• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why does the NEA tear down and rebuiilt hawker centres so frequently?

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am quite wary of the games NEA might be playing... most people dont even renovate their own homes as often ...

If you have to rebuild a hawker less than 5 years after the last time you did it, that means either you are wasting taxpayers money or you didnt do a proper job the last time around....

Has anybody gone and checked out the composition of their nearby hawkers' committee? Full of PAP types and contractors waiting for some "fresh action" i was told....

any thoughts about this please?

I am sick and tired of the wanton waste and lack of accountability....

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
because there will be "special people" who will profit from all this constructions, demolishing etc. Just walk around your neighborhood and see all the useless junk and unnecessary builts etc. like an overhead bridge that can be build-ed shorter but instead they make it a merry go round. Ministries also have this ridicules mindset of spending every single dime of their allocated yearly revenue just so it does not return back to the central government.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you know why I said in the past if you see spg flag being hung at certain units in a private estate during national day, very likely is a pappy porlumpar contractor:confused:

I am quite wary of the games NEA might be playing... most people dont even renovate their own homes as often ...

If you have to rebuild a hawker less than 5 years after the last time you did it, that means either you are wasting taxpayers money or you didnt do a proper job the last time around....

Has anybody gone and checked out the composition of their nearby hawkers' committee? Full of PAP types and contractors waiting for some "fresh action" i was told....

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the single lane flyover next to lau pa sak at shenton way, the flyover still there :confused:

because there will be "special people" who will profit from all this constructions, demolishing etc. Just walk around your neighborhood and see all the useless junk and unnecessary builts etc. like an overhead bridge that can be build-ed shorter but instead they make it a merry go round. Ministries also have this ridicules mindset of spending every single dime of their allocated yearly revenue just so it does not return back to the central government.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of my favorite food outlet had went through all these wayang upgrades. Place do look newer but have lost all it's characteristic. Worst is after upgrades, prices goes up.

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suspect PAP want to gain support from some companies so come up with a idea to renovate hawker centres every 5 yrs.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah i never understood why some clowns do that within a condo.... if you wanna do it then everybody does it... if not you look like you are trying to show up the rest as some unpatriotic types or something.

Then again maybe the other occupiers may very well be FTs

:smile:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So that NEA can increase rental frequently lor.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of my favorite food outlet had went through all these wayang upgrades. Place do look newer but have lost all it's characteristic. Worst is after upgrades, prices goes up.

The saddest example is what happened to all that character of the former Tiong Bahru market...sighs...

It never was the same after they built that hawker centre...

all the wonderful magical ambience is completely erased....what was the govt thinking ....

Last edited:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the single lane flyover next to lau pa sak at shenton way, the flyover still there :confused:

er.... they removed that bridge about 2 years ago already dude... now its a relatively smooth 5 lane drive (at long last!!!) down Cross street all the way past OG into the CTE ....

It took them about 15 years to get the road works in that area finally all sorted out man!!!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info. I always skirt round shenton way to avoid jam when in sgp:o

er.... they removed that bridge about 2 years ago already dude... now its a relatively smooth 5 lane drive (at long last!!!) down Cross street all the way past OG into the CTE ....

It took them about 15 years to get the road works in that area finally all sorted out man!!!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The saddest example is what happened to all that character of the former Tiong Bahru market...sighs...

It never was the same after they built that hawker centre...

all the wonderful magical ambience is completely erased....what was the govt thinking ....
Hehehehe. How the hell did you know I am talking about Tiong Bahru HC ???!! The other one is Maxwell Road.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehehehe. How the hell did you know I am talking about Tiong Bahru HC ???!! The other one is Maxwell Road.

Some of these places have to be totally renovated to make them better ... good example is the East Coast Food centre...

but the Tiong Bahru hawker centre is full of heritage and memories man

As for Maxwell Road....a lot of the old stalls are gone ...i really miss the mixed Pig innards soup at the back....

just like how i miss the old national library,... the old national theatre (which till today i still dont understand why they tore that down because that site is completely empty all this time)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are others... I have noticed...one I frequent & one day, went there to eat & saw the huge banner UPGRADING in progress , open in xx months.. gee! that place just upgraded with much fanfare just a few years back & I told myself, UPGRADE again? I was puzzled...the place is still brand new...prices have gone up, quality of food had gone down.. who financially gains from all these..not me, not you..YOU KNOW WHO!!!

Heshe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow wee Wow wee. This THREAD is God-send, really. I dont know the anwer BUT I am only too happpy to post what I know. In fact I was wondering FOR damn damn looooooong time that how come NO ONE is AWARE the DAMN DAMN FUCKING PAP wasteful OF tax payers HARD-EARNED blood $$$,$$$.00 for mamy many years.

Look HERE - fccking hope opposition I ' BIG BIG - ABC hawker centre in Jalan Bt MERAH was teared down once, reno twice which MEANS 3 times in 10 years !!!!!! SECOND one, Beo Crescent Hawker CENTRE, teared down to be REBUILT, renovated - both DONE in 4 YEARS !!!!!

3rd, Bt Merah View, complete reno, AND RE-RENO both in 5 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!

WHAT fccking 60 % SINKIES CB give PAP blind support when PAP ffcck their backsides !!!!