• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What exactly is life insurance and how does it work?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my agent alway tell me how much he help his clients to profit by investing in stocks... think is bullshit how about you guys?
Not far from wrong, given my lousy experience. Perhaps talk to your personal banker, if you in that league :biggrin::wink:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not far from wrong, given my lousy experience. Perhaps talk to your personal banker, if you in that league :biggrin::wink:

i do not mind paying $$ for other to do the homework and their expertise.
but i expect to see result.
like i willing to pay $1000 for master to do homework for fengshui,
but end result,i must see $2000 in return
why do i want to spend $1000 and hear 101 excuses that loses are due to A ---Z, but not himeslf the problems

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have bought a couple of small unit trusts via my bankers, without the hassle of being bothered endlessly. Reviews are available via e-banking (if you care to go through) or say bi-6months if you want to. The bank fellow explained tha remuneration (incentive) system for agents are incentive biased.

Make sure the UT you buy is a low cost, low expense kind. The best actually is ETF that is traded over the stock exchange. Of course its easier to find more diversification using UT, but beware of upfront fees and management fees.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Make sure the UT you buy is a low cost, low expense kind. The best actually is ETF that is traded over the stock exchange. Of course its easier to find more diversification using UT, but beware of upfront fees and management fees.

Unit trusts is a rip-off ...80 percent of unit trusts can't beat the index. So, why are you paying more for average result. You can built a balanced portfolio using ETFs for much less ...more of your money working for you instead of being siphoned off as fees to feed the fund managers, the agents who sell you the funds.

You need just five ETFs to build the portfolio and then you re-balanced it every six months or at least once a year. The cost to you is just your trading fees. If you start an account with a US-based brokerage, your fees is reduced substantially.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Unit trusts is a rip-off ...80 percent of unit trusts can't beat the index. So, why are you paying more for average result. You can built a balanced portfolio using ETFs for much less ...more of your money working for you instead of being siphoned off as fees to feed the fund managers, the agents who sell you the funds.

You need just five ETFs to build the portfolio and then you re-balanced it every six months or at least once a year. The cost to you is just your trading fees. If you start an account with a US-based brokerage, your fees is reduced substantially.

Well said. But do be careful about US brokerages. Remember MF Global.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
purchased my first and only UT in the 80s....the fcuking Shenton Growth Fund .....DBS if i recall correctly. When the stock market was shooting up this

bloody fund underperformed like blazes. I think their charges were quite high too. No more UTs for me.:oIo:

Jimmy1978

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think life insurance is quite important leh.. Its more about having cash for your retirement age, no? people who take out a life insurance plan especially those from banks like dbs, ocbc etc don't take it just to cover death or illness, but also to accumulate cash for retirement age right? cos some longer term policies builds up cash value over the years