• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When you buy a new phone and transfer data from the old phone

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the transfer include apps that are installed in your old phone ? In particular, do you have to transfer WhatsApp separately ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with iphone icloud does all the backup and transfer or restoration, including 3rd party voip and data apps, contacts and settings within apps, contents, etc. flawless and troublefree.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're switching between Android phones, backup your Whatsapp chat history on your old phone to Google Drive, then install Whatsapp on your new phone and follow the instructions.

Wechat is simpler, I think you just need to scan the Wechat QR code on your old phone with the new phone's camera.

If you don't install a lot of apps, don't have text notes and don't have a super huge list of contacts, you can just manually type in the contacts on your new phone.

There are guides online to refer to.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're switching between Android phones, backup your Whatsapp chat history on your old phone to Google Drive, then install Whatsapp on your new phone and follow the instructions.

Wechat is simpler, I think you just need to scan the Wechat QR code on your old phone with the new phone's camera.

If you don't install a lot of apps, don't have text notes and don't have a super huge list of contacts, you can just manually type in the contacts on your new phone.

There are guides online to refer to.
I'm trying to avoid having to transferring WhatsApp separately.

My question is if you transfer from Android to Android, there is an option from the new phone (Oppo) to transfer data from old phone. I'm just wondering if it transfers all the apps, including WhatsApp.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm trying to avoid having to transferring WhatsApp separately.

My question is if you transfer from Android to Android, there is an option from the new phone (Oppo) to transfer data from old phone. I'm just wondering if it transfers all the apps, including WhatsApp.

I never used an Oppo phone, but I believe Samsung has something similar.

You can backup your Whatsapp chat to Google Drive first, see if Oppo transfers that, if not install Whatsapp on the new phone and transfer manually.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI, Whatsapp has introduced a lot of changes in the last couple of months or so.

1) You can no longer take a screenshot of a maximized Whatsapp profile picture.

2) The menu bar has moved to the bottom of the screen, and a search bar (cannot be hidden) is at the top of the screen.

3) Facebook's Meta AI has been introduced into Whatsapp. A little assistant icon is on the side. You can ignore it if you don't want to use it, you must first agree to some terms at first launch if you want to use it.