• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is happening at Brunsfield Iskandar Waterfront ( BIW ) @ Danga Bay?

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m also one of the investor and I have been to Brunsfield office. They are reputable and responsible developer. Have many other projects . In fact, I own other Brunsfield properties. Very satisfied with their service. Don't think they have financial problem

I also heard their GM , Daniel has left to start his own business and someone else has taken over his position.

I am sure Brunsfield will handle the matter professionally . Did you try to contact them?

If you are a real investor in BIW , I cannot believed you are so cool and happy with the treatment the rest of the investors are treated.

The Executive Director has left ,the Deputy GM has left, leaving all the investors in the dark without a word.

Happy with their service .....You must be kidding....

dongfangmeiren

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the developer is going to abort the project, then compensation has to be made since most buyers committed to the purchase since the beginning of last year.

Much time (plus numerous trips are made) is spent in assessing the location, project and the developer. About the same time when Brunsfield was soft launch, there were many projects available too, but we chose "Brunsfield". But now, we might have to face a aborted deal and miss many opportunities.

If we want to buy an unblock sea front unit in Country garden, i can't even get it. And the prices of unblocked sea front units in other projects has gone up significantly.

If Brunsfield is mindful of their reputation, and are sincere to control the damage, then they ought to look into a justified compensation if the project fails to proceed. If they put themselves in the shoes of the buyers, they will feel our frustration, disappointment and pain in incurring the opportunity loss.

I really hope that they could live up to their Mission that "Brunsfield has the highest level of professionalism, integrity and standing" .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a real investor in BIW , I cannot believed you are so cool and happy with the treatment the rest of the investors are treated.

The Executive Director has left ,the Deputy GM has left, leaving all the investors in the dark without a word.

Happy with their service .....You must be kidding....

He/She shd have already obtained keys to e condo, so there is nothing to worry abt. This project is still on paper.

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
He/She shd have already obtained keys to e condo, so there is nothing to worry abt. This project is still on paper.

Hi FHBH12 , that is impossible ... They have yet to drive in the first pillar into the ground... where to get the keys...... Only in his /her dreams....

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if it is a good investment anymore... So many china developer swamping the place

JayBox, Brunsfield is a home grown developer, if they cannot compete with China developer on their own home ground ,then it is better they close down their company and ask Setia or Sunway to take over the project. Dato Danny Tan /Tropicana will be most happy to takeover the project so that their sales agent don't have to tell potential buyers that their Tropez & Bora condo will be blocked by this BIW project owned by their competitor!

Is Capitaland going to abort their project too because China developer is at their door step ? What a lame excuse !

Shame and cowardly to walk away when face with oversea competition !

BIW sit on a prime location in Danga Bay. If BIW is a " luxury world-class waterfront city " based on their brochure,then it is target at a certain niche cliental.

Those China developer coming into Danga Bay from last Dec paid record price for their land ( closed to RM1000 psf ) ,will not be that stupid to follow Country Gardens footstep to build shoebox unit and price at RM500K-600K per unit. Who do they want to sell to ? The foreigner cannot buy , the local won't buy.

They will look at their neighborhood and raise the bar. If they want to win Singaporean to their project, they will have to offer higher quality finishing , unique design and make their project 6 star verse 4-5 star project next door.

So you are saying Brunsfield is too weak and not capable nor prepare to standby their own design and concept ?

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the developer is going to abort the project, then compensation has to be made since most buyers committed to the purchase since the beginning of last year.

Much time (plus numerous trips are made) is spent in assessing the location, project and the developer. About the same time when Brunsfield was soft launch, there were many projects available too, but we chose "Brunsfield". But now, we might have to face a aborted deal and miss many opportunities.

If we want to buy an unblock sea front unit in Country garden, i can't even get it. And the prices of unblocked sea front units in other projects has gone up significantly.

If Brunsfield is mindful of their reputation, and are sincere to control the damage, then they ought to look into a justified compensation if the project fails to proceed. If they put themselves in the shoes of the buyers, they will feel our frustration, disappointment and pain in incurring the opportunity loss.

I really hope that they could live up to their Mission that "Brunsfield has the highest level of professionalism, integrity and standing" .

Yes, I support your statement , they really need to review how they are handling their customers.

Every company want to make profit. Earning them fairly and with the respect of buyers is one way. Earning their profit with buyers throwing m&d at the them is another way. Somewhere down the line , they have to show their corporate and social obligation. If not they lost their soul....

jc731

Alfrescian
Loyal
An interesting read,

Abandonment of Housing Projects to Be Deemed as Criminal Offence

All licensed housing developers who failed to complete a housing project or have caused the abandonment of the project shall be deemed to have committed a criminal offence under the amendments to the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966.

Upon conviction, such a developer is liable to a fine of not less than RM250,000 and not more than RM500,000, or to be jailed up to three years, or both.

This is provided under a new section in Clause 9 of the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) (Amendment) Bill 2011.

The new section is among several amendments made to the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) 1966 (Act 118), which will provide more protections and rights to house buyers and to prevent the occurrence of abandoned projects.

According to the bill, Clause 9 is aimed at inserting a new Section 18A into Act 118 to overcome abandoned projects and provide house buyers the rights to take legal action against errant developers.

This provision applies to all developers who refused to continue or have postponed or suspended or stopped the project for a period of six months or more, or surpassing the original scheduled date of completion as stated in the sale and purchase agreement.

The bill was read for the first time in the Dewan Rakyat today by Housing and Local Government Datuk Seri Chor Chee Heung. Once passed, it will be known as Housing Development (Control and Licensing) (Amendment) Act 2011.

Apart from that, Clause 5 in the bill, which is aimed at replacing Section 8A of Act 118, will also give the buyer the rights to terminate the sale and purchase agreement if the developer refused to continue implementing the project after six months from the date of the agreement.

The bill will also insert Clause 3, which is aimed at amending Section 6 of Act 118, which stated that the deposit to obtain housing development licence to be increased from RM200,000 to three per cent of the estimated cost of the project.

This is to ensure that only developers who have sufficient financial ability will be allowed to implement housing projects.

Meanwhile, Clause 8 is aimed at amending Section 16AD of Act 118 to increase the minimum penalty of RM10,000 for non-compliance of tribunal award to a maximum of RM50,000.

Clause 6, on the other hand, is aimed at amending sub-section 16N (1) of Act 118 to give more power for the tribunal to hear claims on a sale and purchase agreement involving unlicensed housing developer.

The proposed Clause 10, however, aimed at amending Section 24 of Act 118 to increase the maximum fines for any violations of the law to RM50,000 from RM20,000 previously.

dongfangmeiren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the china developer also eye this piece of land that BIW(JV with IWH) owned since it is a super prime location and a 风水宝地.

so will the developer sell it to the china developer if they are going to abort??? since many china developers are acquiring land from IWH...

I remember last year when BIW was launching at Amera Hotel (Singapore), one of their manager (i think is Daniel) told me that they have engaged a fengshui master to assess this piece of land, and was told that in terms of fengshui, this piece of land will be very prosperous for at least 90 years....

even though I am not a fengshui master, I am fully aware that this is an expensive piece of land...

Not sure if it is a good investment anymore... So many china developer swamping the place

investor999

It’s always very interesting when this kind of issue is happening. When the developer is trying to sell, than they promise you a lot of things and give you a very bullish view. Now we will see how this so called reputable developer Brunsfield will solve this matter and hopefully will consider a fair solution for the investors who have been left in the dark for all this while. If not this surely will set a very interesting precedence and remind all the future investor for the Iskandar region about the risk even when dealing with a reputable developer. As a single small investor your are always left at the short end if such things is happening but hopefully a big company like Brunsfield can live up to their name and take care of this matter properly and offer a fair compensation. Interesting part is that the other party IWH is very absent in this whole matter.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
An interesting read,

Abandonment of Housing Projects to Be Deemed as Criminal Offence

All licensed housing developers who failed to complete a housing project or have caused the abandonment of the project shall be deemed to have committed a criminal offence under the amendments to the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966.

Upon conviction, such a developer is liable to a fine of not less than RM250,000 and not more than RM500,000, or to be jailed up to three years, or both.

This is provided under a new section in Clause 9 of the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) (Amendment) Bill 2011.

The new section is among several amendments made to the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) 1966 (Act 118), which will provide more protections and rights to house buyers and to prevent the occurrence of abandoned projects.

According to the bill, Clause 9 is aimed at inserting a new Section 18A into Act 118 to overcome abandoned projects and provide house buyers the rights to take legal action against errant developers.

This provision applies to all developers who refused to continue or have postponed or suspended or stopped the project for a period of six months or more, or surpassing the original scheduled date of completion as stated in the sale and purchase agreement.

The bill was read for the first time in the Dewan Rakyat today by Housing and Local Government Datuk Seri Chor Chee Heung. Once passed, it will be known as Housing Development (Control and Licensing) (Amendment) Act 2011.

Apart from that, Clause 5 in the bill, which is aimed at replacing Section 8A of Act 118, will also give the buyer the rights to terminate the sale and purchase agreement if the developer refused to continue implementing the project after six months from the date of the agreement.

The bill will also insert Clause 3, which is aimed at amending Section 6 of Act 118, which stated that the deposit to obtain housing development licence to be increased from RM200,000 to three per cent of the estimated cost of the project.

This is to ensure that only developers who have sufficient financial ability will be allowed to implement housing projects.

Meanwhile, Clause 8 is aimed at amending Section 16AD of Act 118 to increase the minimum penalty of RM10,000 for non-compliance of tribunal award to a maximum of RM50,000.

Clause 6, on the other hand, is aimed at amending sub-section 16N (1) of Act 118 to give more power for the tribunal to hear claims on a sale and purchase agreement involving unlicensed housing developer.

The proposed Clause 10, however, aimed at amending Section 24 of Act 118 to increase the maximum fines for any violations of the law to RM50,000 from RM20,000 previously.

good to hear. but just to point out to you guys, this ammendment is to the housing act 1966.whereas condo falls under strata title act 1985? so, doesn't apply or what? also, isn't 500k max fine too little?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
good to hear. but just to point out to you guys, this ammendment is to the housing act 1966.whereas condo falls under strata title act 1985? so, doesn't apply or what? also, isn't 500k max fine too little?

If they can make 5 million, what is 500k fine?

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso ,

......whereas condo falls under strata title act 1985?

Thank you for your feedback... Do you have the link or where we can review the strata title act ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso ,

......whereas condo falls under strata title act 1985?

Thank you for your feedback... Do you have the link or where we can review the strata title act ?

have!

http://www.hba.org.my/laws/Strata/Main/strata_titles_act_1985.htm

have fun reading all of that. :smile:

btw, i have thought a bit more about what i posted earlier. the strata title act should govern a completed strata titled development i.e condo. During construction, the land has not yet been subdivided, i.e it remains as master title held by developer. so in all likelihood, developer will need to comply with the national land code during development stage. Best to check with a lawyer . best of luck

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar waterfront should come out and clarify some of the issues that's happening.
It's really not something that should be allowed to happen. Since they have am.equal say, they should not allow cowboy tactics to sully the reputation of the Iskandar project.
Else investors will see this as just a money grab by the developers with no long term sustainable development plan for the area.