maid

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, i have juice on every friday / sat / sun / monday. it is 1000ml.

last friday:
grape fruits / oranges

saturday
green apple / cucumber / salary

sunday
pineapple / oranges

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yes, i have juice on every friday / sat / sun / monday. it is 1000ml.

last friday:
grape fruits / oranges

saturday
green apple / cucumber / salary

sunday
pineapple / oranges

Try vegetable juice..

I just juiced 10 Kale stalks / 4 purple cabbage leaves (big ones) / 1 cucumber / 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes /1 medium size beetroot / 3 carrots / 1 medium size potato / 1 lemon / 2 red apples
( All organic )
about 1200 ml

it feels great.. adding lemon to it perks you up. It feels like you just finish a good 10km run but it is not the same.. the shiok feeling is internally whereas running gives you shiok feeling externally.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried Kale a few times and it is a good juice because I notice that my shit turns black and i suspect it contains Chlorophyll

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I tried Kale a few times and it is a good juice because I notice that my shit turns black and i suspect it contains Chlorophyll

Vegetable juices enhances detoxification.. and in my case, unsinkification as well.