• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What are the incentives of being a Grassroot Leader / Grassroot Volunteer?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RC members used to get priority for HDB....
Right up to the first hand choosing of choice units....those now million dollars HDB penthouses at bishan first owners all RC members.

One of my reservist mate, back in those days, volunteer for National Day Parade to get, the first bite in flat balloting, maybe all these are the silent majority supporters?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's another one.......
Back then when COE system first implemented in 1990.........many crasslooters got the info from their masters and bought new cars overnight.....this counted as benefits?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before Lehman Bond Collapse all RC members received SMS to warn them to fast cash out of their stocks and bonds.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP Grassroot members' Mothers all get FUCKED by me. :oIo:
WP Grassroot members' Mothers had my respect. :smile:

PAP grassloot members mothers should have aborted those fetus before birth

Not let them out as parasitic maggots on the soul of Singapore

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
many many old school SMEs got rich on the backs of government contracts. they formed a solid core of grassroots leaders who were highly appreciative of the leg up they received from those contracts. over time, they hogged the contracts and positions of leadership in the grassroots leading to the eventual breakdown of the system as seen in 2011.

I know one guy whom own a tree pruning company.

I think the contract is worth a few hundred thousand per quarter for those rain tree on ECP.

He will go every meet the people session to help, and carry flag during national day and election.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many many old school SMEs got rich on the backs of government contracts. they formed a solid core of grassroots leaders who were highly appreciative of the leg up they received from those contracts. over time, they hogged the contracts and positions of leadership in the grassroots leading to the eventual breakdown of the system as seen in 2011.

All based on MERITOCRACY!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my reservist mate, back in those days, volunteer for National Day Parade to get, the first bite in flat balloting, maybe all these are the silent majority supporters?

Long after leaving school Singaporeans still need to go for CCA to get merit points.

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r badly inform. Volunteering as WP grassroot activites correct no priority but being RC member in WP wards do count. If no count, nobody will be pap lackeys over at hougang liao. Anyway only 2B, useless for schools where already ballot at phrase 2A. If phrase 2B need to ballot, then those RC member ballot paper go into the box with those that qualify for phrase 2B but didnt volunteer.

yes. RC members in WP controlled ward counts. I'm saying WP grassroot leaders don't count.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
only the PAP grasslooters can be counted hor..... so much for meritocracy and fairness etc etc and other high falulating ideals......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Long after leaving school Singaporeans still need to go for CCA to get merit points.

Not only that, they still have to do work for the school they once attended or just school, so that, their children gets priority.....but ..ahem!, your father is a contractor..can build the fish pond at a 'discount' rate with submission of proforma invoice & approval by the committee..ahh! 'reservation' will be place...that is meritocracy...no corruption involved..all LEEgal.

ha ha ha ha ha Members mah! :p

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only that, they still have to do work for the school they once attended or just school, so that, their children gets priority.....but ..ahem!, your father is a contractor..can build the fish pond at a 'discount' rate with submission of proforma invoice & approval by the committee..ahh! 'reservation' will be place...that is meritocracy...no corruption involved..all LEEgal.

ha ha ha ha ha Members mah! :p

business u sure give "kah kee lang" mah :biggrin: