• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do Singaporeans Waste Money to Go to Restourants Operated by Celebrity Chefs

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm, I know, and many times I myself do not mind eating out, and not having to wash up. BUT, going out (especially on weekend evenings) in Singapore has another crappy downside - bloody crowded!!!! If I were to go out for dinner on weekends, my decision is not based on what I wish to eat, but where it is more likely I can find parking space without having to scour the whole area!!! Restaurant space can call them and make reservation earlier, but parking cannot!

Cheers!

this will fall flat with sinkies who have the spending power. they must go out of the way to show the world that they have dined at showcase restaurants. expect selfies to go rampant on facebook and instagram. not only die die must try, die die must show off.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The need to be seen at expensive places and the opportunity to brag about it. Maybe even their hope of rubbing shoulders with the elites in society.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmmm, I know, and many times I myself do not mind eating out, and not having to wash up. BUT, going out (especially on weekend evenings) in Singapore has another crappy downside - bloody crowded!!!! If I were to go out for dinner on weekends, my decision is not based on what I wish to eat, but where it is more likely I can find parking space without having to scour the whole area!!! Restaurant space can call them and make reservation earlier, but parking cannot!

Cheers!

this proves that the pap have done their collective job providing sinkies with money-earning power and multiple options for spending that kind of money, from cheap hawker centers to the most expensive celebrity restaurants. pap are the best! :biggrin:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear brothers and sisters,

please tell me why there are so many gongkia sinkies?
Sinkies GO TO restaurants operated by celebrity for fuck use?

these celebrity chefs would not cook for u.

the cooks are pinoy and ahtiong who are on work permit and their celery (salary) is only 1500 per month.

why are you so stupid to go to these restaurants? I know more of the sinkies got face problems. THey go there to take photo and show to their friends in facebook.

Some yrs back many local celebrity chefs opened eateries......... I think all died a natural death. Why??? There was one in Joo Chiat & another in Bukit Batok - Eric Teo. These buggers think that their name alone sells! Oh gimme a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate dinner prepared by Guy Savoy costing me a few grands - datz okay as he prepared in n came talk to me....... BUT others using their name only? Come on hv some decency.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
all sinkies carrot heads!!!
pay and pay
and then kpkb

go to Jamie and everyone said good
nahbeh food like shit ok

go to laubeijing
celebrity chef meh
food also no better than
my kopi chisar

singaporeans are really carrot cake heads!!!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The need to be seen at expensive places and the opportunity to brag about it. Maybe even their hope of rubbing shoulders with the elites in society.

Simply, sibei or kansilan howlian! Go in so-called gourmet food; come out the same smelly shit! :biggrin:

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies are just followers.....tell them its good, they will think it is good...everybody go and eat, sinkies must try also....

having said that, since our population in country vs born and bred citizens is around 2:1 now, how certain is it that it is sinkies that are the ones "wasting money at these restaurants"?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
all sinkies carrot heads!!!
pay and pay
and then kpkb

go to Jamie and everyone said good
nahbeh food like shit ok

go to laubeijing
celebrity chef meh
food also no better than
my kopi chisar

singaporeans are really carrot cake heads!!!

We have money. To us it is chump change. Not happy seeing how we can spend and spend without a care?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where's the photo of LKY who invited celebrity chef to his house :wink:

image.php

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
we should start one sammyboys café
all come talk cock
celebrity chef sam leong special

only celebrated members can come
want to come
join sammyboys first

sure a big success
everyday the café will be crowded

free internet
free wi fi
free everything

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suggest people eat home cooked food and entertain friends and family with home cooking. Saves you money, use less MSG, salt, sugar, and it is fun to learn new stuff each time you try something new. There are lots of cooking shows, and these days, you can get most recipes including methods on youtube.

Cheers!

Not in our culture, bro. In ang mo countries, that is the way to go.