• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who else gets 12 years disruption from NS?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, yes yes...also of critical importance PT was n is no govt scholar, not bonded at all...President Scholar just a red herring in this regard, so too that other private scholarship he got...

under the circumstances 12 yrs is incredulous to say the least....so too PT's vocational NS appt thereafter...

to compare apple wif apple to some extent at least...take Phlip Yeo's son Eugene as eg...chap also scientist etc...but in Eugene's case i gather he completed NS first before heading to the states...also like PT no govt scholarship...
No one disputing 8 or even 9 years of NSF disruption. Yes, such cases do exist even though its already very rare. But 12 years is unheard of and basically an abuse of the system when approved under the overseas medical studies scheme to an university not even on the recognized list of medical training institution. Please don't justify PT using examples that are simply not COMPARABLE.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
regardless of what u say...yr pt is totally irrelevant when it cums to PT's case...w2hy?..becoz he ain't no govt scholar, psc stat board r otherwise...
You fucking loser. There is a difference between deferment and disruption and all stat board (yes, including EDB and NCB) scholars were entitled to disrupt after a certain number of months of service (should have been 12 though some of you say 18).

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
regardless of what u say...yr pt is totally irrelevant when it cums to PT's case...w2hy?..becoz he ain't no govt scholar, psc stat board r otherwise...

That is a more acceptable objection rather than the "anyhow hantam" fuckers here. This question of yours has more merit than the NBCCB conjectures from the other clowns here.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is a more acceptable meatpuppetry rather than the "anyhow repeat the same questions that are never answered" fuckers here. This question of yours has more KY Jelly than my mother's very smelly pussy's conjectures from the other warrior-rambo-NS-ROD men here.

very true. very true.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Threadstarter asked: Who else gets 12 years disruption from NS?

Write so much drivel but never answer his question.

Since you said it's not uncommon, can you specifically name anyone who got a 10 year+ disruption?

For medical study, NSF disruption is common, 6 to 8 years. A few cases going beyond 8 years isn't uncommon. I understand that the only criteria is to remain in medical academia, not practising as doctor even when qualified. For ORD disruption, that's even easier for any tertiary study abroad, or even work abroad. I got in a breeze, 4-year disruption exit permit for study in an US university, 2-year extension to pursue a master degree after bachelor, 3-year extension to remain in US and work. That was almost 10 years in all. When I finally came back for good, I was called up for reservist only once, and thereafter they forget it. I'm no whitehorse and nobody.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Halfway through OCS disrupt = now 3SGT - Normal
Kena thrown to some weird unit after coming back - Normal
Disrupt for 13 years - WTF!!!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The point is so what even if TT's son disrupts for 12 yrs? Will there be any punishment for him?

No way TT will become president and all u can do is bitch and moan here.

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
<p>This is Tony Tan's son, Patrick Tan, clarifying his NS status:

<p> After enlisting in 1987 (probably end 1987 after A levels), he got disrupted in 1988 to study overseas._ He did not return to Singapore until year 2000._ I wonder who else had been granted <u><font style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="4"><strong>1</strong><strong>2 yrs of disruption</strong> </font></u>from NS by MINDEF?

Here is one guy....

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/08/06/ns-deferment-limits-set-for-fairness/

4 September 2001, Straits Times

I REFER to the letter, “Inflexible policies could lead to brain drain” (ST, Aug 23), by Dr Ronald Paul Ng.

The Ministry of Defence (Mindef) understands the desire of Singaporean males to pursue their university studies prior to national service (NS) enlistment.

However, this has to be balanced with the duty to serve NS.

For Dr Ng’s son, Mindef had exercised flexibility by granting him deferment from NS to pursue his overseas undergraduate studies.

However, there is a limit to how long a person’s NS obligations can reasonably be deferred when others in his cohort have already been enlisted and some have even completed their NS.

In our universal conscription system where equity is a key tenet, Mindef has to apply its policies fairly and consistently.

When Dr Ng applied for NS deferment for his son in 1993, he was aware that further NS deferment could not be granted for his son to pursue a postgraduate degree after his undergraduate studies, and had agreed to this in writing.

COLONEL BERNARD TOH
Director Public Affairs Ministry of Defence