• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what kind of singapore do you like

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it the present clean and sanitised version
or
something like Shanghai or Hongkong ..efficient but with still with old charm
or
like Malaysia - a mix of modern and kampong, where you can get hotel as well as hawker food
or
like India, Indonesia .. majority of which is old 'kampong' with some modern buildings and places

or ?

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Fart worshipped as God. Daoists/Taoists temples will be built in his honour and porlumpars will be richly rewarded when they pray to him at the temples

All Sinkie pupils, in addition to reciting the Singapore pledge, have to repeat oath of allegiance to Old Fart and his leegitimate successors

Pinky will appoint one of his sons to succeed him and continue the LEE dynasty

Crony capitalism will become widespread

Sinkieland will become the most preferred tax haven and money laundering centre in the world

The total population will increase to 9.6 million

Enclaves/ghettos will be formed: Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs, Pinoys, Pakis, Banglas, Ah Mohs. They will be ready and willing to fight to retain their turfs

Enclaves are also formed in schools. Pupils of a particular race or ethnic group do not interact with other racial groups.

No one can speak good England. The lingua franca is Singlish with borrowings from Chinglish and Hinglish. Teachers are hired from India, China, Philippines...everywhere except Sinkieland (Reason: Sinkies find teaching to be a very stressful job)

Retirement age raised to 75 years

Age at which CPF can be withdrawn is 80 years for men and 85 for women (subject to a clean bill of health from a state-certified physician. If anyone is in poor health, forget about withdrawing CPF money. PAP's logic is that the money will go towards paying for medical treatment of sick people)

Every day at least 3 to 4 breakdowns with each lasting at least 2 hours happen to the rail system

A trip by bus from east to west costs at least S$10. A trip on the rail system costs at least $5.

At the food centre (a.k.a. hawker centre), a plate of chicken rice costs at least $15, a plate of "economical" rice consisting of 2 types of veggies and meat costs at least $25 and a bowl of "Mee Siam Mai Hum" costs at least $40 (Reason: it's a very rare dish)

School fees for secondary school students are at least $10,000. Needy (Pinky prefers this word to poor) students will have to be satisfied with a PSLE education

Cost of a 3-room HDB flat for first-time buyers will be at least S$1.2 million

90% of PMET jobs are taken up by foreigners. Native Sinkies will become food vendors (a.k.a. hawkers), security guards, office cleaners...

90% of scholarship recipients are foreigners. Scholarships awarded to foreigners are bond-free.

Foreigners who become naturalized Sinkies are allowed to retain the citizenship of the country in which they are born.

Gini coefficient rises to 6.9 (beyond index)

Last edited:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
I like spore to be what it was before during my kampong years where we live in the trees and caves,
dogs and chickens running about in my cave,roosters waking you up in the morning with their crowing and I missed the sight and sound of pigs snorting
climbing up the coconut trees..so happy and carefree this is what I want spore to be like now back to living in the trees and caves.:smile:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We shouldn't have to work till we die;
We shouldn't have to worry about the bills when we are seriously sick;
We shouldn't have to worry about saving for our kids education;
We shouldn't have to pay off a housing loan for a HDB flat over a lifetime;
We shouldn't have to worry about putting food on the table;

Very basic expectations of life.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS is totally in dream land.

To ask about what type of infrastructure Sinkie needs.

Sinkie environment is heavily depended on availiability of money. And many Sinkie peasants are struggling to cope.

And most Sinkie, particularly those heading towards their 40s and beyond, are simply waiting for their shit to hit their own fan even before they realised it.

And here TS is in dream land asking whether Sinkie needs a clean environment or not.

This is how delusional Sinkie are. LoL

Last edited:
J

JeanGrey

I would love a sgp that is honest and open to new ideas.

Where our kids are not equipped with white elephants as they come out of their shells; where our kids are not buried in bunkers underground.

I would love a singapore that carves it own identity, and not compare itself to other cities, but instead where other cities aspire to be like us.

I would love a sgp where money is simply to pay the bills, and where freaks and mutants have a productive role to play.

I would go on, but i already feel the heat from the anxiety of revealing too much.

Patriotism is not the last bastion for the scoundrel.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i like a Singapore when its population density is low. say about a maximum of 3 million folks in the island is just fine.

I liked it when the population was 1.25 million and fighting spiders were readily available.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Fart worshipped as God. Daoists/Taoists temples will be built in his honour and porlumpars will be richly rewarded when they pray to him at the temples

All Sinkie pupils, in addition to reciting the Singapore pledge, have to repeat oath of allegiance to Old Fart and his leegitimate successors

Pinky will appoint one of his sons to succeed him and continue the LEE dynasty

Crony capitalism will become widespread

Sinkieland will become the most preferred tax haven and money laundering centre in the world

The total population will increase to 9.6 million

Enclaves/ghettos will be formed: Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs, Pinoys, Pakis, Banglas, Ah Mohs. They will be ready and willing to fight to retain their turfs

Enclaves are also formed in schools. Pupils of a particular race or ethnic group do not interact with other racial groups.

