• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do Hakka, Teochew, Cantonese claim pure northern Han heritage?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Northerners Have More Single Eyelids ?

MN08PJW-0007.jpg

Bro it's of course a generalization but you pay attention yourself southern chinese have deeper set eyes compared to the northerners.

Not every Hokkien people I see are the same - some are very Han (whiter skin tone, straight and sharp noses, small eyes, smaller and thinner lips, longer face contour) and some Yue type (darker skin tone, flatter and broader noses, thick and wide lips like Africans or Malay, broader face contour). Such southern features are often mixed with the northern ones to dilution - not so distinct.

The question is : is it good to have sex with PRCs to marginalised the southern features and to boost the northern features ? Does that means northern folks have more barbaric blood ? Seems like northerners and Koreans have single eyelids - more businesses for plastic surgeons.

images
Terracotta-Army-at-Xi%E2%80%99an.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Northerners Have More Single Eyelids ?

Talking about darker skinned chinese that look like malays in singapore you can see many of such ppl. This is after all south east asia and the chinese have also mixed with the malays or adopted their culture forming the baba culture. However the chinese culture is still pretty strong here. If you are chinese and even if you have tanned skin and look a bit like a malay chances are you still know how to speak mandarin and write chinese.

I wonder if the lighter skinned chinese get discriminated or get mistaken as chinamen. I feel that in singapore especially for the males you are kind of considered better looking or "cooler" for lack of a better word if you are a tanned skinned chinese or look more malay which obviously means if you look less han that's actually a good thing cos you look less like a tiong.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johore Bahru Got Pretty And Fair Skin Gals

If you are chinese and even if you have tanned skin and look a bit like a malay chances are you still know how to speak mandarin and write chinese.

I wonder if the lighter skinned chinese get discriminated or get mistaken as chinamen. I feel that in singapore especially for the males you are kind of considered better looking or "cooler" for lack of a better word if you are a tanned skinned chinese or look more malay which obviously means if you look less han that's actually a good thing cos you look less like a tiong.

EE911B1EC25B636BD3F39456DBC0.JPG

Darker skin tone ? Less Tiong ? No way ! But, you don't have a choice since the sun is always here for all seasons.

Remember that I mentioned two old folks who asked me whether I was a Tiong from PRC on two separate occasions (3 or 4 years apart) ? I was shocked. I don't know why they asked me. That was the time I started to realise my root not just as a Foochowese in Fujian. Somehow, DNA and Haplogroup brought me into the realm of being a Chinese from the central plain.

I'm quite friendly with PRCs and Taiwanese. m&d ? They are no saints, I must tell you. I don't wanna cut myself totally off from these PRCs. I'm surprised to see a PRC (teen or young man) who can't utter a single word of English can actually make it here. He can't even buy a burger (an Indian lady was serving him) and I have to help him, OMG ! Why so lax !

Look cannot be too Northern or too Southern - having barbaric or savage look. Xiang Yun is probably a Yue (flat nose). The ancient 80s drama girl (big nose, big eyes, fair skin, forgot her name) look like one in PRC ! Shown in the previous "Hard Rock China" episode on Sunday.

I'm fair skinned. And I sometimes I ask myself why this guy or girl is so dark. Some looked so Malay like the one in Campus Superstar 3 from Indo. He said, "I'm a Chinese." No matter how I looked at him from whichever angle, I still could not find anything Chinese except he being able to speak the Northern language. Then, God said, "He's a Malay." I wasn't surprised by His remark.

I have seen two JB gals quite pretty and fair like Japanese babes ! Fantastic !

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Johore Bahru Got Pretty And Fair Skin Gals

Darker skin tone ? Less Tiong ? No way ! But, you don't have a choice since the sun is always here for all seasons.

Remember that I mentioned two old folks who asked me whether I was a Tiong from PRC on two separate occasions (3 or 4 years apart) ? I was shocked. I don't know why they asked me. That was the time I started to realise my root not just as a Foochowese in Fujian. Somehow, DNA and Haplogroup brought me into the realm of being a Chinese from the central plain.

I'm quite friendly with PRCs and Taiwanese. m&d ? They are no saints, I must tell you. I don't wanna cut myself totally off from these PRCs. I'm surprised to see a PRC (teen or young man) who can't utter a single word of English can actually make it here. He can't even buy a burger (an Indian lady was serving him) and I have to help him, OMG ! Why so lax !

Look cannot be too Northern or too Southern - having barbaric or savage look. Xiang Yun is probably a Yue (flat nose). The ancient 80s drama girl (big nose, big eyes, fair skin, forgot her name) look like one in PRC ! Shown in the previous "Hard Rock China" episode on Sunday.

I'm fair skinned. And I sometimes I ask myself why this guy or girl is so dark. Some looked so Malay like the one in Campus Superstar 3 from Indo. He said, "I'm a Chinese." No matter how I looked at him from whichever angle, I still could not find anything Chinese except he being able to speak the Northern language. Then, God said, "He's a Malay." I wasn't surprised by His remark.

I have seen two JB gals quite pretty and fair like Japanese babes ! Fantastic !

You see how the chinese here hate other chinese even each other so much so that if you don't have the typical sinkie looks you're regarded as lower classed or something like that i suppose.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies = Neo Peranakan

Peranakan-Trail.jpg

You see how the chinese here hate other chinese even each other so much so that if you don't have the typical sinkie looks you're regarded as lower classed or something like that i suppose.

Anywhere can be the same and not necessarily restricted to Ah Tiong only. Internet is often a place for abuse because they can hide in anonymity to blurt out rubbish without any thinking. Whether they were sincere or affected about what they write can be another thing.

But, 'ancient' Sinkies was said to also look down on another type of Chink like Peranakan (cannot speak own dialect, but only English and Malay). I heard that the minority Peranakan was sidelined too.

But, there's another saying that Peranakan thought they high class because they mixed with 'ung mor' and malay folks and Chinks from China then were poor (worked as servants) and could hardly speak any foreign language.

Today, this is the similar situation that modern Sinkies are like the Peranakans who can hardly speak a proper sentence of Mandarin compared to the PRCs. Why so Baba ?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkies = Neo Peranakan

Anywhere can be the same and not necessarily restricted to Ah Tiong only. Internet is often a place for abuse because they can hide in anonymity to blurt out rubbish without any thinking. Whether they were sincere or affected about what they write can be another thing.

But, 'ancient' Sinkies was said to also look down on another type of Chink like Peranakan (cannot speak own dialect, but only English and Malay). I heard that the minority Peranakan was sidelined too.

But, there's another saying that Peranakan thought they high class because they mixed with 'ung mor' and malay folks and Chinks from China then were poor (worked as servants) and could hardly speak any foreign language.

Today, this is the similar situation that modern Sinkies are like the Peranakans who can hardly speak a proper sentence of Mandarin compared to the PRCs. Why so Baba ?

Yes that's right back in those days the peranakans thought they were higher classed compared to the chinese educated. They saw the fact that they couldn't speak chinese as a badge of honor. They wore the butt skins of the whites and malays on their faces. I'm sure the mentality is something like this today.

The worst thing is some chinese educated sinkies actually try to say they are english educated or tell the prcs they cannot speak mandarin and they are chinese educated mind you and try to speak english and of course it's terrible english that the prcs themselves can speak better english. :rolleyes:

You should watch holland V again and they had one scene like that. This sinkie uncle. He's quite a veteran in the acting circle i don't know his name but you should know who i'm referring to was a chinese educated sinkie and he tried to kuai lan with this younger prc guy and speak english to him.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny Nick

That was a long nickname. Maybe, I can try "I Like Chocolate But Not In My Ice Cream" next time.

Yah, Huang Yi Liang who acted Tian Da Hua. I still know this name because I like Holland V very much. I actually live quite near there. That place is my favourite haunt. Happening !

Tian Da Hua is that big mouth that do speak some sense regarding evil PAP. But, there's always a nemesis like Mark Lee as a cast for MIW fart sniffer cum 'tripoder' who supported and helped Dr. Ma who fought against Tian Da Hua. I like that guy ! A very funny role.

He was the Best Supporting Actor in Holland V in 2003 Star Award.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Funny Nick

The ancient 80s drama girl (big nose, big eyes, fair skin, forgot her name) look like one in PRC ! Shown in the previous "Hard Rock China" episode on Sunday.

Yah, I think it was Zhu Le Ling. There's one in China that looked almost 100% like her OMG ! What a resemblance ! But, that was a young and fat version of that ex-SBC actress. :eek:

[video=youtube;l5hJzbaw9mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5hJzbaw9mw[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Funny Nick

i don't mean huang yi lang it's the other veteran actor but not as famous as yi lang with the chinaman and his china gf.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
陈国华

i don't mean huang yi lang it's the other veteran actor but not as famous as yi lang with the chinaman and his china gf.

C97627C19F906E68393C1A299A6F2A.jpg

I think I know who that was. At the 7-11 store, rite ? 陈国华 Bryan Chan, born Tan Kok Hwa. Liang Ah Hao got one leg wif Xiang Yun (Su Yue Ping, wife of mad fella with kungfu).

PRC was the one kanna caught by police for killing his ex-gf wif his new gf, Xu Mei Zhen's car. That guy dono go where.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 陈国华

I think I know who that was. At the 7-11 store, rite ? 陈国华 Bryan Chan, born Tan Kok Hwa. Liang Ah Hao got one leg wif Xiang Yun (Su Yue Ping, wife of mad fella with kungfu).

PRC was the one kanna caught by police for killing his ex-gf wif his new gf, Xu Mei Zhen's car. That guy dono go where.

Yup you're correct. It's this guy and i'm sure you know the scene i'm talking about too. In the show he was acting as a lowly educated chinese helicopter but had to show that he was somehow superior to the china guy so how did he need to do it since he's uglier looking and older? Yup speak engrish lor. He's cheena educated though and there are many sinkies that are cheena educated that don't really speak english that well but he had to show he was superior to the china guy so he ended up speaking up type of fucked up engrish to the china guy. Don't you think that is an actual reflection here in real life where these chinese educated chinese that have always been chiding english educated sinkies on not knowing how to speak chinese suddenly act exactly like the english educated chinese when they are faced with the china ppl? All of a sudden it's no more "oh chinese need to speak chinese" It's i'm superior to you cos i can speak some type of broken engrish. :biggrin:

This actor is pretty good i must say he can act as a low class boorish guy and he has acted in those roles numerous times and someone of higher education like a police inspector.