• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who grew up in this era?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfPQ_yQKZ8o

Growing pains..

those were the days.. life was simple. Play "go-li" "catch=spider" "catch langkau fish" etc.. .:(

I'm a bit earlier. Mine is happy days.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gMxkMy9JvXI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gMxkMy9JvXI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfPQ_yQKZ8o

Growing pains..

those were the days.. life was simple. Play "go-li" "catch=spider" "catch langkau fish" etc.. .:(

Play marbles. Scratch a circle on sand and shoot coins out of it. Goondu, licence, if you know these terms, you've been there.

Play football at basketball court barefooted. No need goalkeeper.

Fly kite. Fight kite. Lace your line with fine glass shards.

Catch spider, keep in matchbox. Include some leaves combat ration. Keep in pocket, standby for war, or just to scare the hell out of any silly girl that's worth scaring for whatever reason. Some neighbourhood gang youth wing big bros catch crickets at night to fight for serious money (notes only, no coins), though that I never tried before.

Catch grasshopper, keep in plastic bag. Poke some holes. Quite useless for war, but still can scare the hell out of any silly girl.

Catch longkang guppies, keep in plastic bag. Cannot poke holes, must fill with water. When teacher not watching, pour them into school fish tank.

Y-Plastic with thick rubber band to launch big pebble, shoot bird (usually small sparrow in those days). Quite meaningless, just for the thrill. Even when score a direct hit, don't know what to do with the half-dead or dead bird. Just feel the thrill and move on.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya! those were the days!

:smile:

Growing up..... I feel so much sorry for the kids these days. They have the comfort of life but not the "living" of life... batteries... all destined to be batteries for the ruling elites

:(

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya! those were the days!

:smile:

Growing up..... I feel so much sorry for the kids these days. They have the comfort of life but not the "living" of life... batteries... all destined to be batteries for the ruling elites

:(

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they were showing twilight zone and combat I was in secondary school growing pains if I remember I just started working not long no GF too poor to go clubbing just stay at home n watch TV or go down to coffeeshop and talk cock with other poor chaps.

moosehead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which longKang you catch your fish? I always went to the one on Thomson Rd near the Toa Payoh flyover after school on Saturday.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When they were showing twilight zone and combat I was in secondary school growing pains if I remember I just started working not long no GF too poor to go clubbing just stay at home n watch TV or go down to coffeeshop and talk cock with other poor chaps.

Wow! Combat! Vic Morrow!

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My time Parkway Parade was the "in" place.

Schoolboys ride bicycles with fake plastic "petrol tanks" and "mudguards".

Motor cycle gangs took over Kallang airport food centre on Saturday nights. All with "燕子“ logos on their helmets....waiting for a night race with rival gangs....those were the wild days.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
My time Parkway Parade was the "in" place.

Schoolboys ride bicycles with fake plastic "petrol tanks" and "mudguards".

Motor cycle gangs took over Kallang airport food centre on Saturday nights. All with "燕子“ logos on their helmets....waiting for a night race with rival gangs....those were the wild days.

LOL Parkway Parade was not even built yet:p The only shopping center at that time was Katong shopping center. I was studying at st pats then and getting to know a girl was a really big thing. Girls from katong convent and st hilda only go for the rich and the bad. Being none of the above some of us neards always hang out at KSC Morgans spening our pocket money buying plastic models and fixing them with our spare time:rolleyes: