• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When a Minister talks about his love for restaurant toothpicks

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE : BreadTalk's founder and managing director, George Quek, has been charged with drink-driving.

The 48-year-old also faces another charge of driving without due care or reasonable consideration.

The Subordinate Courts heard that in the early hours of 8 October 2004, Mr Quek had apparently lost control of his Porsche, and crashed into a police car at a road block along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1.

He is believed to have been drunk at that time.

It is not known if anyone was seriously injured in the accident.

Another vehicle was also involved in the collision.

The entrepreneur, who runs the bakery chain BreadTalk, is out on S$5,000 bail.

He is expected to appear in court again next month.

If found guilty, the businessman may be fined S$5,000, or jailed for up to six months.

He may also lose his driver's licence.

For the charge of driving without due care, he could face a fine of S$1,000 and a six-month jail term.

Mr Quek, who holds an honorary PhD in Business Administration, was the winner of the "Entrepreneur of the Year" award in 2002. - CNA /ct

The founder and managing director of confectionery chain BreadTalk has been slapped with a S$4,000 fine and suspended from driving for 30 months.

Forty-eight-year-old George Quek was charged with drink driving after his black Porsche hit a stationary police car at a roadblock last October.

Quek, the Entrepreneur Of The Year in 2002, also failed a breathalyser test.

He told the court he was entertaining some business associates from overseas that day.

The court heard he recorded 61 micrograms of alcohol per 100 ml of breath -- that is above the legal limit of 35 micrograms.

In mitigation, his lawyer said he had not caused any injury and Quek, speaking in Mandarin, also said he was remorseful and asked the judge to give him a chance.

But District Judge Ronald Gwee, in meting out the sentence, said Quek was fortunate not to have caused any injury.

The charge and sentence would, otherwise, have been different.

He pointed to recent media reports on the prevalence of drink driving despite stiff sentences, adding that a strong message must be sent out that this could not be tolerated.

It was also a misconception that some rest after a drink would cause the alcohol to dissipate sufficiently.

For the drink driving charge, Quek has been suspended from driving for two and a half years, and fined S$3,000.

He was fined an additional S$1,000 for driving without reasonable consideration.

Police statements also revealed Quek had smelled of alcohol, and had blood shot eyes and slurred speech at the time of the accident.

The judge also said the traffic police's message is a simple one: if you drink, don't drive.

Kangaroo court at it's best :oIo:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The owner was drunk and crashed his Porsche into a QX :eek:
Just a small fine and no jail time :rolleyes:
Can you do that without seeing the walls of Changi Resort ?
:p

The same connected crony was one of the 3 individuals who reviewed minister salaries.
See the connection?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's upturn the downturn, one toothpick at a time.

[video=youtube;RgQXqMw-0PI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQXqMw-0PI[/video]

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...-toothpicks-din-tai-fung-says-labour-chief-li

Comment by 1Sotong_Head1 18 hours ago

Mr. Lim,

I just scolded my son the other day for taking more tissue paper than he needed while lunching at KFC. Now you make a mockery out of me....

I hope there are not too many ugly sporeans like you are....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

this one too... hahahahahaha

Johnny_Walsh 21 hours ago in reply to Richard Chong

Do you know of any other country where a politician of the ruling party is also the head of the trade union?

And which hat is he wearing when he goes around advising businesses?

And yes, I have spoken to cleaners.

Their salary is still around S$800 to S$900 a month, just as it was more than 10 years ago.

But during this time, costs of living has skyrocketed in Singapore.

And when they receive their CPF statements, they tell me they don't feel so rich.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
toolanliao said:
Do you know of any other country where a politician of the ruling party is also the head of the trade union?

And which hat is he wearing when he goes around advising businesses?

North Korean, China maybe?
Dun worry NTUC is not a workers union...it's just a supermarket discount card.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonderful! There are so few problems plaguing us as a country that the main story is about a Cabinet Minister and his favourite toothpick! :o

Yeah ministers are free to talk about tooth pick as all problems are no problem - just apologise, learn the lesson and move on!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The WP should hit him hard in Parliament. And ask why is the police not investigating this as an action of criminal misappropriation. Time to shame the PAP and the SPF. Let Hansard capture the minister's action for posterity.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same connected crony was one of the 3 individuals who reviewed minister salaries.
See the connection?

He lacks the right credentials to be entrusted with such a Herculean task. Intellectually, he is just average. But when it comes to blind obedience and compliance, sure to get A+ grade with distinction.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$5.42 , member ? :p
If the cashier is a chiobu....next time unzip your pants and pull out your member....since she asked for it.
He lacks the right credentials to be entrusted with such a Herculean task. Intellectually, he is just average. But when it comes to blind obedience and compliance, sure to get A+ grade with distinction.

I think he knows that too....that's why his inferiority complex kicked in and he spent some some change to buy a phd from degree mill.....henceforth it's DR. George Quek.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Expect the meals to be slightly more ex from now on. Need to cover the cost of these toothpicks.

Increase the pay of this PAP ministers so he can afford to buy his own toothpicks and not steal from restaurant
Increase the pay of all PAP ministers to one billion a year

And even then, we know that they will continue to steal and steal toothpicks
That is about how rotten to the core those PAP maggots cockroaches are

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
He likes them because they are well-designed and of good quality.
"Many restaurants give you toothpicks, but the toothpick is so big it can never go through, but this one is so fine that whatever is inside sure can come out," he said on Monday.
When it comes to talking cock and making fool of himself, no one can beat this son of a whore..
I hope he uses his hand to cover his mouth when 'working' the toothpick.
After reading these 3 posts, I can't resist thinking about dicks instead of toothpicks! haha

The clown just can't keep his fucking mouth shut for too long.
I love his new name. Lim Xia Suay.
So I'm inspired to put new words into XiaSuay's mouth:

"Many restaurants give you good dicks, but the dick is so big it can never go through (my arse), but this one is so fine that whatever is inside (my arse) sure can come out."

Because he loves his arse to be screwed, he needs them to be "fine" so that his arse can be properly screwed; no wonder he loves those dicks! killingme.gif

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

read in papers quote ". "And because I go there very early - 10.30 in the morning - always full right. And guess what? By the time I left, normally right, it's half left. .........."
what is this civil servant doing in a restaurant at 10:30 am when he should be working???? too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. he is setting a bad example. imagine his juniors trying to contact him for some urgent problem. taking tooth picks unnecessarily, away from work during peak office hours, talking nonsense(what has tooth pick has to do with service. one man's ideal tooth pick is another man worst type of toohpick and hence lousy service). really talking illogically.

Last edited: