• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are Singaporeans so miserable and caustic?

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never smiling, never saying 'hi'...when they see you, the rush to close the lift doors...forever insulting and trying to do you in.

What is wrong with Singaporean society?

Lack of food hence most are skinny neurotic little scums?

Relatives are forever plotting against each other as well.

There is zero goodwill in the island.

Chinese influence? Muslim influence? Indian influence? I guess this is what happens when you mix three third-rate third-world shitty cultures. :confused:

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never smiling, never saying 'hi'...when they see you, the rush to close the lift doors...forever insulting and trying to do you in.

Chinese influence? Muslim influence? Indian influence? I guess this is what happens when you mix three third-rate third-world shitty cultures. :confused:

Singaporeans never behaved in the manner you described prior to the "Invasion"

Post-Invasion and we have rude, filthy, noisy and un-cultured aliens among us to contend with.

These people come knocking on your door to collect old newspapers, etc... We call them "skilled people".

They rush into lifts and trains without saying "Sorry". They SPIT hither and thither.........

They pile heaps of rubbish outside their newly-acquired HDB Re-sale flats.

They don't know about dust-bins and fling used tampons, rubbish and loose hair below...

The word "Fire Hazard" does not seems to exist in the SCDF Manuals.

No, our relatives are Never plotting against anyone.

It is these foreign scum-bags that are trying to kick us out.

Complaining about smell of curry, etc... Isn't this a clever ploy to oust Singaporeans.

And definitely, it has nothing to do with the Triple Influence you mentioned in your last para.

On the contrary such shared cultures make us admire Char-kway-teow, Nasi Lemak and Thosai.

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Post-Invasion and we have rude, filthy, noisy and un-cultured aliens among us to contend with.

These people come knocking on your door to collect old newspapers, etc... We call them "skilled people".

They rush into lifts and trains without saying "Sorry". They SPIT hither and thither.........

They pile heaps of rubbish outside their newly-acquired HDB Re-sale flats.

They don't know about dust-bins and fling used tampons, rubbish and loose hair below...

The word "Fire Hazard" does not seems to exist in the SCDF Manuals.

No, our relatives are Never plotting against anyone.

It is these foreign scum-bags that are trying to kick us out.

Complaining about smell of curry, etc... Isn't this a clever ploy to oust Singaporeans.

And definitely, it has nothing to do with the Triple Influence you mentioned in your last para.

On the contrary such shared cultures make us admire Char-kway-teow, Nasi Lemak and Thosai.

I grew up in Singapore and in the early years, it was even much worse.

Race riots, living in rooms cramped with 10 people, spitting on the floors, union strikes, riots, more riots, violence on the streets, fights, people killing each other, high infant mortality rate, malnutrition, near starvation, strikes, theft, dangerous streets, hotel new world collapse, macdonalds bombing... etc.

To think the current version of Singapore is an improvement over the past.

I think there are obvious limits to what third-world cultures and trash can achieve.

The island smells of misery and dour caustic people. :rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never smiling, never saying 'hi'...when they see you, the rush to close the lift doors...forever insulting and trying to do you in .........................................................................................................................................................................................Chinese influence? Muslim influence? Indian influence? I guess this is what happens when you mix three third-rate third-world shitty cultures. :confused:

Asian Values.

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

That's rubbish. Sinkies have been grumpy, obnoxious pricks for as long as I can remember.

The Everitt Road feud was a good illustration and this saga started long before the mass arrival of foreigners.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's rubbish. Sinkies have been grumpy, obnoxious pricks for as long as I can remember.

The Everitt Road feud was a good illustration and this saga started long before the mass arrival of foreigners.

What is your age? (as long as I can remember. )

The Everitt Road Feud is hardly a few years ago. Singapore was already bursting at its seams with so many "aliens".

Don't just jump on the band-wagon blindly.

Get your facts right.

Blindly entering into a "ring" will end you up being pulverised.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey Hypocrite take a good look at your posting and yourself, Typical sinkie mentality "I am Good and Everyone is Farked"

Fcuk off

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the foreigners we will be even more miserable, without jobs, without services, high inflation, no rental etc

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Guessed being a 1st worLd country wannabe have taken it's toLL on the good of many of us..:cool:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without the foreigners we will be even more miserable, without jobs, without services, high inflation, no rental etc

We can survive without these Foreigners.. But its a different thing for you.. You depend on the goodwill of these FTs to survive.. No customer no money.. Life is really hard in Desker Rd eh..

jiangrenhua

Alfrescian
Loyal
When this miserable mood of unhappiness get into you, it time to get out and smell a breath of fresh air.

Remember to look at the beautiful sky mountains rivers landscape and sea.

And think about the Creator.

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Hypocrite take a good look at your posting and yourself, Typical sinkie mentality "I am Good and Everyone is Farked"

Fcuk off

I don't live in Singapore.

I live in an imperfect country, with many many problems.

But some people still take the time to say 'hi' on the streets, even to strangers. And one can chat up strangers on the street, some people are more willing to lend a helping hand, people hold lift doors open, people thank the bus driver when they get off the bus, etc.

Last edited:

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guessed being a 1st worLd country wannabe have taken it's toLL on the good of many of us..:cool:

Most first world countries have tried what Singapore is currently -- massive tower blocks (public housing) and cramped conditions.

It did not work out well for these first-world countries...including Britain...people were miserable living in these massive tower blocks.

The best place to live in is around 20-50km away from a CBD....in a landed townhouse or detached house...with a garden....

Last edited:

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal
That will be JB or Batam. Even Jurong, Woodlands and Changi is less than 20 km from CBD.

In Singapore you don't have the luxury of first-world living.

JB and Batam are both third-world shitholes.

They won't be saying 'hi' to you...they will be saying 'hi, give me your money or i will stab you' to you.... :o

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Manfrommars,

What you just described were the early days of Sin island. People at that time are friendly & easy going. It is very common to chat up with strangers on the street.
People living in kampong knew each other, they don't even lock their door during the daytime. But, I must say some can be very hostile to strangers coming near their house or even their neighbour house.

Living in rooms clamped with 10 persons as in your earlier post is unheard of as most of the attap houses at that time are quite spacious.

Can disclosed which part of Sin island you grew up? My post is based on my observations in the early 70s.

I don't live in Singapore.

I live in an imperfect country, with many many problems.

But some people still take the time to say 'hi' on the streets, even to strangers. And one can chat up strangers on the street, some people are more willing to lend a helping hand, people hold lift doors open, etc.