• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Went to New Launch... Ask to put a cheque down

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went to a new launch and the pesky house agent kept asking me to put a blank cheque down for the so called early preview, early bird discount. I where got confidence to let a total stranger hold on to a blank cheque?
Can anyone tell me what they do with this blank cheque and whether or not the early bird discount is really a discount or just a gimmick?

Thanks.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL a blank cheque. Might as well ask you to get blindfolded, strip naked and get locked inside a room filled with rapists. :rolleyes:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just went to a new launch and the pesky house agent kept asking me to put a blank cheque down for the so called early preview, early bird discount. I where got confidence to let a total stranger hold on to a blank cheque?
Can anyone tell me what they do with this blank cheque and whether or not the early bird discount is really a discount or just a gimmick?

Thanks.

i dont think anyone shd sign a blank cheque.

crossroads

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you are referring to the Jade Residences project being marketed by Huttons? Apparently some people have been asked to do this very thing that you are asking about. The Huttons agents claim that it would help facilitate things but how I dont know.

Thanks.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
If account closed or no money inside can sign lah....
Haha, that's what I'll do. A few old cheque books of closed accounts. I find the agents to be doing useless step of asking for blank cheque. As if this will help in any way to increase chance of buying.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Just went to a new launch and the pesky house agent kept asking me to put a blank cheque down

a blank cheque without signature? why the need?
trust me, once you place any valid phone number in their guest book, be prepared for the barrage of advertisements.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys this is a different market segment. The blank cheque is a known practice when the developer is well known and the agent has prior dealings with their group of customers. The moment the soft launch, the prime units are immediately snapped up within minutes on the backs of these cheques. Pricing is usually done at the last minute after a series of viewing and taking market reading.

Nobody gives a blank cheque connected to an account with millions. Its an account for that purpose.

No blank cheque means you end up with unit looking into a blank exterior wall and other undesirable units. The only option is go into the open market and look for flipped properties.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the project at Sant ritz, potong pasir. The agent who happened to be a GUY.... kept repeating that I will get a VVIP discount of 25% (cumulative after adding all that early bird discount).... I kept thinking, I don't even know you, and you can give me a discount of 25% right away? Sounds like a ruse to me....

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its the project at Sant ritz, potong pasir. The agent who happened to be a GUY.... kept repeating that I will get a VVIP discount of 25% (cumulative after adding all that early bird discount).... I kept thinking, I don't even know you, and you can give me a discount of 25% right away? Sounds like a ruse to me....

First time visiting showflat?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
High pressure aggressive sales & marketing tactics by property agents.
Give him blank cheques yes but without signatures.
If want to give him blank cheque,might as well give him
your lanjeow n two ding dong to him.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
First time visiting showflat?

Of all your posts, this is the most sensible one. My response to TS is the same: Never been to show flat ah?
Just get a photocopy of the cheque, the booking document, the agent's card - in any case your cheque is written to the project account name isn't it?
I have done this more than once, and i don't even bother to collect back the blank cheque which expires after 6 months.
If you go to a different country then it is a different storey altogether.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys this is a different market segment. The blank cheque is a known practice when the developer is well known and the agent has prior dealings with their group of customers. The moment the soft launch, the prime units are immediately snapped up within minutes on the backs of these cheques. Pricing is usually done at the last minute after a series of viewing and taking market reading.

Nobody gives a blank cheque connected to an account with millions. Its an account for that purpose.

No blank cheque means you end up with unit looking into a blank exterior wall and other undesirable units. The only option is go into the open market and look for flipped properties.

Another of your unsubstantiated posts. I can point out at least 5 mistakes in your post but i won't bother since you mentioned somewhere "this is an anonymous forum and you must be a gullible idiot to ask every post to be substantiated".. in other words you acknowledged you bullshit a lot here and people should not take what you write seriously.

Just so that others understand the extent of your bullshit let me point out your mistakes:
1) "Guys this is a different market segment" - don't bullshit, this is the practice in all soft launches. The cheque is to secure a queue number and filtering off serious potential buyers from the 90% who are only there to look see.
2) "The moment the soft launch, the prime units are immediately snapped up within minutes on the backs of these cheques" - don't bullshit, these cheques merely give you a queue number, no guarantee of getting a prime unit. In any case, prime units are normally reserved for connected people, these queue numbers merely give you priority to pick among the second tier units.
3) "Pricing is usually done at the last minute after a series of viewing.." - rubbish, pricing is already pre-determined. The exercrise is merely to create a hoohaa for the property and secured at least a certain % of purchasers, much like IPOs going for institutional investors.
4) "Nobody gives a blank cheque connected to an account with millions. Its an account for that purpose." - don't bullshit, you know every property buyer in the market to conclude nobody does that?
5) "The only option is go into the open market and look for flipped properties" - another wise statement from scroobal, something to the extent "your mother is a woman"

Scroobal, your flowery language cannot hide your ignorance.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Of all your posts, this is the most sensible one. My response to TS is the same: Never been to show flat ah?
Just get a photocopy of the cheque, the booking document, the agent's card - in any case your cheque is written to the project account name isn't it?
I have done this more than once, and i don't even bother to collect back the blank cheque which expires after 6 months.
If you go to a different country then it is a different storey altogether.

Aiyah, you didn't realise that in this forum there are those who post not sensible and/or abusive but are actually smart and sensible and there are those who post trying to sound clever and knowledgeable, but are actually idiotic and ignorant?

You just replied to one of each type in posts #15 and 16, no prizes for guessing which is which. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Just so that others understand the extent of your bullshit let me point out your mistakes:

Scroobal, your flowery language cannot hide your ignorance.

He would have replied and conceded that he was not totally correct and that you are knowledgeable and "not a bad chap".
His manipulative behaviour is now becoming almost predictable.

But of course now that I posted this, he might not and simply hope nobody read your post. :biggrin:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
He would have replied and conceded that he was not totally correct and that you are knowledgeable and "not a bad chap".
His manipulative behaviour is now becoming almost predictable.

But of course now that I posted this, he might not and simply hope nobody read your post. :biggrin:

Now he will say i am being manipulated by you :cool: