• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is your view on cohabitation ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If given a chance, would you cohabit with your b/f or g/f ?

I have noticed Korean dramas continue to preach moral values so much so that cohabitation is shunned, but not sure if such values correspond to the real time situation in Seoul.

In Taiwan, it's the complete opposite. Cohabitation has been portrayed in Taiwanese dramas and variety shows as 'way of life' for most Taiwanese.

In Singapore, 90% live in HDB and because you can't buy a HDB unless you're married, the system prevents young couples from cohabiting.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cohabitation is absolutely necessary before marriage. Need to find out the other person's shitty habits and see whether u can tolerate.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya if dun like still can divorce, but very troublesome esp if have kids. So save urself the headache and try staying together first is better.

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call me old fashion, but I think it is unfair to the girl. They have their reputation at stake. If u truly love her, I'm sure u can put up with nasty habits on her part. The fact is man got more nasty habits than girl. Ok lah mayb the scary part is to see her without makeup or all kinds of cream they put on their face.:eek::eek::eek: If u can't commit den dun, generally girls take this type of thing far more serious than guys. Unless u can stay in a same flat but sleep in a different room, like house mates. If u can't better not. Just my 2 cts worth. :biggrin:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In today's world, very hard to find virgin wife liao. Even if didn't cohabit, most likely kanna "open door" in their late teens or early twenties by their 1st or 2nd bf.

Since no more virgin wife, cohabit may be the next best thing to test-drive living together before committing half of your wealth to the other partner. In Singapore, with the women's charter, signing the married certificate is same as signing half of your assets to your wife.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Car u only need to commit for 10 years, but u also test drive.

Marry a woman u need to commit your whole life (even divorce still pay alimony hor!) So u ask whether need to 'test' leh?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cohabitation is absolutely necessary before marriage. Need to find out the other person's shitty habits and see whether u can tolerate.

hi there

1. bro, cool man!
2. yes, living together without any strings attached one.
3. there are many a times where the "unwilling"-to-separate party ends up dead!

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call me old fashion, but I think it is unfair to the girl. They have their reputation at stake. If u truly love her, I'm sure u can put up with nasty habits on her part. The fact is man got more nasty habits than girl. Ok lah mayb the scary part is to see her without makeup or all kinds of cream they put on their face.:eek::eek::eek: If u can't commit den dun, generally girls take this type of thing far more serious than guys. Unless u can stay in a same flat but sleep in a different room, like house mates. If u can't better not. Just my 2 cts worth. :biggrin:

Well... how about say both has gone steady for 3 yrs and decided to get married next year. Then from now til the wedding can cohabit? Personally I would think its better to "test drvie" 1st before getting married. At least stay for 3 months then see if get used to each other.
!&!!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peddling on line sex banners is worse. It encourages prostitution which is a mortal sin.

Riding a bicycle is also disgusting. Under the false pretense of saving the environment, cyclists often pose inconveniences to motorists and vehicles. Those useless buggers also do not pay road tax, even though technically they are riding on the roads.

Thus, to conclude....cyclists are the vermin of society and are as disgusting as pimps.

Last edited:

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, if no sex. Just staying together, I'm ok with that. I got friend also like that, gfrd stayed with him before marriage but she sleeps in the same room as his mum. Got to respect ur woman, but if she threw herself at u and drug ur drinks with sex pills. Then up to u liao. I personally dun believe in pre marital sex, or extra marital affair, when come to chabo I got 洁癖,so I dun share. :biggrin: