• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WayangParty Send Hamper and Write Letter Of Apology To Seng Han Tong

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I deeply respect them for such a gesture. What we need is civility in politics, even if the other side doesn't show it from time to time.

What I believe though is that we cannot lecture other people about respecting one's own principles if we don't do that ourselves. So we have to practice what we preach even if its sometimes unpopular. And I think it just establishes that we have rules, and good rules about behaviour and conduct.

Its better overall in the long term also.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I deeply respect them for such a gesture. What we need is civility in politics, even if the other side doesn't show it from time to time.

What I believe though is that we cannot lecture other people about respecting one's own principles if we don't do that ourselves. So we have to practice what we preach even if its sometimes unpopular. And I think it just establishes that we have rules, and good rules about behaviour and conduct.

I disagree.

SInkieland has long established a culture of the lord over peasant. His actions is deem to show that he is bending down for the lord. His reason given for doing that is obvious.

Face it, sinkieland has a long way to go for a real democratic society. If there is no Lord and peasant segregation here, then i think that gesture is more about being civil.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

I completely disagree. It is clear that- by their caveats and, honestly by commonsense- owners or moderators of websites do not endorse the views expressed by others that appear in their website.

By such grand and needless posturing, what good does it serve for others? Should everyone prepare a bird's nest hamper now, just in case, something that's posted on their website *may* offend the powers that be?

Furthermore, for a site that was set up expressedly to mock the Worker's Party for being compliant with the PAP, they sure don't practice what they preach.

As far as I can see, the wayangparty website has done nothing wrong; sending a hamper and apologizing is completely unnecessary. Why concur with the PAP that what has been posted is "wrong"?

By apologizing, they should then also take down the offending post- not doing this is pure hypocrisy, a case of wanting your cake and eating it too.

And by taking down that post, you are really just practising needless censorship.

WHAT GIVES?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

It appears that you have no clue about wayangparty, avantas or what has been going for the last few years.

Take off your blinkers. Ever heard about "thinknothing".

Don't even contemplate about lecturing anyone if you have absolutely no clue what transpired. I suppose you honestly believe all things about the interviews, NTUC vouchers etc.

What about the incident at Ang Mo Kio Coffeeshop?

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
burnt_corpse_4_detail%20600.jpg

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my mind, I wanted to vote any opposition team against PAP in my ward but showing cowardice act is no-no.

Please bear in mind that, the primary objective is to eliminates all PAP ward (if possible) including LKY/LHL and his family as well.

If any opposition seek just POWER only, Singapore will be doomed.

Any opposition whether or not has the credibility to run in any ward must not or never to be precised offer an apology and must stand firm on its ground unless mistake is genuine, therefore learn from WKS, "Lets move on".

I expect any opposition stand firm, be stubborn and battle all out war, just the way LKY did it.

Opposition can do it, can win.

The choice is yours - future opposition candidates.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree.

SInkieland has long established a culture of the lord over peasant. His actions is deem to show that he is bending down for the lord. His reason given for doing that is obvious.

Face it, sinkieland has a long way to go for a real democratic society. If there is no Lord and peasant segregation here, then i think that gesture is more about being civil.

That won't help in breaking the habits of the past, if we want to have a real democratic system. In this type of country, the system is supreme, and no-one is below or above the law, and politicians do have to show basic courtesy and respect, even if they are not friends(I mean, do I see Opposition leader Malcolm Turnbull being friends with PM Rudd in Oz? No. But that doesn't mean Rudd chases Turnbull with an axe outside of Parliament just because they have policy differences).

If not, democracy will just become a sideshow, and vendetta politics will turn people cynical again. There's a growing number of M'sians and Thais who are getting sick of politicians simply because the politicians have made themselves-unwittingly, I might add- part-time soap opera actors and actresses of their own reality show.

And who loses out in the end? The country and its people. Governing is not the same as campaigning and one must know when and where to start governing, and when its time to campaign. Once you're elected, it calls for a different role and flexibility on the part of the top executive. If not you would end up like that disgraced ex-Illinois Governor Rod Blago.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
It appears that you have no clue about wayangparty, avantas or what has been going for the last few years.

Take off your blinkers. Ever heard about "thinknothing".

Don't even contemplate about lecturing anyone if you have absolutely no clue what transpired. I suppose you honestly believe all things about the interviews, NTUC vouchers etc.

What about the incident at Ang Mo Kio Coffeeshop?

No, I don't. That doesn't mean I didn't consider the political side of my words when I wrote that. A person like you should understand why I wrote that anyway. I didn't think I was naive in writing that, honestly so I hope you can see it from my perspective.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That won't help in breaking the habits of the past, if we want to have a real democratic system. In this type of country, the system is supreme, and no-one is below or above the law, and politicians do have to show basic courtesy and respect, even if they are not friends(I mean, do I see Opposition leader Malcolm Turnbull being friends with PM Rudd in Oz? No. But that doesn't mean Rudd chases Turnbull with an axe outside of Parliament just because they have policy differences).

