• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is AWARE silent on sexual harassment?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, like I said before, GROW UP! If you are chiobee, expect men to hit on you. If you are chiobu, grow up fast and learn how to flirt and how to handle men's advances. Sinkies deserve a nanny state. They just can't stand on their own two feet. You need buayas and sharks like good old Jack to separate the real women from the girls.

Without people like Wendy, many wouldn't have known about the jackass. It's easy for you to say to stay away from him. BUt you talk kok! Before his sexual harassment case became public, not many knew. Actually the lau chiauws knew but the young and gullible didn't know.

And this actually works very well for the jackass because his sexual harassment works better with the young and gullible.

Behavious such as the jackass isnt human. It is more like animal!

R

redlightmeansgo

Kingrant, anyone who provide some balance - citing possibilities on both sides - will immediately be abused by the likes of the chaopappy, dmode101, stage5, cooleo, redlightmeansgo etc etc etc.

Intimidation & blind hatred reveal their intellectual poverty & moral cowardice to have civil discussions without insinuating, labelling etc

Count the number of adjectives and phrases suggesting condemnation and contempt you've used in in this sentence alone and you'd have turned yourself into an intellectual cul-de-sac, guilty of the same crime you're insinuating against everyone else, pompous ass!

If you can't take real intellectual rigour, or some hard talk, then go somewhere else.

Go sit on the fence, maybe that's where your pompous ass belongs

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, Jack Neo must be shown up.

But make a distinction here : Foyce, Maelle had the common sense to say 'no' to his advance. Maelle, with Mum backing, actually considered police report. Foyce, understandably do not want to kick up a storm in view of her newbie status & desire to stay in industry. But to her credit, she spoke up now. Better late than never. Of course, she can't stop people questioning her PR motives.

Seriously, if by revealing what happen to her can have any positive "PR" impact for, her then she could very well had spilled the beans much earlier on.

And If you know anything about sexual harassment at all, you'd understand that just like molestation or even rape. Many a victims esp. the younger ones, will not speak up because of fear of reprisal from the offender, or fear that no one will believe them.

Because more often than not the offender is some person of a authoritative figure, or someone perceived as having power over the victim. Foyce is the classic case of a victim that kept silence due to this fear, and spoke up when she felt it was safe to do so, only after knowing she was not the only one.

Worst scenario are the confused ones that don't even know they are being taken advantage of, and even perceive it as affection. I'd say Wendy belongs in this category. These girls most likely where taught from young if they behave a certain way than bad things will happen to them. So if something bad happens, the blame will be on them. Sad really!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, sexual harassment like rape is about contest of will and power. I have said before, the girls who triumphed after an experiience will grow up to be real women. Unless you are held against yr will by physical force -which amounts to rape - every young lass worth her assets should learn to say No without offending the predator. If you are not up to it, as I have also said before, go join some vocation where it's safer or where you feel you can better be in control. C'mon, it's a jungle out there!

Sinkies! Always complaining abt a nanny state, but at same time, clamouring for mother hens, of which I see we have plenty in this forum.

Seriously, if by revealing what happen to her can have any positive "PR" impact for, her then she could very well had spilled the beans much earlier on.

And If you know anything about sexual harassment at all, you'd understand that just like molestation or even rape. Many a victims esp. the younger ones, will not speak up because of fear of reprisal from the offender, or fear that no one will believe them.

Because more often than not the offender is some person of a authoritative figure, or someone perceived as having power over the victim. Foyce is the classic case of a victim that kept silence due to this fear, and spoke up when she felt it was safe to do so, only after knowing she was not the only one.

Worst scenario are the confused ones that don't even know they are being taken advantage of, and even perceive it as affection. I'd say Wendy belongs in this category. These girls most likely where taught from young if they behave a certain way than bad things will happen to them. So if something bad happens, the blame will be on them. Sad really!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And If you know anything about sexual harassment at all, you'd understand that just like molestation or even rape. Many a victims esp. the younger ones, will not speak up because of fear of reprisal from the offender, or fear that no one will believe them........Foyce is the classic case of a victim that kept silence due to this fear, and spoke up when she felt it was safe to do so, only after knowing she was not the only one.
Fully agree. She's brave, releasing album soon & in Chinese Press, people suspect she wants publicity. So what, it's still courage. BTW, anything I write suggest I am not anti-sexual harrassment ?

Agree poor Wendy very sad for her. She resisted for 1 month, but fall for & want to believe jack, a married man, truly loves her. She should know she is not entirely to be blamed, but can't say she was forced, she could have been like Foyce.

Anyway, lessons for all young girls like Kingrant so ruthlessly put it.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, like I said before, GROW UP! If you are chiobee, expect men to hit on you. If you are chiobu, grow up fast and learn how to flirt and how to handle men's advances. Sinkies deserve a nanny state. They just can't stand on their own two feet. You need buayas and sharks like good old Jack to separate the real women from the girls.

Htting on someone once, maybe twice is quite acceptable. BUT to do it incessantly constitutes harrassment. And if the harassment includes sex then it becomes sexual harassment.

It's as simple as that. You have issues understanding what the crime is and who the victim is. I asked you question before and you have not answered.

Let me try it again -
A robber brings a knife and uses it to stab a man to rob him. The man manges to overpower the robber after being stabbed once. The man manages to stab the robber and hurts the robber quite jialat.

Who is the victim?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Count the number of adjectives and phrases suggesting condemnation and contempt you've used in in this sentence alone and you'd have turned yourself into an intellectual cul-de-sac, guilty of the same crime you're insinuating against everyone else, pompous ass!

If you can't take real intellectual rigour, or some hard talk, then go somewhere else.

Go sit on the fence, maybe that's where your pompous ass belongs

Damn right I have nothing but contempt for hooligans...
Pompous my ass, aren't you one too, you love this 'intellectual rigor' bombastic phrase that you have to used it twice .... but try showing it in reasoned arguments instead of smart alec 'hard talk' as shown in your own para,

Show me some ideas, content & 'meat' instead of one liners, sycophant !

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yr analogy sad to say does not accurately reflect the facts here.

Let me repaint the scenario.

If you walk down a cul-de-sac and at the end of it, you see some old man with a knuckleduster, and he tries once to accost you. If you do not retreat when you could without being injured further, and if you persist in going down that road, and you are hit and hit again. Would the victim deserve my sympathies?

Let me try it again -
A robber brings a knife and uses it to stab a man to rob him. The man manges to overpower the robber after being stabbed once. The man manages to stab the robber and hurts the robber quite jialat.

Who is the victim?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yr analogy sad to say does not accurately reflect the facts here.

Let me repaint the scenario.

If you walk down a cul-de-sac and at the end of it, you see some old man with a knuckleduster, and he tries once to accost you. If you do not retreat when you could without being injured further, and if you persist in going down that road, and you are hit and hit again. Would the victim deserve my sympathies?

YOu mean to work in the entertainment industry as a researcher or lighting person is similar to walking down a cul-de-sac. Or someone attending a class for acting is someone that is asking for trouble? You make my sacs laugh!:biggrin:

SIOW!

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are not up to it, as I have also said before, go join some vocation where it's safer or where you feel you can better be in control. C'mon, it's a jungle out there!

Sinkies! Always complaining abt a nanny state, but at same time, clamouring for mother hens, of which I see we have plenty in this forum.

Really? You mean sexual harassment only applies to certain industries, and in the entertainment industry it's free for all, must expect to get sexual harassed? Hahaha, you're funny!

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? You mean sexual harassment only applies to certain industries, and in the entertainment industry it's free for all, must expect to get sexual harassed? Hahaha, you're funny!

You are right, he damn farny. His analogy on the cul-de-sac made my cute-two-sacs laugh a lot. :biggrin:

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agree. She's brave, releasing album soon & in Chinese Press, people suspect she wants publicity. So what, it's still courage. BTW, anything I write suggest I am not anti-sexual harrassment ?

So you are? Good for you!

Agree poor Wendy very sad for her. She resisted for 1 month, but fall for & want to believe jack, a married man, truly loves her. She should know she is not entirely to be blamed, but can't say she was forced, she could have been like Foyce.

Anyway, lessons for all young girls like Kingrant so ruthlessly put it.

What lessons? He's saying if young girls wanted to work for DOM Jack Neo they need to please him sexually. And don't complain if they do, if not go find somewhere else to work.

Insane! :biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to improve yr power of comprehension before you engage in such forums. It's a jungle out there, and if you're not pleased, check out and press escape. You are saying we have to make the whole world so safe before you and your protected chickens can come out to play? Really, you are funny!

chansy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, applaud a home-wrecker and a publicity maniac like Wendy Chong.....last time I consulted a biology text book it takes two individuals to have sex and since there has been no cry of rape here it must have been consensual. What's her motive.....did the money to keep her quiet run out (ironically money no enough?)

The only people Jack Neo owes apologies to are his family, not voyeuristic people gleefully intruding into his private affairs and certainly not to the women who entered into a relationship with him knowing full well that he's a married man. In fact, they should apologise to his family!!!

Both Jack and the women are in the wrong here let's not burn one at the stake and let the others escape.

BTW.....it seems that Christian bashing is the favourite past-time of some netizens and the Singapore media.....please tell me which religion in Singapore condones and encourages adultery??? It is not the fault of the church if a member of its flock strays.