• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of Feng Tian Wei's Answer?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is ping pong derogatory?
Direct translation of 乒乓 no?

Sir, if one talks of direct translation, it is spot on.It is in fact a direct transliteration of the word ping pong into Chinese. That by itself is not derogatory. But detractors of the sport esp. the Americans use ping pong in a different sense. There is a certain sting to it! Table-tennis is also a taxing sport apart from being fast-paced and strategic. Detractors call it ping pong to underscore their beef that it is not a real sport because it's just ping and pong! Now I understand chess is also regarded as a sport!

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I very much second what u have said. Brilliant! Firstly, just like u and me, FTW has no choice over her country of birth and so for her it is China. Secondly, she came to Sinkapore because she was talent-scouted and for that give her credit where credit is due. She was invited just like others before her who were given citizenship in countries such as Sweden, Germany,France and Australia. Thirdly let's face it, FTW is a superb table-tennis player. She didn't achieve bronze by luck alone. Finally let's call a spade a spade; table-tennis is table-tennis and no longer ping pong unless one intends to be mean spiteful and derogatory like the Americans. Ping pong diplomacy belongs to the realm of geo-politics and not the sporting arena.:rolleyes:

Pukimati, the issue isn't where she is from. The issue is whether she herself sees herslef as a Singaporean and will anchor herself and her family here.

You pukimati idiot cannot even notice this simple yet big difference? KNNPCCB! If she has been here for so many years and still cannot speak English then she is obviously not here for the long term. She is a scavenger first and foremost, not an athelete.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's get this straight, she's Feng Tianwei, name together PRC Hanyuping style. That tells us she's PRC. Not like Tan Ah Kow type spelling.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
FTW replies "It doesn't matter which flag I represent, as long as I am given the chance to shine... To be proud of myself... China is the country I was born in, Singapore is the country that gave me this chance"

She avoided answering the question with a yes or no, and said "I am thankful to Singapore for giving me this chance"

From tax payers in Singapore
clapping.gif

Last edited:

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Hong Kong has a ship of activists going to within 12km of Diaoyu islands yesterday to show China's sovereignty against Japan's claim?

If Hongkies keep saying China is stifling its freedom and legislature, when it comes to showing their allegiance when China's sovereignty is attacked, the Chinese will still side Chinese, regardless. Same for Chinese in Sinkapore.

Same for Taiwan, keep complaining about China in so many things, but when China's sovereignty is attacked, Taiwan will wear its heart on its sleeve and side with China.

I really doubt Chinese in Sinkapore think otherwise. For overseas Chinese in general, if China becomes first world and super-power, the overseas Chinese will pledge allegiance to China.

Sinkapore is just a little red dot, without a long history of patriots and genealogy. Don't kid yourself, people.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least FTW did not fake her answer.

The cold hard truths
(1) Despite being denied a chance to compete under the PRC flag, FTW is wholeheartedly 100% loyal to PRC.
(2) FTW just want to compete, it does not really matter under whose flag, be it Singapore or Timbaktu.
(3) FTW will never call Singapore her home. When she reaches her competition expiry date, she will surely return to motherland PRC. Btw, thanks to Sg government for the Sg passport, it sure helps in travelling.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

The cold hard truths
(1) Despite being denied a chance to compete under the PRC flag, FTW is wholeheartedly 100% loyal to PRC.
(2) FTW just want to compete, it does not really matter under whose flag, be it Singapore or Timbaktu.
(3) FTW will never call Singapore her home. When she reaches her competition expiry date, she will surely return to motherland PRC. Btw, thanks to Sg government for the Sg passport, it sure helps in travelling.

you think she wants to play for Timbaktu.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pukimati, the issue isn't where she is from. The issue is whether she herself sees herslef as a Singaporean and will anchor herself and her family here.

You pukimati idiot cannot even notice this simple yet big difference? KNNPCCB! If she has been here for so many years and still cannot speak English then she is obviously not here for the long term. She is a scavenger first and foremost, not an athelete.

You Chaocheebye cannot even accept that many other foreign-minted Sinkies and even local borns cannot speak English. U are jumping to all sorts of conclusion because u hate them so much. Why is she not an athlete? How do u define an athlete? I'm sure if this tiny red dot fails u and u are forced to seek greener pastures elsewhere, u are going to be a scavenger too. Why don't u ask FTW yourself at STTA premises whether she sees herself as a Sinkie and whether she is going to anchor here in the long term. If Sinkies can choose to leave this country, I don't see why FTW or others cannot come in here to seek a better life. So what she's a scavenger? A scavenger is many times better than local-bred parasites chobolans. I knnbpcb and pukimati u back. Fucking moron!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It not wrong for her to make decent living out here with her skills. I must say Singapore and FTW are a perfect match. Why ? Singapore wanted glory by winning olympic medals, FTW needed money

So by the MIW standard, everything and anything can be bought by money is nothing to be shameful about, that Include National pride, it just business as usual for these Ultra right wingers.

What is the rational rewarding these foreign players with big money ? After all , they are being paid to play table tennis and in exchange to get medals. Don't get me started on citizenship ! They will dump Singapore's citizenship and go back China once everything is over ? Will we get another set of trio from China once these 3 ladies bow out ?

Money and Glory comes hand in hand .

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Saw this in FB, maybe she is actually part of China's bigger scheme of things?

"The Wolf Raising Plan was originally proposed by the Chinese table tennis team. Early 2009, Cai Zhenhua took over the Chinese Table Tennis Association and came up with a long-term plan that focused on table tennis future development. Taking "going out, and inviting in" approach to help the foreign table tennis players to raise their skills, to train opponents into "Wolves", rather than change ourselves from "Lion" to "sheep". Later, the Chinese weightlifting team also learned the "Wolf Raising Plan”. By training and exchanging players with foreign athletes and other methods, letting other national or regional players to win the championship, will be more conducive to the development and popularization of women’s weightlifting."

http://www.chinahush.com/2012/07/31...hampion-is-really-chinese-athlete-from-hunan/

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It not wrong for her to make decent living out here with her skills. I must say Singapore and FTW are a perfect match. Why ? Singapore wanted glory by winning olympic medals, FTW needed money

So by the MIW standard, everything and anything can be bought by money is nothing to be shameful about, that Include National pride, it just business as usual for these Ultra right wingers.

What is the rational rewarding these foreign players with big money ? After all , they are being paid to play table tennis and in exchange to get medals. Don't get me started on citizenship ! They will dump Singapore's citizenship and go back China once everything is over ? Will we get another set of trio from China once these 3 ladies bow out ? ...
ya, man! ...

squeeze dem of their juice wen dey r young ... wen dey got no mor juice, juz dump dem ... kip dem 4 wat? ... no nid 2 try 2 gif dem jobs like trainer la wateva later ...

once their usefulness has expired, dump dem ... who want o hags? ... dey r a burden! ... tel dem 2 f**k orf 2 jb oso dey dun mov! ...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The cold hard truths

Same a me thinking respect her for telling the truth rather than lie.
PAP is even worth telling lie after lie.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kee chiu does not have to find her a husband. that woman has balls!

Of the 3 women PP team I will only shake FTW hand for her honest answer. Make me more respect her.
MIW should learn from her give honest answer. MIW always try to cover news.