• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who liked Home Improvement? Tim "The Toolman" Allen returns with a new comedy

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tim Allen searches for real men in return to TV
<cite class="byline vcard" style="font-style: normal; font-weight: inherit; color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-size: 13px; display: inline-block !important; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle; white-space: nowrap; line-height: 2.2em; ">By Jill Serjeant | Reuters – <abbr title="2011-08-08T19:17:56Z" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-variant: normal; ">1 hour 38 minutes ago</abbr></cite>

2011-08-08T191754Z_01_BTRE7771FH900_RTROPTP_2_ENTERTAINMENT-US-TIMALLEN.JPG

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tim Allen is headed back to television in his first network comedy in 12 years, feeling like the last real man in a woman's world.

Or at least, that's what his character Mike is experiencing in "Last Man Standing" -- a family man surrounded by three headstrong daughters and a wife who has gone back to work, turning him into the stay at home dad.

The series, making its debut on ABC in October, turns Allen's former alter ego, construction expert Tim Taylor in his hit 1990s comedy "Home Improvement" on its head. It is also one of a slew of upcoming TV comedies that feature emasculated or struggling men in a world where women appear to have the upper hand.

"What I really wanted was to flip flop 'Home Improvement' and investigate what it would be like to be around four women who are intelligent, strong fun and loving," said Allen, whose "Home Improvement" comedy ran from 1991-99.

"Instead of tools (in 'Home Improvement') it is sporting goods and gun and ATVs and boats, and I come home to 4 women," the actor and comedian told television reporters on Monday.
Allen plays a man working for an outdoor adventure firm, who lives in a world where younger, modern men -- and women -- are no longer able to do simple, once manly tasks like changing a car tire.

But it's a situation that also strikes a chord with Allen, who has two daughters of his own, and admits he still prizes women who like to cook and take care of their men.

"I really believe men need stuff to do...You have to have hobbies," the actor and comedian said.

"I like women who know how to cook, I like the process of letting a woman take care of you. It's either old school or misogynistic...The men in my life like being able to take care of a home, and when men lose this capacity we are kind of left with nothing to do," he said.
Creator Jack Burditt said that the struggling male theme would be just one aspect of "Last Man Standing".

"It is an interesting topic. I am fascinated that for the first time in history more than 50 percent of the workplace are women, and 60 percent of college graduates are women.
"But that's only one element of the show..At the heart of this is a family comedy about people who don't always see eye to eye on everything but who really like each other...There are a lot of themes we will be tackling," Burditt said.

"Last Man Standing" will join new TV shows "Man Up," about three guys trying to figure out what it means to be a man in this modern world, and "Work It", in which unemployed men dress up as women in order to get jobs.

(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Corrects byline to Jill Serjeant.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Comedy gold from the 90s

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7aCDekoM120" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jw5

Loyal
Hehehe RT, me. :wink:

Home Improvement was funny for 2 main reasons. The premise that Tim was the host of a men's DIY show, but he was highly inept at DIY. :o
The second was the dialogue between him and Al. :biggrin:

Not as riproaringly funny as Seinfeld but not bad either.

2 other sitcoms I liked:
Ellen starring Ellen Degeneres, shw owned a bookstore called "Buy the Book". :wink:
Another is Spin City, either with Michael J Fox or Charlie Sheen.

One over-rated sitcom IMHO: Mad About You.
Helen Hunt is a good actress but not a comedian, and Paul Reiser is not that funny.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe RT, me. :wink:

Home Improvement was funny for 2 main reasons. The premise that Tim was the host of a men's DIY show, but he was highly inept at DIY. :o
The second was the dialogue between him and Al. :biggrin:

Not as riproaringly funny as Seinfeld but not bad either.

2 other sitcoms I liked:
Ellen starring Ellen Degeneres, shw owned a bookstore called "Buy the Book". :wink:
Another is Spin City, either with Michael J Fox or Charlie Sheen.

One over-rated sitcom IMHO: Mad About You.
Helen Hunt is a good actress but not a comedian, and Paul Reiser is not that funny.

yeah.. TV sitcoms were big during the pre-internet 90s. I remember going home to watch Home Improvement and (don't laugh) Blossom after booking out on saturdays.

Was never fond of Ellen, Spin city, Mad about you, or even Friends. The biggest weeikly events for me back then were Seinfeld and X-files.

Looking back, the 90s was a great decade for entertainment and pop culture. We had both grunge rock and rave music at the same time! Youngsters listen to Lady Gaga and Justin bieber nowadays :(

jw5

Loyal
yeah.. TV sitcoms were big during the pre-internet 90s. I remember going home to watch Home Improvement and (don't laugh) Blossom after booking out on saturdays.

We had both grunge rock and rave music at the same time! Youngsters listen to Lady Gaga and Justin bieber nowadays :(

Blossom! :o :biggrin:

Actually, the lead actress was quite cute, wonder how her career went after....................

The music these days is really terrible. I haven't even heard a complete song from that gaga and really don't want to.
The bits and pieces I heard are rubbish.
Can't even name a really good song since 2000, certainly not this decade.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Incidentally I read up on the lead actor recently.. apparently she did very well after Blossom ended. Went to do a neuroscience degree. She also guest stars in nerd comedy The Big Bang Theory now.

I have a thing for funny and intelligent girls. Like Michelle chong :p

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give me the penis hill show and black bladder anytime. Though I loved e a team when was a rudder