• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What kind of opposition do we want to elect?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no respect for WP's Yaw.

If you are in a war,you do not admit that your enemy is better than you,even though that is a fact.

At most he can be a paper politician,but I do believe WP is his second choice

That's a new perspective :smile: but I don't agree with the example. Warlords have used awareness of the enemy's strength to their own advantage.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no respect for WP's Yaw.

If you are in a war,you do not admit that your enemy is better than you,even though that is a fact.

At most he can be a paper politician,but I do believe WP is his second choice

I don't think so. I think that WP is his first choice. It's just that SDP is his last choice, even below PAP.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the end of the day there is no really "right" voting or "wrong" voting. Else there wouldn't be choices. So what if you're voting against your party? If Goh Chok Tong lives in AMK and hates Lee Hsien Loong, he's free to vote for the rookie WPers. Spoiling the vote wouldn't bring Lee down by one vote.

This is politics - including internal politics.

I'm surprised TFBH ranks this 100 times worse than not caring/looking after a ward. In voting, you have at least 3 choices - party A, party B or spoil vote. In serving a ward, there is no choice. You can say there is 2 choices - caring for the ward or not caring for the ward. But who stands for election not planning to care for the ward?!?!?! So option 2 is NOT a choice.

(However I think GMS comments have been taken out of context, I think he means lower priority rather than "not")

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(However I think GMS comments have been taken out of context, I think he means lower priority rather than "not")

When he first made that comment, he could have easily explained it away in context. But no, Captain Madcow must win. He went on defending and justifying that he meant what he said and he's right. Taking care of ward is not MP job as far as he's concerned. He only appoints town councillors and would sack them if they're doing a bad job, that's all.

What's the context? Of course, nobody is expecting any MP to sweep roads and service lifts. Taking care of the ward means supervising what the town councillors do according to residents' feedbacks and sentiments, own discretion and judgement, not just appointing or sacking them.

What is Captain Madcow saying and insisting? No, not even that. MP is a legislator as far as he's concerned, not to take care of your ward. Your vote is to facilitate him getting into Parliament, not to take care of your ward.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

According to GMS, there are many choices - taking care, looking after, etc.

"Lower priority" does not make GMS' statement look any better. As ramseth said, no one will care about the diff between looking after & taking care, and similarly no one will give a damn about why GMS puts the ward as lower priority. They will simply be shocked at what he said.