• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where is Sizzler restaurant in sinkieland?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goole map can help

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d31910.112598919233!2d103.87792461596604!3d1.3171690186251461!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0xdb996a21c8f5072a!2sSizzler!5e0!3m2!1sen!2s!4v1400735449787" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>​

Muthu this is in california. Are you dreaming?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who remembers the Ponderosa at Plaza Singapura?

Yes, how to forget, & at Marina Square too, was Sizzler at Tanglin Mall?? Juice, one clown mention JUICE...what happened to all the Orange Julius ?? one at Cathay Cinema & one I remember, at Funan...

I loved the salads at those places...free top up & I finished them...no need to 'doggie bag' & weigh & charge me....ha ha ha....the steak was delicious...

now...what that, Ashton....serves crappy food!!:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
back in those days when we have to lined up at yaohan waiting for their "an pan" to be dished out. can only afford to stare at diners

You poor thing!...aren't you grateful that you have been elevated to the status where you can fight with people in the Q for the "Hello Kitty" toys?? thank the PxP for raising your standard..sic!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who remembers the Ponderosa at Plaza Singapura?

Kurt+Cobain+in+Singapore,+1992+(1).jpg

I think there was also another one at Orchard Road (Centrepoint?).

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
You poor thing!...aren't you grateful that you have been elevated to the status where you can fight with people in the Q for the "Hello Kitty" toys?? thank the PxP for raising your standard..sic!

those ugly things? nah... i hardly hv chance to dine at restuarants, less then a hand each passing yr.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Field Report

Main: 4/5
- RUN recommend trying their combo (2 meats for appx $27++), very good size-portion. Top up $6 if one of the meat is 180g NZ steak (not bad)
- Better ala carte beef-cuts is about $35-38 (200g), so i still recommend u take the combo (top-up for beef)
- Spicy chicken not as good as old sizzler. Otherwise Teriyaki chicken is good.
- Recommend salmon instead of fish n chips or other fish mains. Salmon is not the best RUN tried, but still above-average
- Lamb is good, in fact not overcooked (please don't choose well-done) but considered expensive due to small serving portion.

Salad Bar: 4.5/5
- Halal restaurant, suitable for our muslim friends to break Fast during fasting month.
- They are sincere about their salad bar, not just to fill up your tummy.
- Presentation is not messy, fresh veges n fruits
- If you don't like fruits n veges, make your own pasta + chicken cubes + lots of mozzarella
- I saw the staff topping up the various sauces n salad dressings from reputable brands.
- Standard of the soups are as good as sizzler in old days.
- got ice-cream, kids love adding their own chocolate n rainbow sprinkles.

Drinks: 4.5/5
- Free flow coffee/tea package available
- Charges 50cents for water, that's fine. Thai Express don't even wanna serve RUN water now
- Soft drink $1.50 per serving, RUN recommends getting a jug at $5 for family of 4-5. Thai Express charges $3.90 per can.

Service - 4.5/5
- I only frequent the toa payoh outlet. There is an outlet in the west.
- Understandable that service is a slightly (only slightly) compromised in busy hours but dunno why all the 30s-50s ladies always very friendly to RUN's family.
- except a weird guy (maybe higher ranked staff), he never offend me but just walking around, folding his hands, maybe he's the boss. LOL
- Very warm people, deserves 5/5 if not for the weird guy.

Damage: appx $40-42 per pax (drinks + service charge + taxes)
Similiar price as an entry-level buffet elsewhere but this is comfort food.