• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What video? SDP candidate asks Vivian. Well let RonRon show you the video

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bz4TiRuhFNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SINGAPORE Democratic Party candidate Vincent Wijeysingha on Sunday asked Minister Vivian Balakrishnan to state clearly what is the video that he has said will raise 'some very awkward questions,' and which the SDP is accused of 'suppressing'.

Speaking to reporters at a press conference to announce the SDP's Sembawang GRC line-up on Sunday morning, Dr Wijeysingha, 41, a civil society activist, said he was unsure which YouTube video the Minister was talking about.

Dr Vincent said the SDP had put up various videos, which include the party's alternative economics policy.

'We're a very open party,' he said.

Dr Balakrishnan had made the remarks on the video when he questioned the SDP's agenda on Saturday. He is anchoring the People's Action Party team in Holland-Bukit Timah GRC, which is facing a contest from the SDP's team led by Dr Wijeysingha.

The others in the SDP slate are former senior government official Tan Jee Say, 57, Dr Ang Yong Guan, 56, a psychiatrist and former army colonel and Ms Michelle Lee Juen, 35, a teacher at a private school.

Dr Wijeysingha also charged that Mr Balakrishnan was clearly rattled by the SDP team, and has not raised points of substance. He also challenged the minister to a live debate.

Asked to respond to the video charge, Dr Balakrishnan said on Sunday: 'I would like the issue to play out first. I am also waiting for their (SDP) manifesto to be revealed and then let things emerge.'

m0n0n0ke

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not interested in what gay or guy
i am interested why so much more $$$$$$$$ spend on YOG
or why not talk about the food poison for those Singaporeans that help out?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
VB is trying the same MIW character assassination tactics in cahoots with the MIW-controlled media SHI TIMES and MEDIACORPSE to distract singapore voters from the main issues in this GE.
Remember,in the past they MIW accuse their political opponents as "malay chauvinist" "chinese chauvinist" "liar" "dangerous"
"anti-Christian" "communist" .
Be cool,be prudent,focus on the main issues,no personal attacks,don't fall into their booby-traps.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
See la... TOC and Ron ROn help confirm the video.

Netizens attempt to identify video SDP accused of 'suppressing'
by Teo Xuanwei
03:30 AM Apr 25, 2011
SINGAPORE - It is a six-minute video clip - posted on YouTube on April 14 - of what appears to be a recording of a forum discussing whether Section 377A of Singapore's penal code, which criminalises sex between men, violates the Republic's Constitution.

Is this the video which Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan was referring to in a news report published yesterday?

That is what netizens are suggesting.

Dr Balakrishnan - in response to accusations by new Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) candidate Tan Jee Say that the ruling party had "lost its moral compass" - had said the SDP was "suppressing a certain YouTube video, which raises some very awkward questions about the agenda and motivations of the SDP and its candidates".

Some netizens have highlighted the video clip - a shorter version of which was uploaded on Saturday - in which, near the end, a man on the stage said: "At the end of the day, you all can petition the Prime Minister, this and that, and so on and so forth ... If you really want numbers, you have to vote an MP. Gay MP there, first gay MP in Singapore, ladies and gentlemen, Vincent Wijeysingha."

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
VV says he's playing the waiting game, presumably to see if VW puts forth Section 377A at some point during SDP's campaign. If VW were smart, he would let sleeping dogs lie for now, so as not to fall into VV's trap.
There are so many other things to talk about. VV still hasn't replied on how he'd overspent on YOG

WarCry

Is our PM Gay?

Good job PAP IB, you have raise another question. Did we have our first Gay PM or Gay MP?

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think need to clarify the video---near the end the speaker shouted Singapore First Gay MP, Vincent Wijeysingha!!!! He is the baldie at the back---actually the speaker sabo him.......I think Vincent also said some things near the end, his accent very distinctive.....

Also the speaker say in the middle somewhere abt SDP gay MP other party wont accept him........

Seems like when the speaker shouted Singapore First Gay MP Vincent Wijeysingaha!!!!!, he(Vincent) never refuted it but affirm it n happy to receive the compliment.

I just find it sad that he is not upfront about it, cos I accept gays and have no problems with a gay MP as long as he does not use his MPship to push a gay agenda in parliament.

Like this I feel he was hiding his agenda.....

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you know why the PAPzis kept 377A - it wasn't to placate the Thiolibans of the world - they couldn't care less. It is so they could use it against those who run against them. This is the politics of hate that would make the American bible belt envy.