• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why are toilets in singapore not free?

miss_aussie

Alfrescian
Loyal
was here recently. again nature called, my weak bladder was bursting. i found the toilet after much signs reading. before i could enter, i was asked to pay 20c which i didn't have any. i gave the indian a $2 bill and hurry into a cubicle.

it was the worst toilet experience i ever had while in singapore.

truly, the gov should be ashamed that this kind of unpleasantness can still occur here.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was here recently. again nature called, my weak bladder was bursting. i found the toilet after much signs reading. before i could enter, i was asked to pay 20c which i didn't have any. i gave the indian a $2 bill and hurry into a cubicle.

truly, the gov should be ashamed that this kind of unpleasantness can still occur here.

You paid S$2 (RM 4.70)....should be a better standard than the most expensive toliets in KLCC, KL, where it is so clean etc..and that is for RM2.00

You got cheated, go back & ask for refund!! or go and find Jack Sim, the World Jamban Chief :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
QUOTE]

i think the future of singapore, very expensive toilet, look at the food court, price keep going up, but food getting worse. it will be toilet.

if i am business man, i find where there are very few toilet, bid for the toilet, renovate a bit, and charge a lot of money for them to use.
They have no choice but to pay.

I think should charge $1 or $2 per use. Give a 4d number ticket, tell them there is a lucky draw everymonth. First price $500.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You must have few customers willing to pay even 20 cents to use a CAT30 public toilet like you too.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toilets are free in Singapore. Coffeeshops, shopping centres, hotels etc. Only government-run or -linked hawker centres charge 10c or 20c. In fact, wash hands they'd also charge, until the SARS crisis that they made washing hands free.

S

suicidalpap

There is coffee shop in Woodlands where you have to pay 10 cents to use the toilet. Forgot the block number. Near the checkpoint.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are free toilets all over Singapore. Maybe not all, but you can find them.

For those charging ten cents, keep some M'sian coins to drop in the box (don't use Sg five cents, sound is different) - this is good for places like East Coast Lagoona Food Court. However, the pee rooms along the walkways are free.

To CK Tang - your toilets are dirtied by masses of freeloaders every Sunday. Charge ONE DOLLAR for use, redeemable upon purchase. Otherwise your genuine patrons are inconvenienced.

Cheers!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... To CK Tang - your toilets are dirtied by masses of freeloaders every Sunday. Charge ONE DOLLAR for use, redeemable upon purchase. Otherwise your genuine patrons are inconvenienced. ...
go nax door, dynasty hotel la ...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Ah Lau sitting there to collect then cannot; however some toilets have have a tin box for honest :smile: folk to drop in the coin (no change hor); if ya use five cents, it sounds too wimpy, so have to use ten cents. Of course if generous can donate a dollar or two like missy who started this thread.

Actually I don't mind paying for toilet use after all, they have to be cleaned and maintained, but for many, this doesn't seem to be the case. Cleaning seems only to be hosing it every now and then. The stench is still there. And I think toilet use/etiquette should be taught in school and to all foreign workers like putting up the toilet seat when they want to pee and the regular urinals are not available. People should use and treat public property like it were their own and respect that others will be using it too.

All said, there's been a noticeable improvement. Still, shouldn't stop here though.

Cheers!

ps. If got metal washer same weight as ten cent coin, might even be more economical than M'sia ten sen.

Chun bo ??? Malaysia coins can use ??? :confused:
Like that ma Tan Tio ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know if this is true throughout Thailand, the places I have been to, Bangkok included, the surroundings look run down, if you find a toliet, it is very clean, with flowers & scent...

But in SINgapore, even you pay for one, the standard varies so much...& some still smell.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
why ah? bcoz aunty must wash toilet after u use lor.
next time bring ur own potty everywhere u go lah.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If Ah Lau sitting there to collect then cannot; however some toilets have have a tin box for honest :smile: folk to drop in the coin (no change hor); if ya use five cents, it sounds too wimpy, so have to use ten cents. Of course if generous can donate a dollar or two like missy who started this thread.

Actually I don't mind paying for toilet use after all, they have to be cleaned and maintained, but for many, this doesn't seem to be the case. Cleaning seems only to be hosing it every now and then. The stench is still there. And I think toilet use/etiquette should be taught in school and to all foreign workers like putting up the toilet seat when they want to pee and the regular urinals are not available. People should use and treat public property like it were their own and respect that others will be using it too.

All said, there's been a noticeable improvement. Still, shouldn't stop here though.

Cheers!

ps. If got metal washer same weight as ten cent coin, might even be more economical than M'sia ten sen.

This is true. Used to be the toilets were at least cleaner. I dun know what the complain is about. There has been paid toilets now for over 30 years in singapore. It used to provide income to retired aunties and uncles. Now all they do is just spray water on them. No one scrubs it anymore, u can still see the urine stain in the toilet bowls and urinals. My vote for shittiest toilet, Bedok North Interchange.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It really depends where you are! Sometimes free toilet is just a few steps away but too urgent no choice - You got to go means pay the $$$.

In Orchard road, there are so many free toilet to use but people still pay to go to the Shaw centre and lucky plaza toilet...