• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

15-year-old beautiful xmm got trolled and bullied after doing well in exam.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
20240501_064811.jpg

Biz & SME Tech

Prachi Nigam (X)

When the board exam results in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh were announced, topper Prachi Nigam expected it to be a cause for celebration.
The 15-year-old scored 98.5 per cent after competing with 5,500,000 other students.
However, the teenager’s moment of joy was sullied by a barrage of online abuse after her picture was posted on X, with hurtful comments about her facial hair.
“However God has made me, I am okay with it. For those who feel there is a difference, it doesn’t matter. Even Chanakya (ancient Indian polymath) was trolled, and he did not care. Similarly, I also don’t care and will focus on my studies,” Prachi told Indian news agency ANI.
Prachi Nigam brilliantly was the best in her exams and is being celebrated

And this dude pretty much dismisses her achievement in order to announce it doesn't really matter because he doesn't find her attractive. pic.twitter.com/zwk4NNNaqc
— AskAubry (@ask_aubry) April 22, 2024

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personal care and grooming products brand Bombay Shaving Company also published an advertisement trying to position themselves as standing in solidarity with Prachi, but received flak for capitalising on the situation.
The ad said: “Dear Prachi, They are trolling your hair today, they’ll applaud your A.I.R. tomorrow.” But smaller text below the ad read, “We hope you never get bullied into using our razor.”
Plenty of people called out the abuse on social media, pointing to the double standards young women and girls have to live with.
She is Prachi Nigam, She is topper of UP Board High School.

This is literally very sad, that trollers trolled her for her facial hair rather appreciating her academic achievements. She is teenager.

Dear Prachi every sane person is with you, We are proud of you ❤️

Tears… pic.twitter.com/84utWddVB0
— Swati Dixit ಸ್ವಾತಿ (@vibewidyou) April 27, 2024
UP topper, Prachi Nigam from India was relentlessly trolled by grown folks for her physical appearance.

I wish people understood, she's just a kid. pic.twitter.com/la3abpj0xz
— Pessimist (@rues_blog) April 28, 2024
This video left me with moist eyes - partly because she is such a wonderful child, so evolved in her thoughts, and also due to the disgust caused by the society we have become. Those who trolled her on her looks deserve a special place in hell. #PrachiNigam https://t.co/AXrnCz4qO6
— Ananth Rupanagudi (@Ananth_IRAS) April 27, 2024
This is in seriously bad taste. Such blatant opportunism. #PrachiNigam pic.twitter.com/hviHRvNZj8
— Shunali Khullar Shroff (@shunalishroff) April 29, 2024

Prachi said no one in her immediate circle ever pointed out something being wrong with her appearance and she had “never bothered” about it.
“It was only when my photograph was published after the results that people started trolling me and then my attention was drawn to the problem,” she told IANS.
However, she said she isn’t paying attention to the comments anymore.
“It obviously feels bad, but people write what they think and nothing can be done about it.”
“If I had scored less, I would not have topped and become famous. Maybe that would have been better,” she told BBC Hindi.
“People see girls with hair and feel weird about it because they have not seen this before,” she said. Prachi’s parents too seem to have taken on the same attitude as their daughter.
“There are all kinds of people in society. We naturally felt bad, but at the same time, we are proud of our daughter for scoring the highest marks,” Prachi’s father, Chandra Prakash Nigam said.
Eventually, Prachi says, her plan is to study further and become an engineer.
“What will ultimately matter are my marks and not the hair on my face,” she said