• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is AWARE silent on sexual harassment?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wendy Chong should be applauded for ending, temporarily at least, the vile sexual harassments of the jackass. AWARE is silent and it should make everyone wonder what they are here for?

Singapore does not have Sexual Harassment laws. Please write to AWARE and tekan them for keeping quiet.

http://www.management-issues.co.uk/2008/7/18/blog/singapore-struggles-with-sexual-harassment.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment

THis your opportunity to whack the MIWs and their kakis. Mai tu liao!
AWARE Centre
Association of Women for Action & Research
Block 5 Dover Crescent #01-22
Singapore 130005

Tel +65 6779 7137
Fax +65 6777 0318

Helpline 1800 774 5935

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know Wendy Chong was not the one who harassed JN into sex? It's her word against his. Ditto for all the other cheapskates and OUTs who thought they could milk publicity over the whole affair. Poor Jack Neo shld be protected from jerks like you guys and media harassment too. We need an organisation like AWARE for men!

Wendy Chong should be applauded for ending, temporarily at least, the vile sexual harassments of the jackass. AWARE is silent and it should make everyone wonder what they are here for?

Singapore does not have Sexual Harassment laws. Please write to AWARE and tekan them for keeping quiet.

http://www.management-issues.co.uk/2008/7/18/blog/singapore-struggles-with-sexual-harassment.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment

THis your opportunity to whack the MIWs and their kakis. Mai tu liao!
AWARE Centre
Association of Women for Action & Research
Block 5 Dover Crescent #01-22
Singapore 130005

Tel +65 6779 7137
Fax +65 6777 0318

Helpline 1800 774 5935

R

redlightmeansgo

The fact that AWARE is now headed by a closet lesbian suggests

1. it is recalcitrant and intends to continue pursuing its own veiled interests.

2. Unless Wendy and co seek recourse, AWARE will not dirty its hands trying to fight someone else's cause. Being full of feminist bravura is one thing, being able to punch above your political weight and make real social changes is another.

Remember, there is no real union culture in Sinkie. Any interest group exists at best for masturbatory purposes. You scratch my back, and I scratch yours, at the end of the day, we both go home satisfied.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal

You seem to be very supportive of WC, are you a relative or do you have some ulterior motive? From the unfolding events, I think WC has shown that she is quite prepared to punish JN by going public on this. I believe she is capable of lodging charges herself if she wants to.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know Wendy Chong was not the one who harassed JN into sex? It's her word against his.

It's not only Wendy Chong's word. Both Foyce Le Xuan and the then 16yr Maelle Meurzec have indicated quite clearly they were harassed by Neo, I believe Maelle even made a police report on him.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got a bone to pick with Jackass?
You have to deal with George Yeo and Kong Hee Fatt Choy and his whole gang of fanatics too. Powderful!!

dont forget the Jteam's gangsters like chao ah beng Mark Lee and old timer Ah Nan.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
It coming to be apparent that Jteam operates like a high crass brothel with jackass as head pimp getting to taste the goods first. followed by his "motley entourage" of ministars and shady pastors. The only logical reason could they have involved themselves in one way or another in this sleaze fest.

Sounds like a good movie.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you know Wendy Chong was not the one who harassed JN into sex? It's her word against his. Ditto for all the other cheapskates and OUTs who thought they could milk publicity over the whole affair. Poor Jack Neo shld be protected from jerks like you guys and media harassment too. We need an organisation like AWARE for men!

Kingrant, anyone who provide some balance - citing possibilities on both sides - will immediately be abused by the likes of the chaopappy, dmode101, stage5, cooleo, redlightmeansgo etc etc etc.

Intimidation & blind hatred reveal their intellectual poverty & moral cowardice to have civil discussions without insinuating, labelling etc

Some have deep seated issues like chaopappy and his obsession with crusading against sexual harrassment. There must be a reason for his unbridled rage. Legacy issues & deeply traumatized, one wonders whether to empathize with him or fear his insane lashing out. I have been cited by him & warned for being 'RUDE'. So I am keeping my distance from suspected rabies-ridden poodles.

The rest like cooleo, just a mischievous vagabond. No need to stoop to his level of idiocy.

I may disagree with you from time to time, but I always detect a modicum of effort in applying common sense & reason in your propositions.

Sadly, the same can't be said for the emotional mob who have difficulty dealing with greys & must quickly paint detractors as PAPPIES or 'supporters' of Jack Neo's philandering.

'Littlefish', thanks for noticing Chaopappy's obsession in speaking up for Wendy Chong. You read his earlier postings, Jack Neo seem to have done something evil to someone he knew so he is nursing some inner hurt. Empathize with him ok, even if he can't empathize with the suffering Mrs Neo & their innocent children.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. It's all about Being Human.

It coming to be apparent that Jteam operates like a high crass brothel with jackass as head pimp getting to taste the goods first. followed by his "motley entourage" of ministars and shady pastors. The only logical reason could they have involved themselves in one way or another in this sleaze fest.

Sounds like a good movie.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno abt the 16 yr old, but Foyce took 6 long years to come to her senses. Lol.

There is a choice - the word to be used is NO. I dont believe their vocabs are so bad.

It's not only Wendy Chong's word. Both Foyce Le Xuan and the then 16yr Maelle Meurzec have indicated quite clearly they were harassed by Neo, I believe Maelle even made a police report on him.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks. It's OK.I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. I was (as Scroobal says) just yanking people's chains, and also trying to be as kuai lan as possible.

Kingrant, anyone who provide some balance - citing possibilities on both sides - will immediately be abused by the likes of the chaopappy, dmode101, stage5, cooleo, redlightmeansgo etc etc etc.

I may disagree with you from time to time, but I always detect a modicum of effort in applying common sense & reason in your propositions.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno abt the 16 yr old, but Foyce took 6 long years to come to her senses. Lol.

There is a choice - the word to be used is NO. I dont believe their vocabs are so bad.

Exactly! That is why we need to show up jerks like Jack Neo for what they are.

So that young girls like Foyce, Wendy and Maelle don't have to be afraid of dirty old bastards like Neo and just suffer in silence, before as you put it "coming to their senses".

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So that young girls like Foyce, Wendy and Maelle don't have to be afraid of dirty old bastards like Neo and just suffer in silence, before as you put it "coming to their senses".

Agree, Jack Neo must be shown up.

But make a distinction here : Foyce, Maelle had the common sense to say 'no' to his advance. Maelle, with Mum backing, actually considered police report. Foyce, understandably do not want to kick up a storm in view of her newbie status & desire to stay in industry. But to her credit, she spoke up now. Better late than never. Of course, she can't stop people questioning her PR motives.

Wendy didn't exactly 'suffer in silence'. She entertainment notions of romance with a married man who 'loves her' & in her own words, want to carry on with Jack ''for as long as God allow'.

The right & wrong between Wendy & Jack - to each his own.

Society norms are married man shouldn't stray - but in reality?
Society norms are girls should not enter relationship with married man - Foyce did NOT, Wendy did.

As for your "don't have to be afraid of dirty old bastards like Neo".
I agree. Both the dun fear part & that Neo is DOM.

'suffer in silence'? Don't like the harrassment, just report police lor.

To hear Foyce's account, jackass offer carrot : special treatment if let him have his way. But no big stick - not purposely targetted/picked on, just kenna ignored & opportunities removed.

Using favours for wilful purposes is despicable but part of office politics everywhere.

Bottom line is: good lessons for all young girls from the different response of Foyce & Wendy. Both are in different situations now.

As for big bad wolf Jack Neo - undisputed right ? can make these species disappear from the face of earth ?

If not, beware & be vigilant. That is my message to all my children..... I can't prevent the likes of Jack Neo preying in future with sweet-nothings & bribes, but I can definitely tell my daughters DON'T BE LIKE WENDY CHONG - end up you suffer even if Jack Neo is jailed or hanged.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does "showing up jerks like JN for what they are" help "young girls....don't have to be afraid of DOBs like Neo...."?

Nobody needs to show anybody up to be anything to help anybody. Nobody owes anybody a living. So if you dont like Neo, stay away and dont act in his movies. It's also morally dubious for someone like Foyce to pass as a sweet innocent lamb to come out and act like Mother Theresa after enjoying herself.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does "showing up jerks like JN for what they are" help "young girls....don't have to be afraid of DOBs like Neo...."?

Nobody needs to show anybody up to be anything to help anybody. Nobody owes anybody a living. So if you dont like Neo, stay away and dont act in his movies. It's also morally dubious for someone like Foyce to pass as a sweet innocent lamb to come out and act like Mother Theresa after enjoying herself.

Without people like Wendy, many wouldn't have known about the jackass. It's easy for you to say to stay away from him. BUt you talk kok! Before his sexual harassment case became public, not many knew. Actually the lau chiauws knew but the young and gullible didn't know.

And this actually works very well for the jackass because his sexual harassment works better with the young and gullible.

Behavious such as the jackass isnt human. It is more like animal!