No one can speak good England. The lingua franca is Singlish with borrowings from Chinglish and Hinglish. Teachers are hired from India, China, Philippines...everywhere except Sinkieland (Reason: Sinkies find teaching to be a very stressful job)

Retirement age raised to 75 years

Age at which CPF can be withdrawn is 80 years for men and 85 for women (subject to a clean bill of health from a state-certified physician. If anyone is in poor health, forget about withdrawing CPF money. PAP's logic is that the money will go towards paying for medical treatment of sick people)

Every day at least 3 to 4 breakdowns with each lasting at least 2 hours happen to the rail system

A trip by bus from east to west costs at least S$10. A trip on the rail system costs at least $5.

At the food centre (a.k.a. hawker centre), a plate of chicken rice costs at least $15, a plate of "economical" rice consisting of 2 types of veggies and meat costs at least $25 and a bowl of "Mee Siam Mai Hum" costs at least $40 (Reason: it's a very rare dish)

School fees for secondary school students are at least $10,000. Needy (Pinky prefers this word to poor) students will have to be satisfied with a PSLE education

Cost of a 3-room HDB flat for first-time buyers will be at least S$1.2 million

90% of PMET jobs are taken up by foreigners. Native Sinkies will become food vendors (a.k.a. hawkers), security guards, office cleaners...

90% of scholarship recipients are foreigners. Scholarships awarded to foreigners are bond-free.

Foreigners who become naturalized Sinkies are allowed to retain the citizenship of the country in which they are born.

Gini coefficient rises to 6.9 (beyond index)

You left out the most important point.
All born and breed non elite sinkies to be enslaved for posterity.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I liked it when the population was 1.25 million and fighting spiders were readily available.

that 3 million figure can comfortably fit 1.25 million local, 1 million FT plus about 0.75 million tourists.

J

JeanGrey

i like a Singapore when its population density is low. say about a maximum of 3 million folks in the island is just fine.

I support 6.9m, because it will create more opportunities for our kids.

I have seen the progress from 2+m to what it is today.

However, we need to be a lot more creative and efficient in managing 6.9m given our space constraints.

For example staggered operating hours for certain types of biz or gov agencies, in order to reduce peak hour congestions. More work from home options. More incentives also required to get people/biz to operate during off peak periods.

I have the luxury of controlling my time, hence i tend to consume services during off peak hours; more people should consider this option of "living off-peak"

The population surge should not come at the cost of degraded standards and quality of life. A GraduaL increase to 6.9 is a better option.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you not happy with what PAP has built for you in last 50 years?

Go back to fishing village?

Is it the present clean and sanitised version
or
something like Shanghai or Hongkong ..efficient but with still with old charm
or
like Malaysia - a mix of modern and kampong, where you can get hotel as well as hawker food
or
like India, Indonesia .. majority of which is old 'kampong' with some modern buildings and places

or ?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

i saw that "progress" too. i'm not afraid to say i'll continue to get my friends and family to vote against this 6.9 million policy and you know what? it didn't take much to persuade them :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I favour 20M for Singapore.

Taken morning peak hour train in Tokyo Japan before?

Squeeze in between 2 big boobs sei beh song leh!

I support 6.9m, because it will create more opportunities for our kids.

However, we need to be a lot more creative and efficient in managing 6.9m given our space constraints.

For example staggered operating hours for certain types of biz or gov agencies, in order to reduce peak hour congestions. More work from home options. More incentives also required to get people/biz to operate during off peak periods.

I have the luxury of controlling my time, hence i tend to consume services during off peak hours; more people should consider this option of "living off-peak"

The population surge should not come at the cost of degraded standards and quality of life. A GraduaL increase to 6.9 is a better option.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cowards that scream n yell like a CROW should try a living in those village in China whereby the toilet doesn't even have flushing system but just a hole beneath....Or try some countries in Africa whereby there's even no electricity for the whole tribe....

Fools compare SG standard to Swiss standard without even knowing how much taxes are being paid by the Swiss...

Even if SG govt escalate the country to the Swiss standard but imposed a heavy tax, all the fools n crows will be whinning n grinning again at our pathetic govt...

In short, what this failures want is a Swiss standard of living but low taxes n the best would be Tax Free just like Changi Airport!!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The kind of Singapore I like, is a kind Singapore. :wink:

There's isn't an iota of kindness in this forum so what makes you think it'll ever develop in real world sinkieland.

It's a known fact that Sinkies hate each other. The lack of unity is why foreigners can walk all over them without a trace of retaliation.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Singapore without vile pappies? Wishful thinking.

Ok next best one is the old Singapore in the 70s, 80s...basically a less crowded one.