If not, democracy will just become a sideshow, and vendetta politics will turn people cynical again. There's a growing number of M'sians and Thais who are getting sick of politicians simply because the politicians have made themselves-unwittingly, I might add- part-time soap opera actors and actresses of their own reality show.

And who loses out in the end? The country and its people. Governing is not the same as campaigning and one must know when and where to start governing, and when its time to campaign. Once you're elected, it calls for a different role and flexibility on the part of the top executive. If not you would end up like that disgraced ex-Illinois Governor Rod Blago.

It is not about showing the axe, i am talking about the motive of his action of sending the hamper in an environment where lord is over peasant.

i usually stay away from people behaving like that, a coward and people with ulterior motive.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not about showing the axe, i am talking about the motive of his action of sending the hamper in an environment where lord is over peasant.

i usually stay away from people behaving like that, a coward and people with ulterior motive.

Well, I wouldn't know what is their motive. As for staying away from them, it'd depend on the circumstances and their overall conduct.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I wouldn't know what is their motive. As for staying away from them, it'd depend on the circumstances and their overall conduct.

Well, that comes with life experiences and nothing can hide from you when you get that skill.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, that comes with life experiences and nothing can hide from you when you get that skill.

I know politics and political circumstances can become so toxic and radioactive that its difficult to extract one from it...in other words, even I know that unless one has enough experience, politics is a quicksand of a job career.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I don't. That doesn't mean I didn't consider the political side of my words when I wrote that. A person like you should understand why I wrote that anyway. I didn't think I was naive in writing that, honestly so I hope you can see it from my perspective.

The website is a fraud. No one had seen the guy in person. This is the same guy that took an SPH reporter (son of an ex-map) for a ride, paid some malay boys to paste false posters etc, used locke' name etc. This has been going on for years. He has been playing both sides of the field using different nicks but they all hinge around the web. The Singapore Enquirer guys are now on the ride despite one of them been told to check his bona fides.

I thought you knew about it.

This is not your ordinary scenario where someone had gone overboard and now is apologetic.

This guy this week claimed in this forum that Chia Tilik whacked WP in his speech at the recent SDP forum. No such thing happenned. I suppose you think Eugene exist.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

All roads lead to Rome, and all roads from the Wayang Party lead to the SG Enquirer and Ng E Jay.

Personally its amusing to see how one's knickers can get all into a twist over offending articles which supposedly were not written by them in the first place.

Here I am talking about "article zero" or the one headlined " top ten things SHT should be thankful for." and not the rabid "burn baby burn" comments which followed.

Do note that even though the article was PURPORTEDLY taken of the net, Wayang Party did not provide a reference not a link and did not attribute the source. Thus I suppose some apprehension on facing the police again......errrr shades of the red t shirt incident and of an aversion to the men in blue.

I believe to many of the more well informed observers that errrr " I did not do it really but I am somewhat involved in it, " " articles written by clones" " clones accusing clones in flame wars" and the " I wore a red t shirt but took it off because I was not in the protest" all have a certain familiar ring to it.

Wayang Party does have its own cameraman, he is well known with his dark sun glasses ISD look taking down opposition events. and yes CTL did attack the WP indirectly but nevertheless he did.

Locke

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The website is a fraud. No one had seen the guy in person. This is the same guy that took an SPH reporter (son of an ex-map) for a ride, paid some malay boys to paste false posters etc, used locke' name etc. This has been going on for years. He has been playing both sides of the field using different nicks but they all hinge around the web. The Singapore Enquirer guys are now on the ride despite one of them been told to check his bona fides.

I thought you knew about it.

This is not your ordinary scenario where someone had gone overboard and now is apologetic.

This guy this week claimed in this forum that Chia Tilik whacked WP in his speech at the recent SDP forum. No such thing happenned. I suppose you think Eugene exist.

All of that isn't news to me, brother.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Personally its amusing to see how one's knickers can get all into a twist over offending articles which supposedly were not written by them in the first place.

Locke

Beyond me what the entire purpose of this charade is. First it WP, than GMS, then Melvin, then TOC and then supposed merger with TOC. All unilateral of course.

By the way, guy in dark clases is not this guy. Though he works for him and probably believes his boss name to be Locke or thinks that he is on His Majesty's Secret Service. I believe the Enquirer has taken over all videography.

Hopefully Tan Tarn How and company can crack this nutcase.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has been playing both sides of the field using different nicks but they all hinge around the web. The Singapore Enquirer guys are now on the ride despite one of them been told to check his bona fides.

One story in 3in1 Kopitiam goes that the one is the bona fide himself. For the extensive coverage that the web portals have to do, it is difficult for the person behind it to remain unfaced, especially for years.