• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which handphone brand is reliable?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only use my HTC cell phone for calls and text messages. I don't use any of the apps except for Whatsapp, which is texting anyway. My daughter was given an iPhone and she is playing with it all the time, sending photos, and downloading all kinds of crap. My wife has a Blackberry but doesn't use it for anything other than making calls. Suggest you go to Starhub or SingTel, sit down with the salesbloke and ask which is the lowest priced model that will perform the stuff you list out. To me, they're all the same.

Cheers!

WhatsApp

Alfrescian
Loyal
iphone6-sizes-800x636.jpg

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/03/17/iphone-6-upgrade-spike/

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any china phone will do. All brands have exploded before. Then we won't get such irritating threads anymore
some china phones have inbuilt circuitry to cut off charging when it's 100%, and will start to run on battery.

Using 8core android now, drains battery like hell even at standby mode.

Last edited:

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal

Avoid shoddy chinky phones. They have no class. Especially those manufactured by Huawei Technologies because it is state owned and rumored to have spying devices. Not surprised since PAP help China and Huawei to cover up the murder of Shane Todd.

Most branded phones today are outsourced to Contract Manufacturers and most are based in china...hard to get anything not from china (probably except Samsung /LG)....the keys are the specs and quality that these branded companies demands and also the price that they are willing to pay the Contract Manufacturers ...as usual, you will get monkey phones if you squeeze the CM on pricing....

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm trying to revert back to those ''button'' phones.............my current touchscreen phone is a nightmare........press 1 always go to 4............2 got to 5.............and so on............recalibrate the thing also same.......

the middle of the screen is now a dead zone..........no response when i press there.......

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm trying to revert back to those ''button'' phones.............my current touchscreen phone is a nightmare........press 1 always go to 4............2 got to 5.............and so on............recalibrate the thing also same.......

the middle of the screen is now a dead zone..........no response when i press there.......

What brand ?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your are simple user go for Samsung android....... their helpline is great ( manual is lousy so you need to get helpline to resolve many thing not familiar to you...)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to all for the feedback.

Had a headachee trying to decide which phone to get. Read the various reviews and found that many phones had some kind of short comings.
I usually spend $600 to $700 on a new phone preferring not to be tied down by a contract. This time I tried to go cheap.

I believe in quality & usually keep my phone for years & years. Seeing that that the cheapest Quadcore phones are going for $500 I've decided to get an iPhone 5s for just under $600.

It will go nicely with my iPad & Macbook. Now I will have to worry carrying around an expensive phone & hope I don't drop or lose the phone.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If your are simple user go for Samsung android....... their helpline is great ( manual is lousy so you need to get helpline to resolve many thing not familiar to you...)

I have an old Nokia phone. It is very reliable. Even though it is over 10 years old it is still working. It is the only phone that I did not lose or drop:biggrin:
Unfortunately you have to remember all the keyboard strokes to really use the phone & that's why I replaced it with a more friendly friendly phone like the Sony Ericson.

Would have gone with a Sony phone but .....

I decided to go with the iPhone because the GUI interface is consistent with the iPad which I already have.

Last edited: